PDA

View Full Version : Handbags

bjorkiii
15-03-2009, 13:05
Why do females feel the need to carry a handbag around with them ? whats it all about the need to carry massive amounts of stuff that surely they wont need , perhaps i just need a smaller holdall but would i get talked about " why is he always carrying a holdall or can you buy man handbags now what would i keep in it pillow cases , tins of food , pot pourri mm do homosexual men feel good carrying handbags i dont think they do do they ? im not sure ooh i hope my sexuality doesnt come out wrong here do you ever wonder maybe its a mistake openeing a new thread ?

Maggy
15-03-2009, 13:07
You have no idea how much that title will have brought every Mod on the board to view this thread with their fingers hovering over the ban button...:D

superbiatch
15-03-2009, 13:08
It is mainly for carrying stuff that you might never use, but have it just in case IMO. There are things most of us girlies need on a regular basis such as purse, make up, hair brush, mobile phone etc, and to carry all these things in a pocket is just pointless.

Also, a handbag is a fashion statement, I'm not too sure about the ladies on here but i've got over 50 (and i'm quickly running out of space).

Maggy
15-03-2009, 13:13
It is mainly for carrying stuff that you might never use, but have it just in case IMO. There are things most of us girlies need on a regular basis such as purse, make up, hair brush, mobile phone etc, and to carry all these things in a pocket is just pointless.

Also, a handbag is a fashion statement, I'm not too sure about the ladies on here but i've got over 50 (and i'm quickly running out of space).

I have a teachers handbag stuffed with pens,pencils,coloured pencils,felt pens,erasers,rulers,pencil sharpeners,stapler,staples,sellotape,whiteboard markers,paper,notebook,sticky gold stars and a lot of odd confiscated items as varied as marbles to magnets.:)

papa smurf
15-03-2009, 13:20
Why do females feel the need to carry a handbag around with them ? whats it all about the need to carry massive amounts of stuff that surely they wont need , perhaps i just need a smaller holdall but would i get talked about " why is he always carrying a holdall or can you buy man handbags now what would i keep in it pillow cases , tins of food , pot pourri mm do homosexual men feel good carrying handbags i dont think they do do they ? im not sure ooh i hope my sexuality doesnt come out wrong here do you ever wonder maybe its a mistake openeing a new thread ?

because they look better than a skip -- my old mum carries more crap around in here bag than most skips have in them.

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

[QUOTE=superbiatch;34753441]It is mainly for carrying stuff that you might never use, but have it just in case IMO. There are things most of us girlies need on a regular basis such as purse, make up, hair brush, mobile phone etc, and to carry all these things in a pocket is just pointless.

i have a shed for that:D " stuff that you might never use"

lucy7
15-03-2009, 13:24
Its a more stream lined look to ones outfit, if your pockets are not bulging with car keys, house keys , lipstick, mobile etc! Thats why bags are a good idea.

Any man on here got one?

You guys and your bulging pockets!! ;) :)

Dai
15-03-2009, 13:25
i have a shed for that:D

Not exactly portable..

I can see the advantage in having one central container for all the junk one carries around.

Downside as compared to pocketses is that it's all to easy to leave it on a bus or get it stolen.

papa smurf
15-03-2009, 13:27
Its a more stream lined look to ones outfit, if your pockets are not bulging with car keys, house keys , lipstick, mobile etc! Thats why bags are a good idea.

Any man on here got one?

You guys and your bulging pockets!! ;) :)

if the missus has the keys/ phone etc why would a man need a bag:)

superbiatch
15-03-2009, 13:31
if the missus has the keys/ phone etc why would a man need a bag:)

Are you not trusted enough to carry your own :confused: :p:

papa smurf
15-03-2009, 13:35
Are you not trusted enough to carry your own :confused: :p:

hell no---i don't always come home with trousers, but i always manage a traffic cone and any stray dogs i find on the stagger back home:D

Pia
15-03-2009, 13:38
I only have a small handbag but it contains stuff like purse, mobile, cigarettes/lighter and spare hair bobble, car keys, a pen, lip gloss etc.

