PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool Pleasure Beach

LondonRoad
05-04-2009, 17:18
Do any of you know how much it cost to pay at the gate for wristbands (2 adults, 2 children). I can find the price if you book in advance but with the weather forecast looking to ropey this week I was thinking we might just decide to go on the day.

Halcyon
05-04-2009, 17:32
From Wikipedia:

From 2009 Blackpool Pleasure Beach will no longer be accessible to the public without holding a ticket first. Guests will now be required to pay £5 at any of the entrance gate under Noah's Ark, for a special Freedom Pass unless they have first purchased an unlimited ride wristband. This pass will allow access to the park and to selected attractions within the park area covering Water Dance Show, Chinese Puzzle maze, Pleasure Beach Express, as well as the South Beach Musical stage show at Planet Rock.

LondonRoad
05-04-2009, 17:35
Yes, it's the unlimited wristbands we're looking for. I can only find a price for them pre-ordered over the internet.

Julian
05-04-2009, 17:41
According to This Site (http://www.tbppbguideforums.info/bpb/) a special offer ticket giving an £8 discount on a wristband was £12. I guess that makes the normal price £20.00. You may have to pay the new £5.00 entrance fee as well.

Halcyon
05-04-2009, 17:43
From a quick Google it seems to vary from £15 to a maximum £35

zing_deleted
05-04-2009, 17:50
still a lot cheaper than paying for each ride you want to go on by the looks of it

lauzjp
06-04-2009, 12:19
I'd love to go there again. But at a size 24 I'm too big for the rides, I know that. :(

Anyway, a little off topic but in the Sun today there's a coupon for buy one get one free tickets at places like Alton Towers etc. - just thought I'd mention it ;)

Nidge
08-04-2009, 04:19
The pleasure beach in Blackpool is way out of date, I went last year and to say it needs an upgrade is an understatement.

lauzjp
08-04-2009, 13:25
there's some kind of offer with the Daily Star to get reductions on Blackpool tickets! ;)

LSainsbury
08-04-2009, 15:05
Last time I went there, was a few years ago.

I was working up that way, and we had few hours to kill so we decided to venture into that place.

It was May.
It was raining.
It was cold and wet.
There was nobody about.
There was nothing open.
The visit lasted all of 10 mins.

I ain't EVER going there again!

LondonRoad
11-04-2009, 11:39
We went on Tuesday and had a really good day, weather wise the best day of the week. (Despite being cold by celtic complexion still managed to get sun reddened!)

It was costly though; we paid on the day because the weather forecasts were so ropey and it cost us £20 more than if we'd booked 12 hours in advance over t'internet.

Prices at this time of the year £20 per adult, £18 per child over 2 years. T'internet price (at least 12 hours before opening, they are going to be strict about this) £15 per adult, £13 per child.

I did try to get an answer about whether the £5 discount would apply to all the prices in high season or whether there would be more of a discount. One person says yes but checked with her colleague who said that you won't know the prices until you go onto the internet. :shrug:

I didn't manage any of the real white knuckle rides, but my 7 year old was brave enough to accompany on the big dipper and Grand National...Quite apt after my 50p e/w on the winner last week. :D

wwe
15-04-2009, 01:17
its 20 pounds but if u order them online u save 5pounds