PDA

View Full Version : Dreams with meanings.

Gary L
11-04-2009, 22:04
I want to tell you about my dream :)

I had this dream a few months back, and it has always had me puzzled whenever I think about it.

I dreamed that I received a call on my mobile on my way to work. the woman that called me was messing about with me at first, but then I knew I knew her (well I thought I did) so I started talking to her. but I was doing all the talking. I was talking about myself like I was making excuses for why I was too busy and saying what I've been doing.

She was trying to ask me something but I was still blocking her asking it.
after a while of talking to her I asked if she was still there but she wasn't. when I woke up I knew straight away that I knew her voice but couldn't work out who she was. and everytime I think about it now I know that she was somebody special in my life who I've known, but I will probably never work out who she was.

anyone else had weird dreams about flying or anything? :)

papa smurf
11-04-2009, 22:15
science says every one dreams
if i do i don't recall them .

Gary L
11-04-2009, 22:17

It's probably your age and memory span :)

papa smurf
11-04-2009, 22:20

its great when re watching films i'm the only one who cant remember the plot;)

Peter_
11-04-2009, 22:22
They reckon you can dream and not even be aware of it which seems to be similar to what you are saying.

In some cases you go to bed thinking about a problem and wake up with an answer and that is supposed to be the subconscious mind solving the problem during your sleep.

What you make of such things is up to you.

lucy7
11-04-2009, 22:27
I want to tell you about my dream :)

I had this dream a few months back, and it has always had me puzzled whenever I think about it.

I dreamed that I received a call on my mobile on my way to work. the woman that called me was messing about with me at first, but then I knew I knew her (well I thought I did) so I started talking to her. but I was doing all the talking. I was talking about myself like I was making excuses for why I was too busy and saying what I've been doing.

She was trying to ask me something but I was still blocking her asking it.
after a while of talking to her I asked if she was still there but she wasn't. when I woke up I knew straight away that I knew her voice but couldn't work out who she was. and everytime I think about it now I know that she was somebody special in my life who I've known, but I will probably never work out who she was.

anyone else had weird dreams about flying or anything? :)

It was me!

I was trying to ask you why we all spend so much time on the internet?

My flying one was last night, or the night before.
We were on a plane and the man in frount put his seat back and trapped us, we could not move at all, and were getting squashed!
It did actually stop me from going back to sleep, strange that, as I'm not that pathetic normally!

Hom3r
11-04-2009, 22:30
I know that if you are dreaming about being chased you are accually running away from something in you life.

I saw a website about dream meanings will try to find it.

Gary L
11-04-2009, 22:34
It was me!

I was trying to ask you why we all spend so much time on the internet?

We're all avoiding something? :)

My flying one was last night, or the night before.
We were on a plane and the man in frount put his seat back and trapped us, we could not move at all, and were getting squashed!
It did actually stop me from going back to sleep, strange that, as I'm not that pathetic normally!

I meant Superman kind of flying! :D

Mr_love_monkey
11-04-2009, 22:35
I dreamt I ate my pillow, and when I woke up my giant marshmellow was gone

Gary L
11-04-2009, 22:35
I know that if you are dreaming about being chased you are accually running away from something in you life.

You can never run properly in dreams. it's always in slow motion.

Peter_
11-04-2009, 22:38
Here is a website with the meaning of dreams one of many if you google.

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

I dreamt I ate my pillow, and when I woke up my giant marshmellow was gone
I thought you just gave your pillow the hump:D

Mr_love_monkey
11-04-2009, 23:05
I thought you just gave your pillow the hump:D
Nah, that's the wife you're thinking of

Peter_
11-04-2009, 23:07
Nah, that's the wife you're thinking of
Good old pillow talk.:D

fireman328
11-04-2009, 23:17

I saw a website about dream meanings will try to find it.

Dont tell the girlfriend lol

CycoSymz
11-04-2009, 23:30

I can't remember my dreams either, but then again, I have trouble remembering what I did last week. :erm:

icestar2
11-04-2009, 23:39
I remember a couple years back I was very intrested in this subject. I even had a DVD on lucid dreaming and remember looking into it a bit on the net at the time. Said things like soon as you wake up try writing things down that you remember from your dreams and after a while you can see meaning's, reasons for the dream etc etc and even become aware when your dreaming and change the dream as you wish.

How much of this is true I dont know because I lost intrest in it before even trying anything(Dont remember why). Still I have some very strange dream's at time's and even the odd nightmare that scare the crap out of me. Used to have them alot when I was younger(Nightmares that is) but not so much now.

I usually always remember my dreams to, Not always but very often I can recall parts of them.

Tinky
12-04-2009, 08:07
I very often remember my dreams, but they never make any sense. However if you are superstitious the saying goes 'Friday night's dream on Saturday told, is sure to come true no matter how old'. :erm:

Russ
12-04-2009, 08:09
I've never understood so-called 'dream dictionaries' seeing as dreams are what our own subconscious uses to analyse things. On that basis everything is down to personal interpretation.

