PDA

View Full Version : Crush at work

Halcyon
20-03-2009, 21:41
Hello!

So here is this weeks topical question..... Has anyone got or had a crush at work and have you done anthing about it ?

Does it affect your life ?

You know what I mean..... You now look forward to going to work. You now spend more time in one department and make excuses to go down there.
You pretend the job takes twice as long just to spend time with someone.

And deep in your heart you know that you are at work, that you shouldnt be thinking this way and you know they may not have feelings for you, but you still can't help but go see them and look forward to seeing them at work.

I'm in a situation liket that at the moment. There is one girl I always go and see and will go out of my way to go down to her department to see her.
I'll put off one job to do her job instead. It's strange.
It helps that I'm not married and not already tied to a relationship at the moment but it is always daunting.

Do you tell them, risk a friendship, keep on working with them everyday and know it could get tricky if you fall out.

What are everyones experiences ?

lucy7
20-03-2009, 21:43
Just ask her out man!!

Take the bull by the horns!

She will know you fancy her anyway, and so will everyone else, so just do it!

zing_deleted
20-03-2009, 22:05
I lost my cherry with an older woman I worked with I was very grateful I was 18 and thought I was gonna die a virgin lol

LondonRoad
20-03-2009, 22:06
I asked my crush at work out. She was a bit taken aback but with some, out of character persistance, she agreed to go out for a meal.

That was 8 years ago and 2 kids and 1 marriage later suggests it went OK. It was the best thing I ever did plucking up the courage to ask she who must be obeyed out. I've since reverted to my usual yellow streak down the back characteristic. ;)

My concern at the time was losing a valued friend because I enjoyed her company. It couldn't have worked out better for me.

WHISTLED
20-03-2009, 22:14
Been out with loads of girls from work, some colleagues some staff... Only once caused problem.

You only tell them if you think its mutual, easily find out while your chatting say your going for a beer at lunch and do they fancy it..

fireman328
20-03-2009, 22:16
Bromide will soon make it go away

Halcyon
20-03-2009, 22:17
I lost my cherry with an older woman I worked with I was very grateful I was 18 and thought I was gonna die a virgin lol

LOL Sounds like it must have been a top night.

Just ask her out man!!

Take the bull by the horns!

She will know you fancy her anyway, and so will everyone else, so just do it!

Yep I think she knows. Others know I spend time going to see her. It's crazy. She's so hot as well. Ahhhhhhh, I think she only wants to be friends though so it is so fustrating. I love joking around with her. She's so much fun.

lucy7
20-03-2009, 22:21
I ended up marrying the guy I worked for too.
He saw me as a challenge, and won me round!

We may be scaring you now.......best to take Firemans advice!

Halcyon
20-03-2009, 22:29
Sounds good Lucy. You seem a happy lady so it seems it can work out.

Bromide will soon make it go away

Noted. Will buy some tomorrow. lol

Been out with loads of girls from work, some colleagues some staff... Only once caused problem.

You only tell them if you think its mutual, easily find out while your chatting say your going for a beer at lunch and do they fancy it..

Yes, and with women it is so hard to read signs.
Still we only live once don't we. So you have to chance it.

DRZ400
20-03-2009, 22:29
I dated every girl on my floor at work apart from the ugly one. :cool:

Halcyon
20-03-2009, 22:35
lol

There is more to love than looks Mr DRZ400.

I'm sure Mr LoveMonkey has had a few tales at work. Where is he these days.

I need to stop drinking and stop thinking about this girl! Agggh!

Hom3r
20-03-2009, 22:39
I fancy a woman where I work, but don't have the bottle to ask her out, she is a friend in facebook. She is on a scale of 1 to 10, a 30.

She says hi everytime we pass, but then agian she does this to everyone.

superbiatch
20-03-2009, 22:48
Mine isn't such a good story, but we became friends when he was coming to the end of his 10 year relationship and I had just split up with th e ex-hubs about 6 years ago. It was easy to see there was an attraction, but we were both carrying so much baggage.

Anyway, we dated and after a little while at a mutual friends wedding it all came to an abrupt end. We went our separate ways for a little while but realised we missed each other. Anyway, we became friends again and eventually ended up sharing a house together. This was not such a good idea because occasionally we crossed the line and then we'd have HUGE arguments when things looked like settling into a 'relationship' again.

I decided to get out and buy my own place and he got his own also and we stayed friends for a while. We seem to have a happy medium now
where we spend time together and either of us stays at the others' house mainly at weekends. We go on holidays, concerts, go the zoo - all fun things and very rarely disagree. We don't really see each other through the week due to work commitments. I think the problem for both of us is commitment after getting out of such long term relationships - so there is my story.

I stand by what the others say though, you'll never know otherwise and will always regret it. That said, i'm pretty happy with how things are now - just not sure if its enough to keep me happy long term.

Halcyon
20-03-2009, 23:03
I fancy a woman where I work, but don't have the bottle to ask her out, she is a friend in facebook. She is on a scale of 1 to 10, a 30.

She says hi everytime we pass, but then agian she does this to everyone.

Yeah women can be like that I think. She's on my facebook too and likes when I come give her things or help her out, compliment her, but sometimes doesnt respond to hints which makes me wonder if she is maybe not too interested and prefers friendship.
She dresses really sexy too. Cant stop glancing over when I pass her. It must be so obvious but I just cant help it.

lucy7
20-03-2009, 23:10
Those women who say hi to everyone who pass them by........shame on them!

:);)

lauzjp
21-03-2009, 05:22
when I used to work at a major supermarket there was a guy I used to really like, and we were very touchy feely - even on the shopfloor! Despite the fact his girlfriend (now wife I believe) could walk in at any moment.

being an anti-social person though I never got the chance to make a tit of myself at any drunken nights out, which is probably just as well, else I might not be married to Anton now! :p:

I used to go to gigs a lot, sometimes staying in the same hotels *cough* nothing ever happened like that, honest, (ok, once) though once one of my major crushes said to me 'I do like you you know' which took me so by surprise it really freaked me out and I ran away! blew my chances there big time.

I don't know if I ever told Anton that, he already hates the singer of same band, :LOL:

peanut
21-03-2009, 05:49
I too married the woman I worked with, we got on well from the 1st day I started, became good friends over a couple of years, managed to get the courage and the rest is history as they say. :D

tweetypie/8
21-03-2009, 06:21

glad you made it zing,my god what a way to die.;)

Raistlin
21-03-2009, 10:34
I'm engaged to my 'crush' from work :)

Halcyon
21-03-2009, 15:32
Sounds like some success stories. We only live once so I'm thinking I should just go for it.
Now is asking her to go for a meal too much or is that OK?

It's good it is the weekend. I need time t think this through.

Raistlin
21-03-2009, 15:35
Perhaps just take her out for a coffee one lunch time or something, or maybe a drink one evening?

I'd save dinner for a different time.

Dinner's great, but it ties the two of you together in a small space for the length of the meal. At least a coffee is short (half hour at most) and a series of drinks is only as long as however many drinks you decide you want to have together.

With those two if you decide that it's not working the way you thought it would, if you've nothing to say to each other, of if you're just not getting on, you don't have to stay together once the drink is done with.

dilli-theclaw
21-03-2009, 15:36
HHHmmm I had a crush on someone at work. I married her too.

That was pretty much the worst thing I've ever done. BUT I do have a lovely son now so it wasn't all bad :)

Maggy
21-03-2009, 15:50
Hello!

So here is this weeks topical question..... Has anyone got or had a crush at work and have you done anthing about it ?

Does it affect your life ?

You know what I mean..... You now look forward to going to work. You now spend more time in one department and make excuses to go down there.
You pretend the job takes twice as long just to spend time with someone.

And deep in your heart you know that you are at work, that you shouldnt be thinking this way and you know they may not have feelings for you, but you still can't help but go see them and look forward to seeing them at work.

I'm in a situation liket that at the moment. There is one girl I always go and see and will go out of my way to go down to her department to see her.
I'll put off one job to do her job instead. It's strange.
It helps that I'm not married and not already tied to a relationship at the moment but it is always daunting.

Do you tell them, risk a friendship, keep on working with them everyday and know it could get tricky if you fall out.

What are everyones experiences ?

Just ask her out to the cinema or for a drink..nothing heavy and see where it goes from there.

