PDA

View Full Version : V+ installation issues

Wolfsbayne
26-03-2009, 14:02
Had an engineer round this morning to change old box for a new V+. He rang to get the service activated but was told there were no 'hits'. He then promptly told me that it should download in 24 minutes and then told me what to do to change it over to HD. Fine, I thought, simple enough.

2 hours later nothing had changed so I rang VM and the first person I spoke to told me the service hadn't been activated and he passed me on to the relevant department. The lady there spoke to the installation team who told her there was a problem and that someone would ring me this afternoon and the engineer would definitely return by tonight to get it sorted. As I had to leave the house for a while I asked if I could turn my tv off (dont really want a fire!) and she said yes (the box was left on though).

I returned, turned the tv on and it says 'powering up - just a moment' but its said that for 2 hours now! I know someone should be coming to sort this (although with my past experience with VM Im not holding out) but im wondering if there is anything else I could possibly try in the meantime? There probably isn't but its worth asking.

jungleguy
26-03-2009, 16:46
I know installers have been given new PDA to active services. There may be an issue with the new system introduced.

chickendippers
27-03-2009, 10:18
Ooh, will that free up more phone lines for customers?