Peter_
12-04-2009, 08:12
I've never understood so-called 'dream dictionaries' seeing as dreams are what our own subconscious uses to analyse things. On that basis everything is down to personal interpretation.
I posted a link but they are laughable.:D

joglynne
12-04-2009, 11:41
Dreams can seem so real at times. My husband came downstairs one morning and said he had decided, as it was such a nice morning, to go into work with the top down on his car. As we sat having breakfast with me grinning at him he slowly remembered that...

1) He drove a van to work.
2) Our car was a Mini.

He was really disappointed. :D

Halcyon
12-04-2009, 23:38
I've always been fascinated with dreams. I remember posting about them a few years ago.
Sometimes dreams just feel so real and when you wake up you ask yourself what the hell was that about or if it was actually real.

I've had dreams where I've dreamt of people I havent seen for years but somehow they have come into a recent dream.

Everyone dreams differently but maybe Gary your dream could indicate someone that is trying to tell you something about yourself and you don't want to know since you are cutting them off and not letting them tell you. Maybe you are afraid of what they are going to say.
I've no idea and it could mean anything, but that's just my guess at things.

superbiatch
12-04-2009, 23:45
I've always been fascinated with dreams. I remember posting about them a few years ago.
Sometimes dreams just feel so real and when you wake up you ask yourself what the hell was that about or if it was actually real.

I've had dreams where I've dreamt of people I havent seen for years but somehow they have come into a recent dream.

Everyone dreams differently but maybe Gary your dream could indicate someone that is trying to tell you something about yourself and you don't want to know since you are cutting them off and not letting them tell you. Maybe you are afraid of what they are going to say.

I've also done a lot of studying into dreams in the past and think you could be onto something here Halycon for Gary :tu:

I remember dreaming my ex was chasing me down a street with a gun about a year after we split up and apparently it was down to me feeling guilty (which was very true as I'd decided things weren't working out and to call it a day - i hated hurting him, but i knew it was the right thing to do). Don't get me wrong - I don't whack the dream dictionary out every morning, it has to have bothered me enough to look it up in the first place ;) And I do believe they sometimes have alternative meanings and maybe you need to look a bit deeper.

So Gary, take note :p:

lucy7
13-04-2009, 08:01
I dreamt I was all alone and sad last night, whats that all about then?

jajise93
13-04-2009, 08:08
Iv dreamt some one in my life had passed away n then i woke up crying, also has any one begun to doze of and then suddenly felt an extreme drop and woke up? happens to me constantly

alferret
13-04-2009, 19:35
My dreams are far to explicit for a family orientated board like CF.

Dude111
14-04-2009, 08:25
Dreams often do mean MANY THINGS and its important to be able to decipher them!

Dreams of flying mean you are able to RISE ABOVE whatever is bothering you and find another way,etc......

cimt
14-04-2009, 09:46
Iv dreamt some one in my life had passed away n then i woke up crying, also has any one begun to doze of and then suddenly felt an extreme drop and woke up? happens to me constantly

You were falling in the dream maybe?

Mr_love_monkey
16-04-2009, 16:43
also has any one begun to doze of and then suddenly felt an extreme drop and woke up? happens to me constantly

I get that a lot - mostly because the pixies under my bed have come out and are trying to push me out of the bed

TheDaddy
16-04-2009, 16:59
has any one begun to doze of and then suddenly felt an extreme drop and woke up? happens to me constantly

Nothing to worry about, it's a throw back to when we lived in the trees, to stop us from falling to our doom. Hundreds of thousands of years of evolution and you still can't take the monkey out of the man :erm:

Hugh
16-04-2009, 20:24
I get that a lot - mostly because the pixies under my bed have come out and are trying to push me out of the bed

Oh!

So that's what your wife said, was it? ;)

Gary L
16-04-2009, 22:44

I had the dream months ago. probably even a year. it's just one dream that I always remember as if I had it yesterday. it's the voice on the other end that I always think about and what bothers me most about it.

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:38 ----------

I've also done a lot of studying into dreams in the past and think you could be onto something here Halycon for Gary :tu:

I remember dreaming my ex was chasing me down a street with a gun about a year after we split up and apparently it was down to me feeling guilty (which was very true as I'd decided things weren't working out and to call it a day - i hated hurting him, but i knew it was the right thing to do). Don't get me wrong - I don't whack the dream dictionary out every morning, it has to have bothered me enough to look it up in the first place ;) And I do believe they sometimes have alternative meanings and maybe you need to look a bit deeper.

So Gary, take note :p:

Was he firing blanks? :)

superbiatch
16-04-2009, 23:11
Was he firing blanks? :)

Unfortunately not, he killed me :rolleyes:

Gary L
16-04-2009, 23:18

Oh dear :)
I usually wake up before they kill me :)

icestar2
17-04-2009, 01:28

Guess the old if you die in your dreams you die in real life is a load of crap then :shocked:

superbiatch
17-04-2009, 08:53
Guess the old if you die in your dreams you die in real life is a load of crap then :shocked:

Apparently so, and thankfully! :D