PDA

View Full Version : 2002 BMW 325i Problems

liamboyle06
26-03-2009, 10:20
Hi All

Am buying a car shortly, and noticed this 2002 BMW 325i for sale.
I am going for a test drive in it Sunday, but after googling, can not find if there are any known problems or issues. it has relatively low mileage 58k, so is that something to be concerned about?
it has BMW service history up until 3 years ago, but says it was still serviced regularly.
From the images it looks in good knick, but can never really tell from them.

So is there anything i should know before i go to test.

Liam

Russ
26-03-2009, 10:24
This any good?

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=35

Also don't forget that as a BMW driver you will no longer have any use for indicators, you will be legally obliged to drive no more than 3 feet from people's bumpers and you have exclusive use of the outside lane on motorways...

superbiatch
26-03-2009, 10:34
How about checking that there is no finance outstanding or that its never been stolen? I think you can do this by text now for a small fee.

tweetypie/8
26-03-2009, 10:43
How about checking that there is no finance outstanding or that its never been stolen? I think you can do this by text now for a small fee.

well spotted.

Derek
26-03-2009, 12:04
Check the VIN number on the dash matches the logbook and doesn't look out of line or tampered with.

If you get a chance match it with the one stamped on the panel on the left hand side of the engine bay to ensure its not been cloned.

liamboyle06
26-03-2009, 18:35
thanks all for your tips
interesting reading fromthe link http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=35

liamboyle06
30-03-2009, 21:59
loved the drive in the car, really felt good, only 1 problem stands in the way of buying it, the wife to be is too short to clutch in properly. she is just under 5 foot in height and with the seat fully pulled forward and heightened up, still she can not push if fully about 2" short.
Is there any extenders or something you can get for all pedals?
BMW said they were unable to move the pedals at all.

Dai
30-03-2009, 22:50
A special pair of platform shoes for driving?

;)