PDA

View Full Version : Cant belive what sky has done to me!

theslasher
13-03-2009, 08:56
I have been with virgin for 8 years decided to go to sky for the hd.
Had the box fitted on the 15th Feb yes nice shinny new hd.
To cut a long story short yesterday the pause would not work said i needed to subscribe to sky+ what i thought,phoned tech support only to hear my accounnt had been closed had i breached my contract by using my sky card abroad???????????
I have not been abroad nor has my cards i have a hard drive full of recored stuff.
I spoke to cs who could not understand it and if sky has the tech to check its beign used abroad cant they see its still beign used in the uk???
So now i have had to send emails to sky yo get it resolved i thought in the uk your inocent till proven guilty.
Btw sky did not even contact me about this just cut me off where do i stand?
1 very new enoyed skyhd customer.:((((((

zing_deleted
13-03-2009, 09:54
You need to get back on their case and keep getting back on theor case the gsqueaky wheel gets the grease

01506 421722

This number were taken from saynoto0870 if it works they mean you will be charged local rate only so feel free to hassle away

Paul K
13-03-2009, 12:29
If you are on sky talk use the 08442 number on the sky.com help center contact us page as it will be free too. Since I doubt very much they can tell where your card has been used I would guess its a system foul up and you are due a months free viewing as compensation.

m419
13-03-2009, 19:26
I have been with virgin for 8 years decided to go to sky for the hd.
Had the box fitted on the 15th Feb yes nice shinny new hd.
To cut a long story short yesterday the pause would not work said i needed to subscribe to sky+ what i thought,phoned tech support only to hear my accounnt had been closed had i breached my contract by using my sky card abroad???????????
I have not been abroad nor has my cards i have a hard drive full of recored stuff.
I spoke to cs who could not understand it and if sky has the tech to check its beign used abroad cant they see its still beign used in the uk???
So now i have had to send emails to sky yo get it resolved i thought in the uk your inocent till proven guilty.
Btw sky did not even contact me about this just cut me off where do i stand?
1 very new enoyed skyhd customer.:((((((

Well if they have ended the contract,they are not likely to reinstate it. Better off with Virgin's V+ service especially if you was with them for 8 years! Surely they will offer you something if you returned???

Noggo
13-03-2009, 20:04
I would take a trip over to Sky User forum (http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-hd/). Start a new thread off and see if anyone can help you resolve the problem more quickly.

m419
13-03-2009, 21:24
If they dont want his custom then they aren't obliged to keep him/her on as a customer. 3 did that to me, they said i breached the contract and they ended it, I didnt have to pay anymore money though, they would never say what I had done though which was weird.

Recently,I bought 3 pay as you go sim,plugged it in,registered my debit card and the same happened again, phoned customer services and india told me that security team had suspended my account,apparently im not allowed to use any of there services!!!! So i'm literally barred from 3!!! They keep telling me to write to there office in Glasgow, but just cant be bothered, what a waste of time!

We should bar 3 from the UK!

Welshchris
14-03-2009, 05:45
Well if they have ended the contract,they are not likely to reinstate it. Better off with Virgin's V+ service especially if you was with them for 8 years! Surely they will offer you something if you returned???

my sister was glad to get off Virgins V+ service, she had them for 12 months and on the day her contract ended she left.

The picture kept freezing, she would turn to channels and they would say she wasnt subscribed when she was, programs she would choose to record wouldnt record because of the subscription problems mentioned above would stop them and had to phone CS and in the end she had placed over 100 calls to CS in the 12 months she was with them and she was glad to go with Sky.