PDA

View Full Version : NTL Query (Not Virgin)

Angua
09-04-2009, 07:54
The company I work for has organised that telephone services will be provided by NTL Business to many of our properties, with individual lines for each tenant. For some odd reason they do not do payphones though.

The query I have is over repairs to the box you plug your phone in to within the tenants room. NTL claim they will only deal with items FOC up to the main box into the house thereafter there is a charge.

If this responsibility is correct has anyone any idea what the charge might be to fit a replacement box by NTL. Bearing in mind our tenants have long term disabilities and for insurance and safety purposes cannot have Joe Bloggs off the street fitting a new box willy-nilly?

TIA for information.

on in an hour!
09-04-2009, 09:59
The company I work for has organised that telephone services will be provided by NTL Business to many of our properties, with individual lines for each tenant. For some odd reason they do not do payphones though.

The query I have is over repairs to the box you plug your phone in to within the tenants room. NTL claim they will only deal with items FOC up to the main box into the house thereafter there is a charge.

If this responsibility is correct has anyone any idea what the charge might be to fit a replacement box by NTL. Bearing in mind our tenants have long term disabilities and for insurance and safety purposes cannot have Joe Bloggs off the street fitting a new box willy-nilly?

TIA for information.

their responsibility is up to and including the master sockets,if i read you right they are fitting a main termination box (say in a basement or a cupboard) and then running a socket to each of your tenants rooms.

if this is correct their responsibility extends to the cabling and sockets up to each tenants room.now i think you may be asking what the charge is if any of these sockets are damaged by your tenants,if this is the case,then there is a standard £99 charge for any 'non-service affecting' faults,these faults would be attended by an in-house business fault technician.hope this helps.;)

m419
14-04-2009, 18:57
You could do it yourself if you know what your doing, the sell mastersockets in Woolworths Ooops almost forgot! they went belly up, No worries Maplin still sell them, I would suggest you contact your landlord or administrator of the property who should be responsible for the cost and maintainence of the property.

NTL Telewest Business Faults and technical support can be contacted on 0800-953-2800.

Stuart
14-04-2009, 20:01
You could do it yourself if you know what your doing, the sell mastersockets in Woolworths Ooops almost forgot! they went belly up, No worries Maplin still sell them, I would suggest you contact your landlord or administrator of the property who should be responsible for the cost and maintainence of the property.

Depends on a few things.

1) They may own (and therefore be responsible for) the properties in question.
2) There could be several tenants per property and many properties. It may not be practical to maintain the sockets themselves. They would also want the warranty offered by having the sockets installed professionally, so if anything goes wrong, they don't have to spend time (and therefore money as the person doing the finding is going to be paid a wage) finding the fault.