Nice to think that you are getting over your last girlfriend but remember rebound romances don't always work out.Be extra cautious.;)

Halcyon
21-03-2009, 15:54
Thanks Incog. I know what you mean. I just want to see where it goes. Don't want to rush anything too quickly, just see where things go. It's been a strange past few months of constant breaking feelings so it's time for a fresh start.

Thanks for everyones replies :tu:

idi banashapan
21-03-2009, 16:23
I dated every girl on my floor at work apart from the ugly one. :cool:

and the common denominator in the failure of all of those???.. you. oh.

lucy7
21-03-2009, 17:13
Perhaps just take her out for a coffee one lunch time or something, or maybe a drink one evening?

I'd save dinner for a different time.

Dinner's great, but it ties the two of you together in a small space for the length of the meal. At least a coffee is short (half hour at most) and a series of drinks is only as long as however many drinks you decide you want to have together.

With those two if you decide that it's not working the way you thought it would, if you've nothing to say to each other, of if you're just not getting on, you don't have to stay together once the drink is done with.

From a womans point of view, I would say take her out for a meal, shows you are really interested. Its a more relaxed envioment than a bar.
You spend time choosing food, looking at menus, a chance to talk about food if nothing else pops in to your mind!!

Aother great first time date is bowling, if shes a fun girl and you are a fun guy, its always a laugh, unless your competitive streak comes out that is!:)

WHISTLED
21-03-2009, 22:19
Its soooooooo much easier to start by emailing.

Halcyon
22-03-2009, 14:36
I have mixed views on e-mailing. OK Yes it gets you communicating but this can often lead to a difference in things. By that I mean you can have flirty messages by e-mail but then a completly normal conversation in real life.
I know it can be a way to get to talkto her but I don't think asking someone out by email may work with all girls.

superbiatch
22-03-2009, 14:40
I have mixed views on e-mailing. OK Yes it gets you communicating but this can often lead to a difference in things. By that I mean you can have flirty messages by e-mail but then a completly normal conversation in real life.
I know it can be a way to get to talkto her but I don't think asking someone out by email may work with all girls.

Without offending anyone, how old is this girl? Its just that girls of a certain age are used to communicating by facebook, email, text etc and it might just work.

Also, it could save any embarassment for you should she say no. I think you've gotta take the bull by the horns so to speak and ask this girl out sooner rather than later, as someone else might come along in the meantime. And there's nothing worse than having regrets ;)

Halcyon
22-03-2009, 15:06
She's 32.

lucy7
22-03-2009, 15:16
She's 32.

Oooh.....a woman then!

What about arranging a staff night out, and then make your move on her!!

I have lots more cunning plans up my sleeve if you want, my kids (adults!) are telling me them!!

Halcyon
22-03-2009, 15:30
LOL

Done the staff night out... Bought her some Champagne though it's always hard to get time alone when with so many people.

I have a funny feeling all this is going to go wrong as I think she might want to only be friends. If only I could see into women's minds.

superbiatch
22-03-2009, 15:34
I have a funny feeling all this is going to go wrong as I think she might want to only be friends. If only I could see into women's minds.

Can you put your finger on what makes you think that - give us girlies something to go from and maybe we can help. NEVER try to work out a woman's mind, often its hard enough for us to understand the things we say/do :D

TheNorm
22-03-2009, 15:54
... NEVER try to work out a woman's mind...

Best advice I've heard in a long time!

zing_deleted
22-03-2009, 15:56
LOL

Done the staff night out... Bought her some Champagne though it's always hard to get time alone when with so many people.

easy way to find out . Just tell her you fancy her and see what she does or you could say " I think you have a cracking arse" ;)

lucy7
22-03-2009, 15:59
Can you put your finger on what makes you think that - give us girlies something to go from and maybe we can help. NEVER try to work out a woman's mind, often its hard enough for us to understand the things we say/do :D

So right biatch!!!:)

zing_deleted
22-03-2009, 16:01

specially if your blonde lol

lucy7
22-03-2009, 16:06
specially if your blonde lol

Watch it matey, us blondes will gang up on you!;)

zing_deleted
22-03-2009, 16:08
dont waste your time threatening me just do me ;) :D

Raistlin
22-03-2009, 16:21
dont waste your time threatening me just do me ;) :D

In your dreams :D :D

Halcyon
22-03-2009, 16:44

Good points:

- She is always in a smiley happy mood.
- She asks me to do jobs for her.
- She doesnt mind me coming to talk to her.
- She's on my facebook page.
- We have things in common.
- We've shared chocolate together.
- She knows I like her.

Bad points:

- I go to see her, She doesnt come to see me. Although this could be becuase I'm never in the same place at work.
- She never gives clear signals. If she knows I like her she is not doing anything about it.
- We sometimes cross eyes passing and I don't know what she's thinking.

The Hitman
22-03-2009, 16:53
In your dreams :D :D

Swing both ways ;):D

superbiatch
22-03-2009, 16:58
Right ok, i've been that girl you're talking about and been accused of giving out mixed signals so I think you need to come clear now. The good points far outweigh the bad ones so go for it. You never know, she might be an old fashioned gal who would never ask a man out ;)

EDIT: for the record I am brunette :p

Raistlin
22-03-2009, 17:00
That must be a lie, there's no brunettes in Liverpool :D

superbiatch
22-03-2009, 17:03
That must be a lie, there's no brunettes in Liverpool :D

I am the exception ;)

Gary L
22-03-2009, 17:09
Best advice I can give is to buy her loads of stuff like drinks, chocolate and whatever. then at the end of the night tell her that she owes you know. any real woman would know that anyway :)

I've never had to resort to that as it's them that want to buy me everything. anyone would think they were trying to buy me :)

moaningmags
22-03-2009, 17:11
Best advice I can give is to buy her loads of stuff like drinks, chocolate and whatever. then at the end of the night tell her that she owes you know. any real woman would know that anyway :)

I hope you're single and no woman was stupid enough to take you if that's how you think.

xpod
22-03-2009, 17:44
I thought this thread was gonna be about compensation advise.
It could still end up that way i suppose:)

Gary L
22-03-2009, 18:13
I hope you're single and no woman was stupid enough to take you if that's how you think.

You're my mates sister. she hasn't got a sense of humour either :D
She was a good moaner too.

Hugh
22-03-2009, 18:21
You probably get that a lot from girls.... ;)

Mr_Moo
22-03-2009, 18:50
lol

There is more to love than looks Mr DRZ400.

Only ugly people say that.

moaningmags
22-03-2009, 18:50

I'm surprised you have mates :p:

LondonRoad
22-03-2009, 19:31
Ask her out for lunch as a means to getting her alone to talk to her. A simple request to take the lady out to lunch to chat is probably easier for you and her.

She may well be wondering why you haven't asked her out yet so to asking her out now may get her flustered and catch her off gaurd.... whereas a lunch is a chance to communicate without interruption.

Over lunch tell her you actually wanted to ask her out but wasn't sure how she'd react. Tell her if she wants to just be friends, that's fine but if she'd like a night out to see how you get on with each other outwith the work situation that'd be even better.

Be honest with her and remind yourself that you have got a lot to offer.

As Tennyson said. Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

As ABBA said. Take a chance:) Good luck and keep us posted.

Chris
22-03-2009, 20:51
Good points:

- She is always in a smiley happy mood.
- She asks me to do jobs for her.
- She doesnt mind me coming to talk to her.
- She's on my facebook page.
- We have things in common.
- We've shared chocolate together.
- She knows I like her.

Bad points:

- I go to see her, She doesnt come to see me. Although this could be becuase I'm never in the same place at work.
- She never gives clear signals. If she knows I like her she is not doing anything about it.
- We sometimes cross eyes passing and I don't know what she's thinking.

... from which I would conclude that she enjoys your attentions but isn't interested in taking things any further. Sorry ...

Mr_love_monkey
22-03-2009, 22:30
At my first workplace there were 2 young women - I had crushes on both of them (different times of course) - I went out with one of them for the best part of a year, and married the other one...

so be careful of what you start :)

Halcyon
05-04-2009, 14:57
Well I thought it was time to give an update on this situation......

