PDA

View Full Version : Dye Your Hair

wwe
05-03-2009, 00:42
say if you dye you hair can you do it so it turns back to how it was like in a few weeks or month

homealone
05-03-2009, 00:57
you can get hair dye that washes out, but that usually only applies to products that make a natural light colour darker.

Making dark colours lighter may require some bleaching & is not so easily reversible.

However hair grows about 1/4" to 1/2" a month and always grows back your natural colour, so at worst you can cut it all off & grow it back again :)

lauzjp
05-03-2009, 04:45
if you use "semi-permenant" or temporary colours it will wash out in a few weeks. just don't use the permenant ones! these are usually more pricey anyway. try stargazer, or have a look and see how many washes a dye lasts.

what colour hair have you got, & what colour are you wanting to go?

iFrankie
05-03-2009, 05:23
i went out in the rain one time with a semi permanent dye on, good job i wasnt in a public place i came back inside with black all down my face.. lol

Angua
05-03-2009, 09:49
If you are only going a shade or two different to your natural colour even permanent colours fade significantly after 8 weeks and if you have any grey even a very light brown will look dark for the first couple of washes. At least permanent doesn't run in the wet but if you are a different colour a root treatment will be required every 6 weeks or so.

Russ
05-03-2009, 09:54
About 10 years ago I decided to bleach what I had left.

Of course, no-one told me that the peroxide would burn several layers of skin from my exposed scalp :grind:

Once it all calmed down I ended up looking like a cross between the barman from Friends and Jimmy Sommerville, so it all got shaved off a few days later.

Kymmy
05-03-2009, 09:55
Once it all calmed down I ended up looking like a cross between the barman from Friends and Jimmy Sommerville, so it all got shaved off a few days later.

Any pictues ?????

:D:D:D:D

Russ
05-03-2009, 10:00
No

The Hitman
05-03-2009, 11:31
No

:LOL::rofl:

lucy7
05-03-2009, 11:41
say if you dye you hair can you do it so it turns back to how it was like in a few weeks or month

All I would say is be careful what you put on your hair.
Dont go for the cheapest hair dye out there, preferably go to a hairdressers.

My eldest rang me in tears one day last year, said she had dyed her hair to go a chestnut colour, and she had and turned ginger instesd, and all I could do was laugh!:)

superbiatch
05-03-2009, 11:47
Wasn't this exact same question asked by wwe maybe a year or two ago? :confused:

LSainsbury
05-03-2009, 19:49
:LOL::rofl:

Read: Yes - But I ain't stupid enough to post them here!! :D

Tezcatlipoca
05-03-2009, 22:57
I had a ponytail back during 6th Form / 1st year at University (way back in the mid-90s... :erm: I feel old :( )

Near the end of my first term at uni, I died my hair with a permanent hair dye (Clairol Nice 'n' Easy, IIRC...)... it was a kind of dark reddish colour...(I would have preferred black, but it would have looked even more stupid, given that I'm mousey blonde with fair skin).

After a few weeks or so, it faded... and turned ginger :(

I promptly had the ponytail cut off*, and then let the dye grow out & went back to natural.

*[And then later ceremoniously burned it while at the pub]

wwe
05-03-2009, 23:36
whats the best colour to go 2

homealone
06-03-2009, 00:04

that is entirely your decision - if you can't decide then don't do it ...

Callumpy
06-03-2009, 00:54
I have to use permanant dye on my hair because the wash out stuff wont take, also the red wouldnt take over the black :( it all washed straight off. So im stuck with my black hair.

Anyways, you can get some spray in dye that washes off in its first wash, or as said, the semi permanent dye will wash out :p:

---------- Post added at 00:54 ---------- Previous post was at 00:53 ----------

Black with a red fringe

wwe
06-03-2009, 01:17
im just thinking about doing it thats all i might not even do it is there lots of people who dye there hair

Fingy
06-03-2009, 09:40
Hair Dye? Whats that? :erm:

lauzjp
06-03-2009, 11:00
I used to use my mum's eyeshadow to put pink bits in my hair when I was in junior school!

I'm naturally dark, but hideous amounts of white now litter my poor head, and *nothing* will cover it for very long - believe me - I've tried them all! :rolleyes:

I've been bright red ( while awfully fond of a pink hoodie - stood out like a sore thumb on totp (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdLTh7qsVkU) :blush: ), blonde, and black of course. Would love to do some blue or pink bits again, but am scared to get the peroxide out again cos it just messes my hair up so bad; goes ridiculously matted and horrible - I feel Lily Allen's pain! Either her hair is really short under those extensions, or she is very high maintenance right now.

Russ
06-03-2009, 11:02
I am SO lucky....