I feel naked without my bag :shrug:

joglynne
15-03-2009, 13:42
Don't get me wrong because, like Pia, I love my handbags almost as much as I love all my shoes but I just had a look in the handbag I used when we went out last night. Along with my small purse, make-up bag and mobile are:-

John's car keys......still don't understand why he needed them as I was driving and always use my own set.

John's house keys.....Were mine not good enough?

John's mobile...... "It spoils the line of my jacket"

John's spare inhaler...... This one was in addition to the inhaler I always have in my handbag, and, we also have a spare one in the car. 3 inhalers is a tad paranoid when he rarely ever needs the one that he keeps in his pocket.

John's tape measure..... See reason at item 3 above. We were going out for a meal for goodness sake. Was he going to measure his steak!!!!!!

John's Wallet........See reason at item 3 above.

He also had the nerve to make a joke about how heavy my Handbag was when he held it so that I could put my coat on. :bsmack:

:D

fireman328
15-03-2009, 14:11

Is your name Imelda Marcos ?

moaningmags
15-03-2009, 14:30
I have one 'handbag' only ever used on a night out, a rare occasion.
Everything goes in my pockets, purse, car keys, smokes and lighter, lypsol and mobile.
I don't wear makeup (had to borrow from the kids on my last night out) and I brush my hair before I leave the house, it gets messed up, tough.
I do however have a huge bag that carries my 4 litres of diet bru when going to work or same 4 litres and college books when I'm going to college. Weighs a tonne.

superbiatch
15-03-2009, 14:51
Is your name Imelda Marcos ?

Thats something I've been accused of before. Since I split up with hubs finances have been very hard indeed, so I've hardly purchased any new shoes or bags in 5 years!! If however i get this new promotion in work......... ;)

Hom3r
15-03-2009, 15:20
We often joke to a Woman in my office that it could relocate to her handbag:Sprint:

lucy7
15-03-2009, 16:03
Do you younger women on here(or men!) still dance around them, like this oldie did??

joglynne
15-03-2009, 16:12
Do you younger women on here(or men!) still dance around them, like this oldie did??

Oh I remember doing that. Woe betide any male who tried to walk between a couple of girls dancing and kicked their bags by mistake. :D

Dai
15-03-2009, 16:18

lol, that brings back some memories..

on the pull at the Mecca ballroom in Stevenage, watching the girls dancing round their handbags.

Julian
15-03-2009, 16:37
I always avoided girls dancing round hand bags as I found their smocks & loons clashed with my tank top. :erm:

Gary L
15-03-2009, 16:43

They were a weird breed weren't they?
standing there nudging each others bags back into the circle with their feet while tugging on their earlobes, gesturing over to somebody come here! come on.. oh don't bother then.

joglynne
15-03-2009, 16:47
Now loons I loved. Used to wear mine with my 3" platform sole high heels. I used to be nearly 6ft if you measured to the top of my Afro perm. (Can I say Afro perm, my apologies if that's not a pc term these days.) Gosh I must have been a scary sight back then. :D

Maggy
15-03-2009, 17:00
I wondered how long it would be be before this thread would be onto shoes.:erm:

joglynne
15-03-2009, 17:19
I wondered how long it would be be before this thread would be onto shoes.:erm:

I love shoes, I used to date a guy just 'cause he worked in a shoe shop. http://img52.exs.cx/img52/271/l9iblush.gif He broke my heart when he came out of the closet, he's still a mate though and he now has his own shoe shop and always lets me know when he has a new shipment in.

Oh, and by the way did I ever mention I love shoes. :D

The Hitman
15-03-2009, 17:38
I have a teachers handbag stuffed with pens,pencils,coloured pencils,felt pens,erasers,rulers,pencil sharpeners,stapler,staples,sellotape,whiteboard markers,paper,notebook,sticky gold stars and a lot of odd confiscated items as varied as marbles to magnets.:)

Does that include me catapult miss :(

Angua
15-03-2009, 17:40
Have a couple of Kipling bags one of which is a bit of a Mary Poppins in as much as it will carry a standard library issue hardback book, packed lunch, filofax, hairbrush, lip salve spare hearing aid batteries, phone, purse, paracetamol, ibuprofen, pens, cheque book, keys, tissues and of course a purse all this in a bag 24cm wide x 16cm high x 10cm deep. :D

Nidge
15-03-2009, 19:14

I love my man bag, inside I've got my Ipod, phone, lipsyl and diary.

lucy7
15-03-2009, 19:38
I love my man bag, inside I've got my Ipod, phone, lipsyl and diary.