I put off asking her for a few weeks as I was really busy at work but finally did on Thursday and she wants to go out for a drink next week.
No idea how things will turn out but even if we end up being just friends I'm happy.
After the last few depressing months, I feel like this is a breath off fresh air!

If you are in the same situation as me, go for it!

lauzjp
05-04-2009, 15:27
:tu: be good ;)

superbiatch
05-04-2009, 15:37
Well I thought it was time to give an update on this situation......

I put off asking her for a few weeks as I was really busy at work but finally did on Thursday and she wants to go out for a drink next week.
No idea how things will turn out but even if we end up being just friends I'm happy.
After the last few depressing months, I feel like this is a breath off fresh air!

If you are in the same situation as me, go for it!

Great news, have a wonderful time :)

(SB starts dusting off the hat :D)

zing_deleted
05-04-2009, 15:51
:tu: be good ;)

and if you cant be good be careful lol

Hugh
05-04-2009, 16:24
and if you cant be good be careful lol
And if you can't be careful, make sure you get a DNA test..... ;)

LondonRoad
05-04-2009, 16:38
Well done. Your attitude is spot on. I hope is all goes well.

Halcyon
05-04-2009, 16:39
And if you can't be careful, make sure you get a DNA test..... ;)

Thanks for the erm... tips. lol

I will be meeting her with a wireless webcam strapped to my head and a hidden microphone so you can all follow the action live on the forums. ;)

Seriously though, I'll give you all an update later in the week.
Now I need to go buy some new clothes I think.

Thanks for everyones advice. :tu: If you are in the same situation as me, then go for it. As others have said its better to know than never know what your life could become.

fireman328
05-04-2009, 17:00
Dont go, its a trap !!!!! LOL

Julian
05-04-2009, 18:44
Good luck on your date.

Don't forget the dental floss to get rid of unwanted hair. ;) :)

Chris
05-04-2009, 20:07
Dont go, its a trap !!!!! LOL

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/04/67.jpg

:D

Nugget
06-04-2009, 16:14
http://www.katurday.com/wp-content/uploads/katurdaycom_marriagetrap.jpg

:D

Ah, good old Admiral Ackbar - you'll be fine knowing that he's got your back :D

Halcyon
08-04-2009, 19:15
1. She said Yes she's like to go for a date. I said I'd Email her details.

2. I sent her the email Monday.

3. No reply as yet.

:(

Hugh
08-04-2009, 19:28
Is she on holiday? (it being Easter).

Gary L
08-04-2009, 19:34
Is she on holiday? (it being Easter).

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/04/30.gif

:)

Hugh
08-04-2009, 19:40
Gary, you're being a bigger Richard than usual - give it up, please?

Gary L
08-04-2009, 19:43
Gary, you're being a bigger Richard than usual - give it up, please?

Who's Richard?

Halcyon
08-04-2009, 20:01
She said she was going away next week but with only an email to contact her on, I have nothing.
She's not updated her facebook either.

Think I'l give her until tonight as frankly I'm sick of women playing with my mind and then letting everything go from great to nothing just out of the blue.

lucy7
08-04-2009, 20:14
She said she was going away next week but with only an email to contact her on, I have nothing. ;)
She's not updated her facebook either.

Think I'l give her until tonight as frankly I'm sick of women playing with my mind and then letting everything go from great to nothing just out of the blue.

Best to move on then....

Join a gym or a religious organization, plenty of fine fillies in both !!!

(Sorry! ) Get back out with your mates and have a good laugh with them. :)

MadGamer
08-04-2009, 20:19
Who's Richard? he or she means dick, its another name for Richard :)

Halcyon
08-04-2009, 20:21
Never give up, Never surrender!

I am not giving up just as yet. I'l see what she says as if she is noit messing me around, she is worth waiting for.

It's just fustrating lol.

Gary L
08-04-2009, 20:25
he or she means dick, its another name for Richard :)

Oh, thanks.
I dread to think what name he would use if I was a woman :)

fireman328
08-04-2009, 20:27
What a quitter, have you not heard the saying faint heart never won fair lady

Wayfair
08-04-2009, 20:41
If she hasn't replied to your email or updated her facebook I would hazard a good guess she hasn't accessed her personal interwebclickthingy as of yet.

When the facebook gets updated and you still get no reply then you can be a tad concerned and goto plan B.

Halcyon
08-04-2009, 20:43
Ahhhhhh, When will people realise that these days people SHOULD check their email once a minute.

Julian
08-04-2009, 20:47
he or she means dick, its another name for Richard :)

Or even rhyming - Richard the Third?

Paul
08-04-2009, 21:15
Lets stick to the topic shall we :)

Halcyon
08-04-2009, 22:30
What a quitter, have you not heard the saying faint heart never won fair lady

I'm not quitting. I'm even more determined!

It's just fustrating having to wait and wait to make things happen.

superbiatch
08-04-2009, 22:35
I think she's not been in contact with anyone, going by what you said about her facebook. Give the girl sometime, she may be nervous also ;)

I'd like to think that if she didn't have any feelings at all for you, she'd let you know (i had to do his recently). Its not nice, but at least you know where you stand :)

Halcyon
08-04-2009, 23:04
Yeah I would hope so. She's a nice girl so I would hope she wouldnt string people along.

Caspar
08-04-2009, 23:22
... from which I would conclude that she enjoys your attentions but isn't interested in taking things any further. Sorry ...

I'd agree, some might also conclude that she may see you as someone in a postion of power...and like to have your attention. Are you in IT, fixing stuff on her PC?

def dont engage in email and always reply ages after, but not too long...dont appear easy or desperate. email can easily offer false hope. maybe that's what she's doing now.

if she updates her facebook and not email you the same night, you're ****ed! unfortunetly for you I don't mean her. In that incase, hack into her PC in work and delete random work files...and rows/cells out of ramdom XLS files ;) Then get her sacked so you dont have see her mug everyday! scratch her car, if she drives ;) -stick some nails under her tyres or maybe some itching powder on her work chair, hopefully it's fabric chair.

oh, I was asked out by a fellow worker.... we're celebrating our 15th year together this year! I think most people meet their spouse in work, or in a geeky club of some kind...so all this is natural.

One tip for you and others in your situation - just don't **** the office whore, you might catch AIDS!

xocemp
08-04-2009, 23:32
wow, I really don't know what to say to that except, I hope Halcyon has the good sense to ignore any advice in that post.

homealone
08-04-2009, 23:53
wow, I really don't know what to say to that except, I hope Halcyon has the good sense to ignore any advice in that post.

Well, not all of it, the last sentence is fairly relevant ;)

Halcyon, mate, in my opinion just chill a little, que sera, sera & being pushy may push things the wrong way - I do wish you both all the best, though :)

Gary L
08-04-2009, 23:55

He's probably got the sense to see that it was humour.
But he does need to get her back though :D :)

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 00:38
You mean me going down the local garage tonight to buy some nails, a can of petrol and deleting her photos off her Pc and replacing them with LOL Cat pics was a bad idea ?

;)

Nope, not going for that approach just as yet, or possibly ever.

I'm going to try and chill. I did mention originally to her "some time in the holidays" so didnt make it clear but hoped it would be this week as I think she is off to visit her sister next week.
We'l see how it goes. Love is strange. You can't sto thinking about the person, however hard you try.

Time to chill out, and get some sleep I think.

Gary L
09-04-2009, 00:41
Love is strange. You can't sto thinking about the person, however hard you try.

I've stopped thinking about Superbiatch already, so it is possible :)

moaningmags
09-04-2009, 00:43
I've stopped thinking about Superbiatch already, so it is possible :)

Aaah but you have the attention span of a goldfish :D:p:

Hugh
09-04-2009, 09:15
Aaah but you have the attention span of a goldfish :D:p:
That has Alzheimers, ADHD, and hasn't renewed its Ritalin prescription..:D :) ;)

Caspar
09-04-2009, 10:05
You mean me going down the local garage tonight to buy some nails, a can of petrol and deleting her photos off her Pc and replacing them with LOL Cat pics was a bad idea ?

;)

Nope, not going for that approach just as yet, or possibly ever.

I'm going to try and chill. I did mention originally to her "some time in the holidays" so didnt make it clear but hoped it would be this week as I think she is off to visit her sister next week.
We'l see how it goes. Love is strange. You can't sto thinking about the person, however hard you try.

