PDA

View Full Version : Terrorists - report them.

Gary L
30-03-2009, 13:31
I was driving along a road catching up a bus. at the back I could see a poster saying something like Don't rely on others. report it yourself. with a freephone number and it says anti terrorism.

no word of a lie as I started slowing down because it was pulling into a stop I just casually glanced over at the opposite bus stop. guess who was standing there with what looked like a pram?

a muslim woman with a mask on staring back at me! :LOL:

It's getting beyond a joke now with this terrorism thing. are they telling us to spy on Muslims? they have to be. they are causing an issue, and if I was a muslim I'd complain myself what the government is doing in making us single them out and causing us to have an opinion on what they could be or might be.

Raistlin
30-03-2009, 13:43
It's getting beyond a joke now with this terrorism thing. are they telling us to spy on Muslims? they have to be. they are causing an issue, and if I was a muslim I'd complain myself what the government is doing in making us single them out and causing us to have an opinion on what they could be or might be.

I'm assuming from your statement that the advert specifically states that Muslims are all terrorists, and that's the reason that adverts/things like this are 'making us single them out'?

Stuart
30-03-2009, 13:49
I was driving along a road catching up a bus. at the back I could see a poster saying something like Don't rely on others. report it yourself. with a freephone number and it says anti terrorism.

no word of a lie as I started slowing down because it was pulling into a stop I just casually glanced over at the opposite bus stop. guess who was standing there with what looked like a pram?

a muslim woman with a mask on staring back at me! :LOL:

In fairness to the Government, they are actually asking you to report stuff that is out of the ordinary. The "tourist" paying a little too much attention to CCTV cameras. The customer who regularly goes into shops and buys large quantities of bleach, that sort of thing.

While I don't necessarily think things are as bad as they are making out, they aren't specifically targetting any group.

Gary L
30-03-2009, 13:54
I'm assuming from your statement that the advert specifically states that Muslims are all terrorists, and that's the reason that adverts/things like this are 'making us single them out'?

No Rob. I don't think all Muslims are terrorists. I don't even think that all terrorists are Muslims.
There is no assumption to be made anyway. that isn't the point of the post.

Will the government say the same thing in response to what is it with this OTT scaremongering that you are funding in Britain of late?

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:49 ----------

In fairness to the Government, they are actually asking you to report stuff that is out of the ordinary. The "tourist" paying a little too much attention to CCTV cameras. The customer who regularly goes into shops and buys large quantities of bleach, that sort of thing.

While I don't necessarily think things are as bad as they are making out, they aren't specifically targetting any group.

They are targetting a group. the last threat of terrorism this country had was from the IRA.
So all of a sudden everybody be they whiite/black/green or yellow wants to be a terrorist, and can be seen as threat to becomming a terrorist.

it has nothing at all to do with a war that is going on and the ethnic group that is involved in that war?
and even the threats they have had made to this country?

It would be interesting to hear a Muslims point of view.

Stuart
30-03-2009, 13:59
They are targetting a group. the last threat of terrorism this country had was from the IRA.
So all of a sudden everybody be they whiite/black/green or yellow wants to be a terrorist, and can be seen as threat to becomming a terrorist.

As far as I am aware, the ads are not targetting one specific group.

Damien
30-03-2009, 14:45
The adverts are not targeting any one group. They are targeting Terrorism. You might as well say targeting Terrorists is anti-Muslim because, in the UK, they are a group from which the majority of our terrorists will emerge from

Raistlin
30-03-2009, 14:48
No Rob. I don't think all Muslims are terrorists. I don't even think that all terrorists are Muslims.
There is no assumption to be made anyway. that isn't the point of the post.

Will the government say the same thing in response to what is it with this OTT scaremongering that you are funding in Britain of late?

That's not what I asked.

You made the connection between the Government's adverts and the Muslim lady at the side of the road - I asked if this connection was made because the adverts specifically stated that Muslims were terrorists, or if it targetted Muslims in some way.

If it didn't, and it just asked people to be vigilant, then how have you connected the woman at the side of the road to the advert?

Gary L
30-03-2009, 15:16
That's not what I asked.

You made the connection between the Government's adverts and the Muslim lady at the side of the road - I asked if this connection was made because the adverts specifically stated that Muslims were terrorists, or if it targetted Muslims in some way.

If it didn't, and it just asked people to be vigilant, then how have you connected the woman at the side of the road to the advert?

I made the connection because I'm to be what society will call a racist for making that connection to do with that poster.
I can't say so it has nothing to do with what is going on and I assumed that this is what the terrorism you're talking about?