I love a man who has lipstick in his bag!

:Sprint:

Callumpy
15-03-2009, 20:27
Im confused, do i need a handbag?

Anywhoos, i dont have a handbag but i have a backpack full of screwed up paper, work, crisps and chocolate :p:

Mr_love_monkey
15-03-2009, 20:36
Now loons I loved. Used to wear mine with my 3" platform sole high heels. I used to be nearly 6ft if you measured to the top of my Afro perm. (Can I say Afro perm, my apologies if that's not a pc term these days.) Gosh I must have been a scary sight back then. :D

pictures?

joglynne
15-03-2009, 20:40
pictures?

No.

Mr_love_monkey
15-03-2009, 21:07
No.

cmon' I'll show mine if you show me yours

joglynne
15-03-2009, 21:10
cmon' I'll show mine if you show me yours

I don't trust you. You show me yours first. :D

Mr_love_monkey
15-03-2009, 21:12
I don't trust you. You show me yours first. :D

What's not to trust???? :)

WHISTLED
15-03-2009, 21:17
My ex bought a Chloe bag £1200 - whats that all about?

Mr_love_monkey
15-03-2009, 21:21

if she spent that much on a handbag she'd be my ex too :)

joglynne
15-03-2009, 21:27
What's not to trust???? :)

Download Failed (1) Well...err.... you.

Bragging points? :D

altis
15-03-2009, 21:33
[Edith Sitwell voice]

A handbag!

[/Edith Sitwell voice]

homealone
15-03-2009, 21:37
[Edith Sitwell voice]

A handbag!

[/Edith Sitwell voice]

you mean 'hanndbarg' :D

xpod
15-03-2009, 21:59
For some reason i thought this thread was going to be akin to the "bad feelings on a forum" thread...:dozey:

Angua
16-03-2009, 08:32
For some reason i thought this thread was going to be akin to the "bad feelings on a forum" thread...:dozey:

Like this http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g83/Monaogg/421.gif

Saaf_laandon_mo
16-03-2009, 09:02
I'm with Nidge on this one.... I have a 'man' bag which has my psp, keys, external hard drive (when I have to take it in to work), sometimes my wallet, other bits and bobs , but no lipsyl.

I hate carrying all that in my pockets.

The only thing is, unlike most women I know inc the missus, I don't need 15-20 different bags. One goes with everything.

dilli-theclaw
16-03-2009, 09:21
I generally carry my brailler round in a nice bag.... Wouldn't want to argue with that LOL

lauzjp
16-03-2009, 12:36
presently in my (quite small, I don't like the thought of lugging one of those huge bin bags around!) £2 Jasper Conran from the local charity shop :D handbag -

home keys, shop keys (oops other guy should have these!), phone, trident lemon gum, bottle of lucozade alert, almost full pad of pringle post it notes - with some scribbles about stuff to order for the shop & stuff to research for my boss, huge Suzy Smith purse, paracetemol, couple of hair grips (useful for picking locks if, er, the situation arises - sorry, grew up on Marsh Farm estate :p:), hairbands, nail file, couple of pens, nail varnish (just incase I chip a bit), and some catnip drops! No wonder all the local cats flock to me :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

Jo, I am going to nick your idea and get a spare inhaler for Anton and carry it around - and a spare lanzoprazol (?) for those frequent times he's forgotten to take that too :tu:

Maggy
16-03-2009, 15:24
I generally carry my brailler round in a nice bag.... Wouldn't want to argue with that LOL

You would not want to argue with my teachers bag..as a few kids have 'accidentally' found out.