Time to chill out, and get some sleep I think.

Oh no people we have a bleeder! .... he used the LOVE word! I think you're still in the attraction stage...or possible even stalking stage!

I recommend going out on the town and getting laid, quick! (you know my advice, use a condom! freaking **** out there ;) )

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 10:40
LOL It's OK, I'm not that desperate.

The word LOVE was to describe the whole thing. I know it isnt love as yet. At the moment it is attraction and that feeling where you just want to be with that person because they make you feel so happy.

Time to just wait and see where things go.

superbiatch
09-04-2009, 11:16

The word LOVE was to describe the whole thing. I know it isnt love as yet. At the moment it is attraction and that feeling where you just want to be with that person because they make you feel so happy.

Time to just wait and see where things go.

And after attraction comes LUST - my fave bit :romance:

Gary L
09-04-2009, 11:30

It's called lust :)

Oh, someone already said it :D

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Then you start taking it all for granted, and get fed up of the sight of each other eventually :)

Julian
09-04-2009, 11:33

You missed out the bit involving the photocopier. ;)

superbiatch
09-04-2009, 11:35
Then you start taking it all for granted, and get fed up of the sight of each other eventually :)

To me lust is all about looking forward to seeing each other, waiting for the phone to ring, doing outrageous/spontaneous stuff together and having a great time with lots of s£x! Unfortunately its the bit that follows I struggle with beginning with L :erm:

Mr Gary L - you are such a cynic! Let your hair down and have some fun :D

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

You missed out the bit involving the photocopier. ;)

Read my next post - outrageous and spontaneous easily cover this an a multitude of other things ;)

Gary L
09-04-2009, 11:42
To me lust is all about looking forward to seeing each other, waiting for the phone to ring, doing outrageous/spontaneous stuff together and having a great time with lots of s£x! Unfortunately its the bit that follows I struggle with beginning with L :erm:

Mr Gary L - you are such a cynic! Let your hair down and have some fun :D

Ok, when can we start?
how far through the lust one till the love stage comes, are you? ;)

superbiatch
09-04-2009, 11:49
Ok, when can we start?
how far through the lust one till the love stage comes, are you? ;)

Unfortunately I don't play the game ;)

Gary L
09-04-2009, 11:55
Unfortunately I don't play the game ;)

You know the saying.
you'll miss what you never had :)

superbiatch
09-04-2009, 11:57
You know the saying.
you'll miss what you never had :)

I've had it, but my life has taken a confusing turn in these last few years, if you read back a few pages - you'll see why.

Sorry for taking a bit off topic Halycon - any news today?

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 12:12
Yes - The news is she can't make it this Friday. She mailed me.

Which means I have been looking forward to this and now as everything else in my life I get my hopes up for nothing.

Right now I'm emailing her and just going to be straight with it, tell her my feelings and that's it.
Then she will know and it's up to her.

I've had it with women! Complete nutters!

[Apart from the CF women ofcourse, I like you all]

joglynne
09-04-2009, 12:17

Which means I have been looking forward to this and now as everything else in my life I get my hopes up for nothing.

Right now I'm emailing her and just going to be straight with it, tell her my feelings and that's it.

[Apart from the CF women ofcourse, I like you all)

Nice save there Halcyon. :D

Don't give up on her yet, she may be feeling just as confused as you do. It's not easy having an office relationship and she may just be wary of actually taking the first step.

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 12:22
Well I don't like being in this situation but the Email I'm going to send basically gives her the option to reply back and say: "I only want to be friends", or "Actually Yes, I'd still like to meet up and see where things go".

Hugh
09-04-2009, 12:25

[Apart from the CF women ofcourse, I like you all]
H

that may be a little over-reacting.

Why not try something along the lines of "sorry you couldn't make it - when would be a good time?".

This leaves it open for her.

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 12:31
From things she has said in the past she likes people to be upfront when asking someone out and seeing as this has dragged out for way too many months, I think maybe just setting the record strsaight and telling her my feelings may be a good idea. Tell her I wish we could get t know each other more, why I find her attractive, etc.

joglynne
09-04-2009, 12:32
Well don't be to disheartened if she chooses the friendship option.

I was given the same choice, opted for the friendship and then a few years later married the guy. Nearly 40 years of marriage later he's still my best friend.

Gary L
09-04-2009, 12:49
From things she has said in the past she likes people to be upfront when asking someone out and seeing as this has dragged out for way too many months, I think maybe just setting the record strsaight and telling her my feelings may be a good idea. Tell her I wish we could get t know each other more, why I find her attractive, etc.

I personally wouldn't go too deep in telling her stuff. she might think it's too heavy and not want to bother after all. it's your first time with her. just have fun with her and see how it progresses after that. if she wants it to go any further she'll let you know. if she doesn't then don't despair, you can always do the revenge things suggested earlier :)

Nugget
09-04-2009, 12:56
Well don't be to disheartened if she chooses the friendship option.

I was given the same choice, opted for the friendship and then a few years later married the guy. Nearly 40 years of marriage later he's still my best friend.

Blimey - you must have got married young then ;)

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 13:18
I personally wouldn't go too deep in telling her stuff. she might think it's too heavy and not want to bother after all. it's your first time with her. just have fun with her and see how it progresses after that. if she wants it to go any further she'll let you know. if she doesn't then don't despair, you can always do the revenge things suggested earlier :)

The thing is she knows and half the world around her know I like her. It's been obvious.
It's just I havent ever told her face to face or directly.

Hugh
09-04-2009, 14:04
The thing is she knows and half the world around her know I like her. It's been obvious.
It's just I havent ever told her face to face or directly.
But there's a difference (imho) between liking her and expressing deep feelings - it's OK at the beginning of a relationship to like someone and find them attractive, but to state anything more might be seen as being too "heavy", and wanting too much too soon (in an emotional sense).

Anyhoo, good luck.

Wayfair
09-04-2009, 14:23
If your heavy and give her all your reasons why you fancy her you will blow it, don't forget you have had months and months of getting it all straight in your head and she may only just be thinking about you 'that' way..

Your gonna scare her off dude..

Take it easy, offer her another date and include your mobile number then she can contact you, women like nothing better to be chased but they get very very intrigued when you stop chasing..

It's her turn..

lucy7
09-04-2009, 14:26
If your heavy and give her all your reasons why you fancy her you will blow it, don't forget you have had months and months of getting it all straight in your head and she may only just be thinking about you 'that' way..

Your gonna scare her off dude..

Take it easy, offer her another date and include your mobile number then she can contact you, women like nothing better to be chased but they get very very intrigued when you stop chasing..

It's her turn..

Intrigued............ dont you mean relieved!!;)

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 14:33
Ok how does this sound:

(Names and a few places details changed as it would be sods law she comes on here and reads it)

Hi Anne,

Thankyou for your email.

I wish I could talk to you as Email is not the best way but here goes...
I think you probably guessed that since some time, I enjoy coming down to the finance department to talk to you. You make the days working at Microsoft a little more fun and when we all go out with the department staff it is great to catch up with you.

I've wanted to say something to you sooner but it just seemed complicated at work and I didnt know what you would think.

I think we have things in common and that it would be nice to go out for a drink sometime.
I'd hope we could stay friends but it would be nice to get to know you better.
To me you seem different from everyone else, and someone very interesting.

Bob.

lucy7
09-04-2009, 14:38
Ok how does this sound:

(Names and a few places details changed as it would be sods law she comes on here and reads it)

Dont send it!!

Never put anything in writing, she may show it or send it on to others!

Personal chat would be better!

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 14:41
Yeah but I dont have her number and Email is the only way.
I don't really mind if she shows others. I've nothing else to lose.

As women, would you think this letter is sounding ok?

I appreciate your help. :tu:

Gary L
09-04-2009, 14:57
As women, would you think this letter is sounding ok?

I've used your letter with a few changes made, and sent it on to see if the reaction is a good or bad one.
I'll let you know what the women think :D

Hi Superbiatch,

Thankyou for your PM.

I wish I could talk to you as PM is not the best way but here goes...
I think you probably guessed that since some time, I enjoy coming down to the forum to talk to you. You make the days working at Home a little more fun and when we all debate about God, women and Virgin, it is great to catch up with you.

