PDA

View Full Version : Mothers day

iFrankie
21-03-2009, 21:27
so whats everyone got there mums for mothers day tomoz, iv got her a couple of piggins she asks for them every year lol.

Charlie_Bubble
21-03-2009, 21:30
No idea what a piggin is. I just got my mum a card from myself & Mrs and a crad from my daughter. Also got my Mrs a card from our daughter.

dilli-theclaw
21-03-2009, 21:30
Peter got his mum some fitness dvd and a rubiks cube.

iFrankie
21-03-2009, 21:33
No idea what a piggin is. I just got my mum a card from myself & Mrs and a crad from my daughter. Also got my Mrs a card from our daughter.

these are piggins http://www.lordcollectables.co.uk/Piggins.htm

i got her 'Piggin Best Mum' and ' Piggin Bloomin Marvellous' cute little thing aint they lol

lauzjp
21-03-2009, 21:38
I gave my mum some money, and mum in law got a top, a next voucher (was a freebie, she knows that!), and a me to you ornament. :angel:

Russ
21-03-2009, 21:41
It's Mother's Day tomorrow??? :eek:

dilli-theclaw
21-03-2009, 21:42
Oh yes indeed. I shall go put some flowers on my mums grave. But as above - I'm happy Peter can make his mum happy :)

fireman328
21-03-2009, 22:23
so whats everyone got there mums for mothers day tomoz, iv got her a couple of piggins she asks for them every year lol.

I had just set off to the pigeon loft when I realised ...............

The Hitman
21-03-2009, 22:30
A get well card ;)

LemonyBrainAid
21-03-2009, 22:35
Card & 40 roses. :)

Fingy
21-03-2009, 22:49
Card, vouchers and some her her favourite sweeties and biccies.

WHISTLED
21-03-2009, 23:18
A card.... Lucky to get that too

zing_deleted
21-03-2009, 23:26
nothing

lauzjp
22-03-2009, 04:05
we've got some flowers in the papershop in the morning, for those who completely forgot. :nono: Anton was contemplating sitting outside with a little stall... :LOL:

Kymmy
22-03-2009, 08:00
My mothers 150+ miles away so unfortunately will just get a phone call from me...but she is near my brother so at least will get a meal surrounded by her grandchildren and even great grand children...

Here though we're doing a nice meal for Jen's mother followed by a nice walk out with the dogs amongst the hills/fields

Saaf_laandon_mo
22-03-2009, 08:10
I was supposed to be cooking a smart lamb with all the trimmings for both my missus and my mum, but have been in hospital since thursday night, so for mothers day my wife will be getting a moan lol

Tinky
22-03-2009, 08:12
Got two beautiful bouquets of flowers from youngest son, and received a gorgeous tub of mixed flowers from daughter. Expect eldest son will arrive later today, with some of the grandchildren in tow, hopefully. Happy Mother's day to all the Mums out there!

joglynne
22-03-2009, 08:44
Having spent all last week working in Scotland and due to set up an office in Germany next week, an emergency has meant my son has had to spend the weekend working in London. This will be the first Mother's Day in 28 years that he hasn't been able to spend any time with me. :(

I was feeling a bit depressed until his friends came round last night with a card, flowers, chocolates and a big bottle of Tia Maria from him. :D

As Tinky says Happy Mother's day to all the Mums out there!

Maggy
22-03-2009, 12:01
Bah!

Got nagged too death to sort out flowers for HIS mother online.

What do I get..I get to cook my own Sunday lunch,a phone call from eldest born to apologise for forgetting,nothing from youngest born(despite me paying for his day out in the week) and Sweet FA from HIM.

So I'm NOT sharing the chocolates that I bought myself because past experience has taught me sweet FA was all I should expect..

I really can't believe I've been that unnatural a parent. :(

Hugh
22-03-2009, 13:26
My wife had breakfast in bed from me (warm croissants and freshly brewed coffee), with a card, some chocolates, a book, and DVD and a couple of bunches of flowers from the dog and fish (not really, but since she is their surrogate mother, I have to be the surrogate father and buy the prezzies for them ;) ), then my son got up about noon and gave her a card (my daughter had already sent one from Uni).

My daughter will be bringing back a joint present from her and her brother, a recent family photo transferred on to canvas, in early April.