What if a muslim was to have the same opinion but reversed? they think that people are targetting them and doing what the government is suggesting and targetting them as a result of these posters?

Do us White English people suggest to them that they are being racist against us, or do they suggest that we are being racist against them? or doesn't racism come into it at all. there is no racism because we're either paranoid or politically correct.

Am I a racist or am I just one of the new societys paranoids?

haydnwalker
30-03-2009, 15:24
I don't know whether you are paranoid or racist - I do think you're taking it a little too far though. I do think the government has generalised it a little too much... anything could be completely normal to one person but completely weird to another. How are you going to distinguish between the two?

I've heard the adverts that say something to the effect of "report anything and we'll make the decision to follow it" If this was the case - the whole of the UK could be on the phone to them 24/7 (with paranoia).

The government may be trying to scare us...but its all speculation.

Gary L
30-03-2009, 15:29
I don't know whether you are paranoid or racist - I do think you're taking it a little too far though. I do think the government has generalised it a little too much... anything could be completely normal to one person but completely weird to another. How are you going to distinguish between the two?

I've heard the adverts that say something to the effect of "report anything and we'll make the decision to follow it" If this was the case - the whole of the UK could be on the phone to them 24/7 (with paranoia).

The government may be trying to scare us...but its all speculation.

Well I'll be interested in the results of this. I want to see what comes of any reports acted upon.
In the meantime I will still keep hearing or watching on the news about a terrorist plot has failed due to undercover work by the police. and I will still try to convince myself that I am being paranoid about these posters and ads being targetted at the ones who got arrested and they just happen to have a foreign name.

haydnwalker
30-03-2009, 15:32
They may have foreign names - but thats hardly the point is it?

Your next door neighbour might be white british but still be a terrorist...

Gary L
30-03-2009, 15:35
Your next door neighbour might be white british but still be a terrorist...

If he's the one I think your thinking of. he's not a terrorist he's the most politically correct person you could come across in your life :)

haydnwalker
30-03-2009, 15:41
If he's the one I think your thinking of. he's not a terrorist he's the most politically correct person you could come across in your life :)

:LOL:

v0id
30-03-2009, 15:52
http://www.met.police.uk/campaigns/counter_terrorism/index.htm

Gary L
30-03-2009, 15:57
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/defence/5042708/Government-warns-of-nuclear-terror-threat.html

Hugh
30-03-2009, 16:26
I made the connection because I'm to be what society will call a racist for making that connection to do with that poster.
I can't say so it has nothing to do with what is going on and I assumed that this is what the terrorism you're talking about?

What if a muslim was to have the same opinion but reversed? they think that people are targetting them and doing what the government is suggesting and targetting them as a result of these posters?

Do us White English people suggest to them that they are being racist against us, or do they suggest that we are being racist against them? or doesn't racism come into it at all. there is no racism because we're either paranoid or politically correct.

Am I a racist or am I just one of the new societys paranoids?
I think you need to cut down on the caffeine, Gary. ;)

Gary L
30-03-2009, 16:30
I think you need to cut down on the caffeine, Gary. ;)

I think you should cut down on the one liners :)

Paul
30-03-2009, 17:26
I think you both need to stay on topic.

Hugh
30-03-2009, 20:34
Apologies.

Arthurgray50@blu
30-03-2009, 20:49
Terrorist, are th biggest threat to the shore of this great country, they do not care who they miam or kill, they want to become matyrs.

Each person, in this country can help greatly combat these people, report ANYTHING you think is suspicious, no matter how small, let the police decide if it is important.

If you see anyone, who might be different to the area, taking photos or anything, report it, just think YOUR call could save lifes.

SB_07
30-03-2009, 21:11
Can we report our government?

papa smurf
30-03-2009, 21:22
it is of course wrong to suggest that all Muslims are terrorists, its just that most terrorists seem to be Muslim as far as i can see ..

Stuart
30-03-2009, 21:27
it is of course wrong to suggest that all Muslims are terrorists, its just that most terrorists seem to be Muslim as far as i can see ..

And yet the IRA have commited many more attacks over a far longer period than any of the Muslim groups.

And yes, they are still active in some form.

Gary L
30-03-2009, 22:16

The 5 people that were arrested today have been reported as not having any links to any religious groups. they were planning to mount protests in London against the G20 summit of world leaders.

papa smurf
30-03-2009, 22:19
is this the 5 numptys with fake guns and a bag of fireworks i heard of on the news ??

Gary L
30-03-2009, 22:22
is this the 5 numptys with fake guns and a bag of fireworks i heard of on the news ??

No ammunition for the pretend guns was found :D

Peter_
30-03-2009, 22:23
Yes it is about this 5 and they had a fake Kalashnikov.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7972231.stm

papa smurf
30-03-2009, 22:28
sparklers a toy gun and a can of paint is hardly terrorist material :D

Maggy
30-03-2009, 22:29
Yes it is about this 5 and they had a fake Kalashnikov.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7972231.stm

Planks!The police don't need to be chasing 'fake' terrorists..:rolleyes:

Gary L
30-03-2009, 22:37

The planks weren't chasing them.

The arrests were made after the 25-year-old man was arrested in Plymouth on the evening of 27 March for allegedly spraying graffiti on a wall.

ACC Netherton said: "He was arrested and then the officer went back to this man's house and carried out a search.

frogstamper
30-03-2009, 23:11
Well in my opinion you all sound very dodgy indeed, so the only patriotic thing to do is report the lot of you.;)

Right where do I go for my reward?:)

Gary L
30-03-2009, 23:20
Well in my opinion you all sound very dodgy indeed, so the only patriotic thing to do is report the lot of you.;)

Right where do I go for my reward?:)

0800 789 321
I don't know if they give rewards. I never get time to ask that question. I only get as far when I answer white to the colour question asked and then the phone goes dead :D

SMG
31-03-2009, 01:17
Mmmmmmmm. Some plastic guns look as real as their originals. When faced with a firearm any professional would assume it was real, & take appropriate measures. A can of spray paint makes a pretty good fire bomb too. Sparklers can be used as time delay fuses. (Sorry Papa).

GaryL, are you 100% sure it was "a muslim woman with a mask on" staring back at you, could it have been a man dressed up to look like a woman?

It has already happened, a man dressed as a Muslim woman left the country using her passport. Maybe a bit paranoid over here, but in Iraq, He or She could easily have 10 kilos of PE in the pram, ready to blow you, & everyone around you to hell. The ad didn't tell you to spy on Muslims. It simply asks you to be alert & report anything out of the ordinary.

The threat to our freedom is real. Radicals are undermining our society, & unfortunately, the perceived threat is from the fanatical radical Muslims. Its true that most Muslims are peaceful people who just want to get on with their life, but, not all want peace.

As I have said many times, this country is fast becoming a haven for terrorists. Sooner or later we will all have to wake up & smell the coffee.

Peter_
31-03-2009, 07:10
I know that but these planks could very easily have got themselves shot carrying a Kalashnikov at the G20 summit where Police would be ready to shot first and ask questions later, even if this supposed fake/toy had a red tip to show it was a toy the Police could have assumed it was being disguised.

I would say these 5 people were very lucky just to have been arrested unless they were looking for some kind of martyrdom.

The Kalashnikov only has to look like this one for them to be shot and that is a 34 inch long battery powered replica, could you tell it was fake from a distance?

http://www.airsoft-store.co.uk/kalashnikov-ak47-replica-rifle-cm022-air-soft-electric-p-1290.html

cnewton2k
31-03-2009, 08:24
And yet the IRA have committed many more attacks over a far longer period than any of the Muslim groups.

And yes, they are still active in some form.

However the IRA haven't had such a profound effect on the world, and changed the way in which we view so many things.

After what the extremist did on 911 i dont think anything will ever compare.

So yeah people should be vigilant and yeah it may offend some people, but it will save a lot more.

Gary L
31-03-2009, 11:45
GaryL, are you 100% sure it was "a muslim woman with a mask on" staring back at you, could it have been a man dressed up to look like a woman?

He was a woman. he had womans eyes.

As I have said many times, this country is fast becoming a haven for terrorists. Sooner or later we will all have to wake up & smell the coffee.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/03/7.jpg

Hugh
31-03-2009, 11:51
From the article -
"ACC Netherton said the weapons included imitation handguns and a Kalashnikov"

If they (the G20 protestors) took over a building, how would the occupants/police know they were fake guns?

Gary L
31-03-2009, 11:53
[quote]"ACC Netherton said the weapons included imitation handguns and a Kalashnikov"

If they (the G20 protestors) took over a building, how would the occupants/police know they were fake guns?

After they're all dead.
or they don't return fire when shot at.

rogerdraig
31-03-2009, 12:53
Mmmmmmmm. Some plastic guns look as real as their originals. When faced with a firearm any professional would assume it was real, & take appropriate measures. A can of spray paint makes a pretty good fire bomb too. Sparklers can be used as time delay fuses. (Sorry Papa).

It has already happened, a man dressed as a Muslim woman left the country using her passport. Maybe a bit paranoid over here, but in Iraq, He or She could easily have 10 kilos of PE in the pram, ready to blow you, & everyone around you to hell. The ad didn't tell you to spy on Muslims. It simply asks you to be alert & report anything out of the ordinary.

The threat to our freedom is real. Radicals are undermining our society, & unfortunately, the perceived threat is from the fanatical radical Muslims. Its true that most Muslims are peaceful people who just want to get on with their life, but, not all want peace.

i take it you have a kitchen ?

then we could most likely have you arrested for having bomb making materials much more effective than those mentioned above

all this stuff is scaremongering to get id cards and national databases seen as needed even though they will do nothing to help make us secure from anyone

Hugh
31-03-2009, 13:52
[quote=foreverwar;34765834]

After they're all dead.
or they don't return fire when shot at.

You obviously have different "rules of engagement".........

Gary L
31-03-2009, 14:08
You obviously have different "rules of engagement".........

We don't pussyfoot around anymore. we can't afford to.

Hugh
31-03-2009, 14:15
We don't pussyfoot around anymore. we can't afford to.
What's with the "we" - please do not include me in your Rambo fantasies. ;)

Gary L
31-03-2009, 14:19
What's with the "we" - please do not include me in your Rambo fantasies. ;)

It wasn't Rambo. it was Steven Seagal! :)

Ignitionnet
31-03-2009, 14:27
I'm actually just wondering what piece of freedom destroying legislation Wacky Jacqui is softening us up for now. Usually when they want to get us past the low sweat stage it's because she has something big planned in her assault on our civil liberties.

Anyone have any idea on any big 1984-style legislation that's in the pipeline?

Isn't it a great feeling that the head of the department dedicated to keeping us safe can't even keep an eye on her own expenses and expenses her husband's masturbation material.

Going back to the topic directly they can bugger off. If I see something blatantly odd of course I'll report it, anything more opaque, well, isn't that what MI5/6, GCHQ and the hundreds of thousands of CCTV cameras along with various dubious legislation in the name of security are for?

Gary L
31-03-2009, 15:16
Going back to the topic directly they can bugger off. If I see something blatantly odd of course I'll report it, anything more opaque, well, isn't that what MI5/6, GCHQ and the hundreds of thousands of CCTV cameras along with various dubious legislation in the name of security are for?

It's as if they're watching us to make sure we don't get to them. and they're wanting us to watch ourselves and report those to stop them from getting to them
:) :spin::spin:

Pierre
31-03-2009, 15:25
However the IRA haven't had such a profound effect on the world, and changed the way in which we view so many things.

There was once a time that a transit van with Northern Irish plates parked up London would gain a lot of interest from the police or vigilante passers by.

Stuart
31-03-2009, 17:09
i take it you have a kitchen ?

then we could most likely have you arrested for having bomb making materials much more effective than those mentioned above

all this stuff is scaremongering to get id cards and national databases seen as needed even though they will do nothing to help make us secure from anyone

The rules about realistic looking toy guns have been around a long time. They were introduced because, in an emergency, it can be difficult for the Police to distinguish between these guns and real guns. So, they tend to assume the guns are real (better safe than sorry).

rogerdraig
31-03-2009, 17:49
The rules about realistic looking toy guns have been around a long time. They were introduced because, in an emergency, it can be difficult for the Police to distinguish between these guns and real guns. So, they tend to assume the guns are real (better safe than sorry).

toy gun one is strange as it only applies to sales of toy / replica guns to under 18s any one over that age can have one if they so wish

Ignitionnet
31-03-2009, 19:05
It's as if they're watching us to make sure we don't get to them. and they're wanting us to watch ourselves and report those to stop them from getting to them
:) :spin::spin:

Fair point, if Wacky Jacqui keeps on at us all with this nonsense despite having no criminal record and no terrorist inclinations I'll be handing myself in for looking at a tube station the wrong way as I go past it.

Halcyon
31-03-2009, 19:36
I saw one of these posters today. It showed someones bin outside filled with chemicals and how we should report such things to prevent bombs.

Now it's all good that we are being more vigilant but does that mean our government arent good enough?.

rogerdraig
31-03-2009, 21:01
i would worry about people dressed in these at the moment that any one else

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090331/tuk-police-recover-huge-stash-of-stolen-45dbed5.html

;)

they could likely get in anywhere with anything