I've wanted to say something to you sooner but it just seemed complicated in the forum and I didnt know what you would think.

I think we have things in common and that it would be nice to go out for a drink sometime.
To me you seem different from everyone else, and someone very interesting.

Gary.

joglynne
09-04-2009, 15:03
OK here's my tuppennys' worth. I like the first paragraph and even if she shows it to anyone you just come over as a nice guy. I wouldn't use the last two paragraphs though as they are a bit over the top at this stage and mentioning staying friends if she doesn't want to go out with you just comes over defeatist.

Just add something like..

"I enjoy going out for a meal (pictures/whatever) and wondered if you would like to come with me."

Give her your phone number and ask her to ring you with her answer.

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 15:12

"I enjoy going out for a meal (pictures/whatever) and wondered if you would like to come with me."

Ok, I've got rid of:

I've wanted to say something to you sooner but it just seemed complicated at work and I didnt know what you would think.

I'll add the lines you reccomend. Thanks again :)

lucy7
09-04-2009, 15:35
OK here's my tuppennys' worth. I like the first paragraph and even if she shows it to anyone you just come over as a nice guy. I wouldn't use the last two paragraphs though as they are a bit over the top at this stage and mentioning staying friends if she doesn't want to go out with you just comes over defeatist.

A near on perfect answer!

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

I've used your letter with a few changes made, and sent it on to see if the reaction is a good or bad one.
I'll let you know what the women think :D

Do you get any work done Gary, working from home???;):)

Whoops where did i go wrong with that???? Wheres the work from home bit gone?

Gary L
09-04-2009, 15:42
Do you get any work done Gary, working from home???;):)

Not as much as I should lately. I could do with dual monitors though :)

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 15:53
I'm surprised you get any work done at all.
Gary L, Your'e Fired!

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

Done, Email has been sent. It can only go down hill from here.

joglynne
09-04-2009, 16:03
I'm surprised you get any work done at all.
Gary L, Your'e Fired!

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

Done, Email has been sent. It can only go down hill from here.

Stop being so defeatist. You have come a long way in the last few months but you have to start having more faith in yourself. :)

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 16:27
With the amount of crappiness and mess ups recently I've looked at relationships at only going pair shaped.
It's like I finally try and get over the mess up that was my last relationship where I hang on for two years trying to make it work but it didnt go anywhere and just made things so depressing that I couldnt sleep.

Meeting this new girl gave me hope of a new start.

I appreciate your kind words Jo and know that I should be more positive. I guess I need to remember that she did say yes when I asked her so that means something. Whether now she backs out again is another thing entirely.
Atleast she now knows in that e-mail that I like her.

I'll try to be more optimistic.

Crikey, this thread is getting long!

superbiatch
09-04-2009, 16:30
Good luck halycon, the ladies on here have done you proud and we'll all be expecting an update as soon as received. Don't worry if its not today, us girlies like to think we're playing hard to get ;)

@ Gary L, i understand you are developing a fixation with me, but the feeling is not mutual :D :p: (thats the way you don't want your lady friend to reply halycon) ;).

Caspar
09-04-2009, 16:31
Is there any reason why you don't have her mobile? after months of 'flirting' and everyone knows you want to bang her, I would have thought she'd have given it to you.

Maybe there's a reason she hasn't given it you.

I wish you luck mate, but work relationships can be very dodgy and soul destroying, from what I've seen. I guarantee that all her friends will read your email.

One word of advice, is that if you do start conversing via email and then onto the dreaded SMS, then don't reply straightaway - show some control and leave it hours before replying, and for your own piece of mind don't reply to stuff before you goto bed. Leave it until morning.

And whatever you do don't wreck your job over a bird, try to seperate it as much as you can, considering, always keep and eye on your mortage/rent/beer/money/car payments/whatever. - pussy comes second.

superbiatch
09-04-2009, 16:33
...- pussy comes second.

Nice!! :redcard:

Gary L
09-04-2009, 16:40
@ Gary L, i understand you are developing a fixation with me, but the feeling is not mutual :D :p:

:LOL:

(thats the way you don't want your lady friend to reply halycon) ;).

She's playing hard to get, halycon :D

lucy7
09-04-2009, 16:41
Is there any reason why you don't have her mobile? after months of 'flirting' and everyone knows you want to bang her, I would have thought she'd have given it to you.

Maybe there's a reason she hasn't given it you.

I wish you luck mate, but work relationships can be very dodgy and soul destroying, from what I've seen. I guarantee that all her friends will read your email.

One word of advice, is that if you do start conversing via email and then onto the dreaded SMS, then don't reply straightaway - show some control and leave it hours before replying, and for your own piece of mind don't reply to stuff before you goto bed. Leave it until morning.

And whatever you do don't wreck your job over a bird, try to seperate it as much as you can, considering, always keep and eye on your mortage/rent/beer/money/car payments/whatever. - pussy comes second.

Speechless.........

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 16:42
Good luck halycon, the ladies on here have done you proud and we'll all be expecting an update as soon as received. Don't worry if its not today, us girlies like to think we're playing hard to get ;)

Definately a big :tu: to the ladies of the forum.
We need more people like you on here.
Will definately give some updates soon hopefully. Let's hope theyare good ones.

I guess I see her everyday so havent really asked for it. She is on my facebook anyway.
Yes everyone knows I want to be with her but when you are at work it's not easy to talk, especially where I work. So when we all go out such as last week it made it a little easier.

pussy comes second.

You and your talk of 'banging' can't really get you very far. :nono:

superbiatch
09-04-2009, 16:43
:LOL:

She's playing hard to get, halycon :D

Don't even go there! I've had this problem recently with the postie who picks up the franked mail from my office. After him asking me out I told him straight I wasn't interested, he took no notice. They i said had a BF and had just been on holiday with him, still no notice. If I tried the 'I'm a lesbian' stance I'm sure he'd just get off on it :D. There's only one thing left - i'm becoming a nun!

Hugh
09-04-2009, 16:45
Don't even go there! I've had this problem recently with the postie who picks up the franked mail from my office. After him asking me out I told him straight I wasn't interested, he took no notice. They i said had a BF and had just been on holiday with him, still no notice. If I tried the 'I'm a lesbian' stance I'm sure he'd just get off on it :D. There's only one thing left - i'm becoming a nun!

Don't go there, please - how many will "get off" on a lesbian nun fantasy? ;)

Gary L
09-04-2009, 16:51

:banghead::cry::hyper::omg::disturbd:

lucy7
09-04-2009, 16:53

Yea Biatch, never, never tell a guy you are a lesbian, unless you are the butch type;)
His mind will go into overdrive!!

Gary L
09-04-2009, 16:58
Yea Biatch, never, never tell a guy you are a lesbian, unless you are the butch type;)
His mind will go into overdrive!!

That is true. shave your head Superbiatch! :)

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 17:03
biatch, Tell him you are a shemale. Now that WILL put him off most likely.

But back to crushes, I wonder why some women, eg. the one I like who knows I like her don't just come out with it and say "No go. It's never going to happen" instead of enjoying the attnetion.
Is it just to make the chase more fun, do girls like to play with guys minds? I think so.
Let's hope that some are genuine and not crazy.

Raistlin
09-04-2009, 17:04
biatch, Tell him you are a shemale. Now that WILL put him off most likely.

Wouldn't bet on it :erm:

Gary L
09-04-2009, 17:06
Wouldn't bet on it :erm:

You're the exception then :)

superbiatch
09-04-2009, 17:10
How about i tell him that I'm not really into bald heads (not shaven but completely bald) or guys wearing school shorts for work, sitting in a local pub with real ales available and the most unappealing bit to me - he's in his 50's!!!

Now that may make me a bitch, but thats me and he might just get the message ;) (but i'm not that heartless :erm:). The hard bit is he's deaf so communication is strained to say the least, but he's just not my type at all!

Anyway, enough about my little issue and back to halycon - its his thread :)

lucy7
09-04-2009, 17:12
Yes, some girls will play with your mind, but if you think she is, is she one you should be seeking?
Us ladies all like a bit of attention, we would not be normal if we did not, but to screw with a guys head is just not on.

To be frank with you, I think she is not interested in going on a date with you, if she was, she would of taken you up on your offer and met up with you, or arranged another date if the date you suggested was not suitable for her.