Now to cook Sunday dinner for me, my son, my wife, and my mum-in-law, then wash up.

moaningmags
22-03-2009, 13:40
I have 3 teenage daughters and an 11 yr old daughter.

3 teenage daughters claim to be skint, 11 yr old got me a beautiful card and a wee mum ornament to go with all the other ornaments she's bought me. Oh and I'm cooking sunday dinner.

Peter_
22-03-2009, 13:55
I have 3 teenage daughters and an 11 yr old daughter.

3 teenage daughters claim to be skint, 11 yr old got me a beautiful card and a wee mum ornament to go with all the other ornaments she's bought me. Oh and I'm cooking sunday dinner.
I bet the 3 teenagers have all bought some clothes recently. http://smileyshut.com/smileys/new/Others/others-250.gif (http://smileyshut.com)

Hom3r
22-03-2009, 13:56
My mum tells me and my sister NOT to by flowers as the cost is taking the mick.

moaningmags
22-03-2009, 14:03
I hate flowers, probably more to do with my phobia with wasps rather than the flowers themselves.

Dunno about clothes but they better off than I am.

Peter_
22-03-2009, 14:09
I hate flowers, probably more to do with my phobia with wasps rather than the flowers themselves.

Dunno about clothes but they better off than I am.

All my daughter does is buy clothes, but she did get pressies for SWMBO.

Halcyon
22-03-2009, 14:30
Box of M&S Chocolates and I'm cooking a meal tonight.

superbiatch
22-03-2009, 14:46
I've just spent a few hours with mum and took her some carnations and a bottle of her fave tipple. We gassed about all and sundry, put the world to rights and had a few brews whilst nattering. The simple things make all the difference sometimes - not done that in ages :rolleyes:

CycoSymz
22-03-2009, 16:12
A card and a nice bottle of wine for my mum.

Druchii
22-03-2009, 16:37
I forgot. They don't celebrate it on the same day here :(

lauzjp
22-03-2009, 21:12
My mum tells me and my sister NOT to by flowers as the cost is taking the mick.

this is true, we had bunches at £3.99 :angel:

I bought myself some! :rolleyes:

Callumpy
22-03-2009, 22:12
went to a pub for dinner.

iFrankie
22-03-2009, 22:19
Got two beautiful bouquets of flowers from youngest son, and received a gorgeous tub of mixed flowers from daughter. Expect eldest son will arrive later today, with some of the grandchildren in tow, hopefully. Happy Mother's day to all the Mums out there!

gorgeous flowers!

xpod
22-03-2009, 22:32
Our 2 oldest girls(11 & 13) bought their mum one of the biggest cards i`ve ever seen,as well as a new mug and some other bit`s n bob`s.
Our younger two(3 & 7) made her enough cards to last umpteen Mothers Days.

My lad tidied the garden for her,but then he did have ulterior motives,as ever.
I did the dinner but then that`s nothing new.
Roll on fathers day i say.

moaningmags
22-03-2009, 22:34
Our 2 oldest girls(11 & 13) bought their mum one of the biggest cards i`ve ever seen,as well as a new mug and some other bit`s n bob`s.
Our younger two(3 & 7) made her enough cards to last umpteen Mothers Days.

My lad tidied the garden for her,but then he did have ulterior motives,as ever.
I did the dinner but then that`s nothing new.
Roll on fathers day i say.

I've kept all the Mother's Day cards the kids have made over the years.
At 18 and 16 they aren't into making them so much anymore :(

xpod
22-03-2009, 22:43
I've kept all the Mother's Day cards the kids have made over the years.
At 18 and 16 they aren't into making them so much anymore

Our wee ones dont need excuses to make cards n kiddie art.There`s a steady stream o the stuff no matter what day it is.

Cant recall the last time the older ones made anything though,other than a racket.Their all experts at that mind you.:dozey:

D_Skids
22-03-2009, 22:52
Got my mum (and me) a ticket to see Derren Brown live in May. Also got her some flowers and a card and took her out for lunch yesterday as I was out all day today. Plus both me and mum agree that going out for a meal on mothers day is a complete rip off as they increase their prices for the day and you have to wait for ages to get served because everybody is taking their mums out