I would move on.
Good things happen when you do not actively seek them!!

Raistlin
09-04-2009, 17:14
You're the exception then :)

Sorry, misread the thread - thought it was being suggested that superbiatch telling you she was a shemale would put you off the chase ;)

Peter_
09-04-2009, 17:16
There's only one thing left - i'm becoming a nun!
That will make him even more interested and he will want to get into your habit even more.:D

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 17:20
To be frank with you, I think she is not interested in going on a date with you, if she was, she would of taken you up on your offer and met up with you, or arranged another date if the date you suggested was not suitable for her.

I would move on.
Good things happen when you do not actively seek them!!

I see your point and if nothing comes of this e-mail I've sent her then I will move on. It's just all the signals were there, she said no problem to meeting up for a meal when I asked originally so I will hope and see if another day is possible.
To tell you the truth although she will now know I'm really into her, until last week I think she only thought I liked her in a joking way and that although I had feelings for her I wouldnt make a move. But now that I am, maybe she wants to play things slowly or see what she thinks of me first.

We got on really well so it would be a shame for it all to end.
I'd hope she would still want to be friends. It just feels like it could be so much more though.

Caspar
09-04-2009, 17:22

Unless she had something prearranged, like a family get together for easter...

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

How about i tell him that I'm not really into bald heads (not shaven but completely bald) or guys wearing school shorts for work, sitting in a local pub with real ales available and the most unappealing bit to me - he's in his 50's!!!

Now that may make me a bitch, but thats me and he might just get the message ;) (but i'm not that heartless :erm:). The hard bit is he's deaf so communication is strained to say the least, but he's just not my type at all!

Anyway, enough about my little issue and back to halycon - its his thread :)

Make a complaint against him, he'll soon get the message ;)

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 17:28
Yes she is going away for easter to see her Mum and Dad.
I've suggested next week instead. We'l see. If it's a no then I pretty much know she isnt interested.
Plus now she knows my feelings for her. We'l see.

superbiatch
09-04-2009, 17:32
I've suggested next week instead. We'l see. If it's a no then I pretty much know she isnt interested.

I think thats a perfectly good excuse, do they live far away? Do you know info in much depth about her?

Caspar
09-04-2009, 17:44

Fair enough, I'd advise leaving her to it for the weekend now. Don't scare her off by emailing rubbish, just to entertain your own desires for her attention :) :)

But do make sure you have a chat with her when you'e both back in work after the weekend, a well timed coffee break...a convo as quick as poss so there isn't an dodgy air flying about! :)

Bare in mind that peeps will be talking all week, so this may put her off. So make sure you keep the contact genuine and pressure free.

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 17:49
Yes, they live about [Goes to google maps] 200 miles away!

I want her soooooooooooooooooooooo much. On a scale of 1 to 10 she is 100.
It's not the looks (although she is hot), it's her sense of humour, her personality, she's very interesting.

You will all soon be able to buy the book "Halcyon's Crazy Relationships" in all good book stores at the end of the month.

Caspar
09-04-2009, 17:57
Yes, they live about [Goes to google maps] 200 miles away!

I want her soooooooooooooooooooooo much. On a scale of 1 to 10 she is 100.
It's not the looks (although she is hot), it's her sense of humour, her personality, she's very interesting.

You will all soon be able to buy the book "Halcyon's Crazy Relationships" in all good book stores at the end of the month.

it's def lust as a few weeks ago, she was only 30 on the 1-10 scale! now she's 100 on the 1-10 scale hmmmm! obesssed! very common indeed!

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

ok, I'm paying way too much attention to this thread! :erm:

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 18:04
LOL

Lust, Affection, Love, whatever you want to call it.... It all ends up together at one point.

Hom3r
09-04-2009, 18:58
Tell her that women have messed you about and you don't want you heart ripped apart again.

or words to that efffect.

Thats why I'm single and living at home, my hearts been bust twice, and theres a nice big busted red head where I work and I don't have the plums to take it any further and as we will all be out of a job by the end of the year time running out sharpish.

My only options are ask her if we do a goodbye Stansted do, or via private message in facebook.

WHISTLED
09-04-2009, 19:21
Tell her that women have messed you about and you don't want you heart ripped apart again. U mental?

Women are no different from men, they want someone with confidence, someone they can have a laugh with, uncomplicated and someone that will look after them.

If someone said 'dont break my heart' I would think needy, too soft, and be more worried about upsetting them than enjoying my time with them.. Not worth the bother!

Hom3r - If you are 40 and have only had heart broken twice, think yourself lucky! Additionally if this lady is around the same age as you, is single and has the same sense of humour as you then stop buggering about, she is probably as lonely as you and would welcome the attention.

Halcyon - If it happens it happens, to be honest it sounds like your coming across as needy and too keen, major turn off..

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 19:59
Hom3r, I totally know what you mean. I was dragged along a I want you/ I dont want you phase for way too long and then the last relationship I was in a few months ago...Well that was just a nightmare as I didnt want to let go but everytime we met it was painful and hurt so much. I had so many dreams and you could just watch them fading away.

Facebook could be a good way via a private message. I find that whilst a company do / party will let you socialise with that person more relaxed and out of work there are always too many people to have a private conversation.

At the end of the day she may say yes or she may say no.
But I felt the same about asking this girl out. I knew that not knowing was a feeling that atleast gave me hope. Now it's a feeling of I wish she says Yes or I didnt know as then it would feel not so bad..... BUT you have to take a chance otherwise you will never know. I have learnt that.

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Halcyon - If it happens it happens, to be honest it sounds like your coming across as needy and too keen, major turn off..

That is how I feel when I describe my feelings for this person on here.
It doesnt mean I am sending her roses and standing outside her house with a banner saying "LOVE YOU" on it.
Ive just told her my feelings and that it would be good to go out. Nothing too big and committing.

alferret
09-04-2009, 21:38
This has been a good read, an interesting thread. Some witty comments and good sound advice offered.
I would like to offer a little bit of advice that may be of some comfort Halcyon.
If all else fails and she spurns your advances, reach for the oil, shut your eyes and "wave" bye bye to her. At least she'll have put a smile on your face for a brief moment and onwards to the next beauty :o: :D ;)

Hugh
09-04-2009, 21:39
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

Mr_love_monkey
09-04-2009, 21:51
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

Is that the noise you make?

Hugh
09-04-2009, 21:53
No

lucy7
09-04-2009, 21:57
This has been a good read, an interesting thread. Some witty comments and good sound advice offered.
I would like to offer a little bit of advice that may be of some comfort Halcyon.
If all else fails and she spurns your advances, reach for the oil, shut your eyes and "wave" bye bye to her. At least she'll have put a smile on your face for a brief moment and onwards to the next beauty :o: :D ;)

I like this response, but whats the oil for?

Hugh
09-04-2009, 21:59
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/04/60.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.visitdunkeld.com/Birnam%2520Games%2520Photos/images/Birnam%2520Highland%2520Games%2520Tossing%2520the% 2520Caber%25203_jpg.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.visitdunkeld.com/Birnam%2520Games%2520Photos/pages/Birnam%2520Highland%2520Games%2520Tossing%2520the% 2520Caber%25203_jpg.htm&usg=__a3Tps_WfQT654tft5TA34FfXCLM=&h=359&w=314&sz=19&hl=en&start=17&sig2=vUirUQpV4Bg7U1DN9rR8eA&tbnid=bFS_JWCr86tBcM:&tbnh=121&tbnw=106&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtossing%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26safe%3D off&ei=pWHeSbOJG8KSjAfIxMmEDg)

WHISTLED
09-04-2009, 22:13
LOL

fireman328
09-04-2009, 22:20

Where does the oil come into this then ?

lucy7
09-04-2009, 22:24

See above!!
The Scottish photo!!

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

Halycon is just after a really long thread, he wants it as long as the God one!

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 22:25
Oh dear, I think at this rate we are going to need a Relationships, Dating, Counciling, and Get physical sub forum.
Keep your trousers on everyone!

Back on topic....

I've just been talking to my sister. She's a female and said that I shouldnt worry too much either about the Email and just wait and see.

The other night I whispered something into her ear as we came out the club and I was thinking it might be a good idea to E-mail her and tell her I still mean that.

homealone
09-04-2009, 22:28
See above!!
The Scottish photo!!

i.e. in the absence of someone else to help, one has the 'caberbility' to amuse oneself :D

Gary L
09-04-2009, 22:34

I think it's if she's not answering the doorbell then go around the back?

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

I've just been talking to my sister. She's a female

That's weird. mine's a male :)

Sir John Luke
09-04-2009, 22:34
I've just been talking to my sister. She's a female
:scratch:

Peter_
09-04-2009, 22:36
I think it's if she's not answering the doorbell then go around the back?

Is that with the oil? :D

Gary L
09-04-2009, 22:39
Is that with the oil? :D

I assume so :)

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 22:39
:scratch:

It's been a long day. I'm recovering on the red wine.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/04/29.gif Topic. Get Back On.

Gary L
09-04-2009, 22:44
Topic. Get Back On.

The topic is about you. it's not many people that get a whole thread about them.
Apart from God :)

lucy7
09-04-2009, 22:47
Oh dear, I think at this rate we are going to need a Relationships, Dating, Counciling, and Get physical sub forum.
Keep your trousers on everyone!

Back on topic....

I've just been talking to my sister. She's a female and said that I shouldnt worry too much either about the Email and just wait and see.

The other night I whispered something into her ear as we came out the club and I was thinking it might be a good idea to E-mail her and tell her I still mean that.

You whispered something in your sisters ear??
You are freaking me out now Halcyon!;)

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:46 ----------

The topic is about you. it's not many people that get a whole thread about them.

:):angel::)

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 23:07
Sorry I'm not making much sense.
I mean when I came out the club I whispered a nice few words into my crushes ear.
She seemed happy since she was the first to chat to me the following day on facebook.

It may be a good idea to email her and remind her that I meant every word.?

Now there is no way I am going to contend with the chief upstairs. But from the topic on these forums some people would suggest he is'nt in. But thats for another thread.

superbiatch
09-04-2009, 23:15
It may be a good idea to email her and remind her that I meant every word.?

No, leave things just as they are ;)

Peter_
09-04-2009, 23:15
No, leave things just as they are ;)
Perfect advice and timing

lucy7
09-04-2009, 23:17
Any one else got any relationship problems we can all help(?!) with.

joglynne
09-04-2009, 23:21
Don't email her again. She has already intimated that she heard what you whispered to her and shown that what you said was not a problem with her. No need to remind the lady what you said unless you think she is a bit thick or has a poor memory.

In other words...stop fussing...give her some space....and have a bit of patience.

Halcyon
09-04-2009, 23:27
Ok, duly noted. Keeping my mouse off the E-mail button.

For others reading this, if you are also in a similar situation run away now..... No, I mean, do join in and see if you can turn your life round as well. It can be worth it, may be worth it, is worth it as it will always be a weight off your shoulders and you will atleast be able to get on with your life.

Gary L
09-04-2009, 23:44
Any one else got any relationship problems we can all help(?!) with.

There's this woman on a forum I know. I really like her but......... :)

Peter_
09-04-2009, 23:46
She reads your posts and thinks no! not even with a .................. stickhttp://smileyshut.com/smileys/new/Laughing/lol-052.GIF (http://smileyshut.com)

danielf
09-04-2009, 23:47

You're bald, in your fifties and wear shorts to work?

Peter_
09-04-2009, 23:49
The postman always asks twice:D

Gary L
09-04-2009, 23:50
She reads your posts and thinks no! not even with a .................. stick

I'd call it a pole more than a stick :)

danielf
09-04-2009, 23:51
The postman always asks twice:D

He don't hear that well apparently :)

Gary L
09-04-2009, 23:52

Full head of hair, thirties, and sometimes just my Y-fronts :D

Peter_
10-04-2009, 00:08
So you had a full head of hair in your thirties, or am I just tired.

Gary L
10-04-2009, 00:19
So you had a full head of hair in your thirties, or am I just tired.

Go to bed.

Halcyon
10-04-2009, 00:24
Everyone needs to go to sleep I think and dream about beautiful people.

Bonne nuit.

lucy7
10-04-2009, 07:29

Gary, you cant be in your thirties if you are wearing Y-frounts, they are old mans under garments!!

Go on admit it, you in your 50s, bald, fat, and ugly;)

---------- Post added at 07:29 ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 ----------

Everyone needs to go to sleep I think and dream about beautiful people.

Bonne nuit.

Who did you dream about?

I dreamt I was in a plane and the man in frount put his seat back, and I ended up rowing with him!

(Dream thread?)

Halcyon
10-04-2009, 11:37
Funny you mention a dream thread, I started one about 3 years ago LOL
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22/28387-dreams.html

I had lots of strange dreams last night but that is probably becuase I kept waking up. I have a cold. But let's just say I woke up this morning thinking about the girl I have a crush on.

Hom3r....Are you going to do anything about the girl you have a crush on ?

lucy7
10-04-2009, 11:42
Halcyyon......

How about just to cheer you up, all willing ladies on here who want to, come and visit you and take you out for a fun evening?

:ghugs:

Hom3r
10-04-2009, 11:42
I don't honestly know.

Halcyon
10-04-2009, 11:47
Halcyyon......

How about just to cheer you up, all willing ladies on here who want to, come and visit you and take you out for a fun evening?

:ghugs:

Sounds like a plan. You must all wear see through clothing and bring gifts.
Are you in ?

:D;)

Gary L
10-04-2009, 13:26
Gary, you cant be in your thirties if you are wearing Y-frounts, they are old mans under garments!!

Go on admit it, you in your 50s, bald, fat, and ugly;)

Ok, I admit I'm 57 with a big belly and a bald head :)

---------- Post added at 13:26 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

Sounds like a plan. You must all wear see through clothing and bring gifts.

I'll better that proposal. you don't have to bring gifts :)

superbiatch
10-04-2009, 13:28
I do hope my 'stalker' doesn't read this thread :D

Halcyon
10-04-2009, 16:17
I don't honestly know.

Obviously you have to weigh up what it would be like since you work with her.
But too many of us let opportunities pass and then live to regret them.

Ok so it is going to be a moment of nerve wracking seconds when you go and ask her out but once it is done, it's a huge weight lifted.
Atleast you will know and can move on with your life.

If you feel feel confident enough that there is a chance she could be interested or atleast open to go out for a drink maybe, then go for it.
Even if you go out and it ends up being a drink more as friends than anything else then atleast you will know.

I think there is a part of me which didnt want to say anything to my crush as I thought whilst she didnt know there was stilla chance she might like me.... I didnmt want to know and be dissapointed but then if you live like that you'l be wondering everyday what could happen if she did say yes or if she was interested.

Halcyon
15-04-2009, 01:42
Update:

She hasnt logged on to facebook and I havent had any replies after the last email telling her how I felt and wishing her a happy easter. She now knows my feelings for her.

I've seen that she's logged on to match.com so she must have atleast got my email since she was online.

The only thing I can do now is wait til Monday when I see her at work and give her the Lindt bunny I got her. I'm not looking forward to Monday as it is bound to be awkward.

I just hope she wants to talk, see if we can still meet up.

Oh well. I'm not giving up just as yet. She would have mailed back to say she's not interested hopefully if she was not wanting anything. Plus I think she is still away down South.

lauzjp
15-04-2009, 14:22
aw, as said above - you can't spend the rest of your days wondering 'what if' - I think it's great that you took the bull by the horns as it were. :tu:

mrmistoffelees
15-04-2009, 14:56
At the end of the day, Rohypnol is your friend :D

NB: Do not actually do this.............Seriously, just don't

Maggy
15-04-2009, 15:28
Update:

She hasnt logged on to facebook and I havent had any replies after the last email telling her how I felt and wishing her a happy easter. She now knows my feelings for her.

I've seen that she's logged on to match.com so she must have atleast got my email since she was online.

The only thing I can do now is wait til Monday when I see her at work and give her the Lindt bunny I got her. I'm not looking forward to Monday as it is bound to be awkward.

I just hope she wants to talk, see if we can still meet up.

Oh well. I'm not giving up just as yet. She would have mailed back to say she's not interested hopefully if she was not wanting anything. Plus I think she is still away down South.

Can I remind you that affairs of the heart don't always go well if you have just come out of a relationship..it maybe that you came across as desperate,or she doesn't fancy you that much,or she's having fun where she's been staying recently or she just doesn't want to get that serious with you.I warned you to to take it slowly as that's just how it goes sometimes.

Whatever you do next Monday don't jump on her asking why she didn't contact you...Play it cool until she says anything..Just be welcoming and ask if she had a good time on holiday..If it's going to work then she will carry the conversation forward and you can perhaps broach the subject of another drink/meal/cinema trip.Take your time..you have more of it than you think.

;)

Halcyon
16-04-2009, 00:40
Thanks for your reply and advice Maggy.

I can see what you mean and would hope that I wasnt too desperate. I have known her for a long time and think she knew I liked her so didnt think a few e-mails would be too intense. I'm leaving it at that now. Nothing more. It's her call now.

It's just strange when she's been so fun and nice in the past and actually when we last talked wanted to really meet up.

I'm not going to just jump in there on Monday and have a go at her. I wouldnt do that.
I'l definately ask her how her holidays have been. I got her an easter egg so will give her that and then leave it at that.
See what she wants to do. Her call.

superbiatch
16-04-2009, 08:44
I got her an easter egg so will give her that and then leave it at that.
See what she wants to do. Her call.

Have you ever bought her an easter egg before? If not, then I'd steer clear of giving it to her as it may be seen as being a bit 'pushy'.

If all goes well with her on Monday, then by all means share the egg ;)

Gary L
16-04-2009, 22:50
Have you ever bought her an easter egg before? If not, then I'd steer clear of giving it to her as it may be seen as being a bit 'pushy'.

If all goes well with her on Monday, then by all means share the egg ;)

If it all goes well sharing the egg. buy some more and do it again :D

superbiatch
16-04-2009, 23:09
If it all goes well sharing the egg. buy some more and do it again :D

For once Gary - I agree with you! :D

Gary L
16-04-2009, 23:20
For once Gary - I agree with you! :D

That hurts to know :)

Halcyon
17-04-2009, 20:47
Yes, I bought her chocolate before and we shared some chooclate the other day too.
Plus I told her I'd buy her one.

fireman328
17-04-2009, 21:52
I've just been talking to my sister. She's a female what else could she be ?

[/QUOTE]

Halcyon
21-04-2009, 17:21
:( :mad: :confused: :bigcry: :grind: :afire: :upyours: :drunk: :mad: :confused: :grind:

And that my friends, is how this thread ends, on planet disaster!

fireman328
21-04-2009, 17:46
Cue lights, Taras, theme playing and FINIS. Its a wrap folks !

Gary L
21-04-2009, 17:49
Cue lights, Taras, theme playing and FINIS. Its a wrap folks !

I'll ask then. what happened?

Maggy
21-04-2009, 18:23
:( :mad: :confused: :bigcry: :grind: :afire: :upyours: :drunk: :mad: :confused: :grind:

And that my friends, is how this thread ends, on planet disaster!

:sorry: :hugs:

Halcyon
21-04-2009, 18:58
She E-mailed me and wants to remain good mates, as in her words it is due to us working together.

So yet another mess up! Time to pour a good drink!

WHISTLED
21-04-2009, 20:41
And what if any lessons have you taken from this...?

Halcyon
21-04-2009, 20:46
That all women are evil!

No, that right now, I don't want to go to work as I will see her every day and it will do my head in for the rest of the week, month, year.

It has taught me one thing though that I should have done something about it sooner as otherwise the feelings build up in your mind and that isnt good when it all goes wrong.

So, right now I'm going to get back to E-mailing her one final time to say I'm ok with being friends and though I'd have liked it to be more, I'm happy that we can remain friends.

Argh !!!! My mind is about to explode. I need a holiday.

budwieser
21-04-2009, 20:47
She E-mailed me and wants to remain good mates, as in her words it is due to us working together.

So yet another mess up! Time to pour a good drink!

It`s not a mess up mate, so you`ve been knocked back! Get out a bit more and don`t try to find someone, they`ll find you.
Just be yourself when you`re out and enjoy yourself, it`ll happen, trust me. ;)
If something doesn`t go quite right, it just means that something else is coming up. It may be with the same girl, don`t pin your hopes on it, but it might happen.

Halcyon
21-04-2009, 20:57
Thanks, I think I probably got too hopeful with this girl as I wanted to get over my last relationship that had been sadness and hurt for the past year and a half and I pinned too much hope in this to make things better.

I really liked the girl. It wasnt rebound or just wanting her for one thing. I truly liked everything about her, but I guess that for the moment it's not to happen.

I will try to be more hopeful and optimistic.

PS: To all that have survived 15 pages of this thread...... Thanks for putting up with my moaning posts.
I just wanted to say thankyou to everyone for their help and friendship and I really appreciated that.

Gary L
21-04-2009, 21:02
That all women are evil!

and they only want one thing. your body!
Or not in your case :)

WHISTLED
21-04-2009, 21:04
The lesson I was thinking was that you need to be a bit cooler, gain some perspective, and adopt a bit more balance with your emotions.

I have no doubt that you scared her off by coming in too strong, thats amplified in a work environment.

When you stop trying you will get on just fine.

homealone
21-04-2009, 23:07
The lesson I was thinking was that you need to be a bit cooler, gain some perspective, and adopt a bit more balance with your emotions.

I have no doubt that you scared her off by coming in too strong, thats amplified in a work environment.
When you stop trying you will get on just fine.

I don't always agree with you - but I think you have it 'spot on' in this case - are you going soft? ;)

Caspar
21-04-2009, 23:32
I disagree, I halcyon has been very open and honest with this thread and to us - very brave imo.

I'm pretty sure that he's not been so upfront in person with el chick. He sounds hurt, and cautious becuase of history, and second guesses his every move. He's so focused in getting this right and doing it right cause maybe that's how he wants to be treated.

...don't we all, but most of us either don't know it, are already in a relationship, have already been hurt and learnt... or live our lives miserable and sad.

My final words are to keep going and have some fun don't let one set back set you back (!)...life is short and you never know what's around the corner....most of it is pretty fun, so embrace it ...especially the blondes with the big knockers! ;) :)

Gary L
21-04-2009, 23:41
...especially the blondes with the big knockers! ;) :)

They hate it when you press the doorbells. :confused:

Mr_love_monkey
22-04-2009, 07:00
and they only want one thing. your body!

Only one woman ever just wanted my body - and I think that was for medical research, as beagles were quite expensive

superbiatch
22-04-2009, 11:24
I'm sorry things didn't go so well Halycon, but i do think it might have been a rebound thing. Give yourself a break and have some fun, get yourself out there and enjoy the summer. You sound like a great guy, so maybe if you stop looking for that 'someone' then maybe they'll find you :)

lucy7
23-04-2009, 08:39
Lesson to be learnt..........
Do we ever learn them?

Move on, don't go seeking a girlfriend, when it happens it happens!

Sorry, but best to go out with your mates, have some fun amd enjoy yourself.

Match.com worked for one of daughters friends though.
On line chat and banter is always a good way to get to know someone first (never thought I would ever type that), but it is sort of fun at times!
Just make sure they are not an ageing man trying to befriend you!! ;)

Julian
23-04-2009, 09:25
Bad luck there...

Maybe you should join your local Monastery, after all as the saying goes...

What fun do Monks have?

Nun. :)

Paul
26-04-2009, 14:26
I really liked the girl. It wasnt rebound or just wanting her for one thing. I truly liked everything about her, but I guess that for the moment it's not to happen.

I will try to be more hopeful and optimistic.
Stay close friends with her, have fun together, and you never know what may happen in the future. I know this from experience ;)

Halcyon
26-04-2009, 18:05
Thanks for all your posts.
I've looked at the match.com route. Don't know, but I may givie it a go and see.
Going to take a bit of time out to have a break from everything I think.

As for the girl I have a crush on, it looks like we are friends and having our usual fun conversations so I'l live with that even if nothing else happens.
If it does one day, great, I guess we will just have to see.

In the mean time though, I'm taking a break and going to start getting out more, meet new people, do something new.

homealone
26-04-2009, 18:11
In the mean time though, I'm taking a break and going to start getting out more, meet new people, do something new.

that is exactly the right thing to do, in my opinion - I'm glad you stayed friends with your colleague :tu: