PDA

View Full Version : My ASDA Complaint going well

Welshchris
25-02-2009, 23:06
Just after christmas i complained to Consumer wales and the ASA about ASDAs home shopping advert saying they deliver to the door. The reason i complained is because they have delivered here now three times and on the three times they have refused to bring it into the building and up in the lift where as tesco will. I complained to Asda store first of all and was told it was company policy for the drivers to not let the vans out of their sight where as Asda house which is their head office denied this saying the reason Swansea store have done this is because vans were broken into over christmas to which i replied well thats not my problem, im paying for a service ur advertising and ur not delivering the service. The manager of the home shopping also stated that they didnt have to deliver to flats and was going to look into having the block of flats i live in removed from their systems after i put in the complaint.

Anyway i just heard back from Consumer Wales and they are in agreement that the Advert is misleading and has now passed on the complaint to Swansea Trading Standards.

mischievious
25-02-2009, 23:30
Well done you win ish, ASDA will most prob change the wording and still not come to your door. you'll use Tesco instead, why so bitter?

If you're worried about the cost it'll prob work out to pennies

Welshchris
25-02-2009, 23:32
actually my weekly shopping is about £7 - £11 more with Tesco than Asda.

costs me £4 more on baked beans alone as ASDA do 4 x tins of HP for £1 where only good brand tesco stock are Heinz at £2.18 and since we eat a lot of beans it costs us a lot.

xocemp
25-02-2009, 23:32
So those willing to go to the entrance of the block to collect their delivery may now not be able to use the service offered by ASDA.
Oh.................

danielf
25-02-2009, 23:37
actually my weekly shopping is about £7 - £11 more with Tesco than Asda.

costs me £4 more on baked beans alone as ASDA do 4 x tins of HP for £1 where only good brand tesco stock are Heinz at £2.18 and since we eat a lot of beans it costs us a lot.

This week, I have been mostly eating beans

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/02/40.jpg

:)

idi banashapan
25-02-2009, 23:37
So those willing to go to the entrance of the block to collect their delivery may now not be able to use the service offered by ASDA.
Oh.................

lol - although funny, this is a very good point.

what a party pooper!!!

homealone
25-02-2009, 23:39
Oh.................

I was thinking that, one persons 'moral victory' - rest of the flats residents loss, nice one :(

Welshchris
25-02-2009, 23:42
They wouldnt even bring to the entrance of the flat without an argument thats another point. What they used to do was ring u and ask u to go and collect it from the van which is outside a big garden.

zing_deleted
25-02-2009, 23:44
what about those unable to leave their homes? cuts both ways.

Personally I think you have grounds to request refund of delivery charges

xocemp
25-02-2009, 23:45
Which would be easier than going the shop if you were elderly or had a few children in tow.

zing_deleted
25-02-2009, 23:46
what if your old and cant leave the flat? they say they wont bring it up ?as I said the arguement cuts both ways. If they are deliverng to dodgy areas with high crime rate there should be 2 of them anyway

idi banashapan
25-02-2009, 23:49
and if they didn't stay by the van, they might not be able to deliver at all the next time, from what they are saying!

maybe they should deliver in 2s. one stay with the van, the other take in the goods...

homealone
25-02-2009, 23:54
what if your old and cant leave the flat? they say they wont bring it up ?as I said the arguement cuts both ways. If they are deliverng to dodgy areas with high crime rate there should be 2 of them anyway

Which costs more & makes it more likely they won't deliver there - not good, I know, but there is no obligation for them to deliver in 'dodgy' areas ??

zing_deleted
25-02-2009, 23:55
but the tesco guy can do it? you know as well as I do chances are its cuz the driver cant be arsed

homealone
26-02-2009, 00:04
but the tesco guy can do it? you know as well as I do chances are its cuz the driver cant be arsed

Possibly the Tesco driver hasn't had his van done over, yet, we don't know ? - Having people who can collect from the bottom of the stairs ultimately reporting Asda to trading standards won't help, whether it is a driver issue, or not - and as said, it is the people who can't get beyond their door who will suffer.

I just think this could have been dealt with in a better way than one person feeling they are 'getting one over' on the supermarket by going 'public'.

The suggestion of a variation in the delivery charge sounded like a good idea - but, presumably, too late for that now??

Welshchris
26-02-2009, 00:05
what about those unable to leave their homes? cuts both ways.

Personally I think you have grounds to request refund of delivery charges

Basically what they state is if u cannot collect it from the van they will take the goods back until a time where they can arrange another delivery for someone to be there than can collect it and then charge u again for redelivery.

zing_deleted
26-02-2009, 00:13
Possibly the Tesco driver hasn't had his van done over, yet, we don't know ? - Having people who can collect from the bottom of the stairs ultimately reporting Asda to trading standards won't help, whether it is a driver issue, or not - and as said, it is the people who can't get beyond their door who will suffer.

I just think this could have been dealt with in a better way than one person feeling they are 'getting one over' on the supermarket by going 'public'.

The suggestion of a variation in the delivery charge sounded like a good idea - but, presumably, too late for that now??

Gaz how will they suffer? the asda driver already will not deliver to their door so they are no worse off ;)

mischievious
26-02-2009, 01:00
I can't believe this has gone on for two pages ;)

It is likely that not all delivery drivers are the same wether ASDA or TESCO. They tend to have similar contracts which which rightfully state they can refuse if any chance of personal injury could occur. This kind of statement will be interpreted differently by different drivers, e.g lazy vs diligent.

Due to this type of contract the company has to publicly support the driver even if they are privately involving hot coles and pokers etc?

P.S. You must reaaally know your beans :D

The Hitman
26-02-2009, 01:33

What color did you want the new van resprayed in ;):D

Welshchris
26-02-2009, 01:41
I can't believe this has gone on for two pages ;)

It is likely that not all delivery drivers are the same wether ASDA or TESCO. They tend to have similar contracts which which rightfully state they can refuse if any chance of personal injury could occur. This kind of statement will be interpreted differently by different drivers, e.g lazy vs diligent.

Due to this type of contract the company has to publicly support the driver even if they are privately involving hot coles and pokers etc?

P.S. You must reaaally know your beans :D

What personal injury could occur delivering shopping? lol if that was the case where personal injury could happen delivering shopping what would be the point in offering it?

Nidge
26-02-2009, 04:31
Just after christmas i complained to Consumer wales and the ASA about ASDAs home shopping advert saying they deliver to the door. The reason i complained is because they have delivered here now three times and on the three times they have refused to bring it into the building and up in the lift where as tesco will. I complained to Asda store first of all and was told it was company policy for the drivers to not let the vans out of their sight where as Asda house which is their head office denied this saying the reason Swansea store have done this is because vans were broken into over christmas to which i replied well thats not my problem, im paying for a service ur advertising and ur not delivering the service. The manager of the home shopping also stated that they didnt have to deliver to flats and was going to look into having the block of flats i live in removed from their systems after i put in the complaint.

Anyway i just heard back from Consumer Wales and they are in agreement that the Advert is misleading and has now passed on the complaint to Swansea Trading Standards.

Why don't you ask the driver to put it in your cupboards while he's at it? ASDA are right in what they say and if I were the driver I would leave it at the entrance to your building I would let the van leave my sight.

I work for DHL and we get told the same thing never leave your van, never go round the backs of houses, do not enter blocks of flats.

If you don't like it go to TESCO.

Chris
26-02-2009, 09:08
I was thinking that, one persons 'moral victory' - rest of the flats residents loss, nice one :(

I don't understand this willingness to cower at the corporate might of Asda. It's not welshchris' fault if the store manager or the home shopping manager, in a fit of petulance, starts threatening to remove the block from their delivery system.

All chris has asked for is for Asda to either provide the service they have advertised, and which he has paid for, or else change their advertising. That is his right as a consumer.

Large chains like Asda (or, indeed, Virgin Media, who have a very close working relationship with the ASA) are never going to be kept in line if everyone's afraid of them taking 'revenge' on customers who dare to complain about poor service.

lauzjp
26-02-2009, 10:25
wow, I must be really lucky then... :erm: All my deliveries (inc. tesco, asda, & dhl) come up the stairs to my flat door. And sometimes even in the flat, bless them. :D

Taf
26-02-2009, 10:31
We used to live on the 11th floor of a block of flats, serviced by 2 lifts. Only the postie would enter the building, all others buzzed from the ground floor security door, and someone had to go down to get whatever it was.

Having a double mattress exchanged under warranty was a PITA I can tell you, even though they advertised that the driver would do all the shifting. Ditto for a washing machine, a fridge freezer and a gas cooker. Complaints got nowhere.

Come to think of it, there was another person who came up to the flat... a conservatory salesman.....

dilli-theclaw
26-02-2009, 10:32
I've only tried asda home delivery - they put my stuff in the kitchen for me (on the floor) they even have a signiature guide to hand so I cna sign their little computer.

I'm not sure I'd be happy if they dumped it all on my doorstop or in front of the block of flats i live in tho.

zing_deleted
26-02-2009, 10:44
Why don't you ask the driver to put it in your cupboards while he's at it? ASDA are right in what they say and if I were the driver I would leave it at the entrance to your building I would let the van leave my sight.

I work for DHL and we get told the same thing never leave your van, never go round the backs of houses, do not enter blocks of flats.

If you don't like it go to TESCO.

A postman has to deliver to your door. If you are away from the house they are not allowed to give you mail by law. Sometimes they do sometimes they do not. A post office van delivering a registered or recorded packet/parcel would have to leave his/her van enter the building a deliver the package or leave it in the van do into the building and post a card saying its returned to the depot either way I am sure the post office manages where asda appears not to

How do you inform the customer his parcel is 100 yards away from where he lives then? Basically you are saying if there is no way to talk to the customer the first they will knwo about their parcel not coming is when they track it and it says returned to depot. Then when they rearrange they have to sit by their phone all day or sit on a deckchair outside and hope to catch ya

Actually I am starting to find this topic quite discriminating against those who dwell in flats. I realise crime happens but remember the end of crimewatch where they used to explain serious crime is rarer than you think(or words to that effect) yes some areas will be really dodgy in these areas it will not matter if you leave the van or not you will get a brick round your head and the stuff will be had away. These areas should be done in pairs anyway. A simple policy would be certain postcodes can only be delivered to at certain times. I think some companies are paranoid

AndyCambs
26-02-2009, 12:16
A postman has to deliver to your door. If you are away from the house they are not allowed to give you mail by law. Sometimes they do sometimes they do not. A post office van delivering a registered or recorded packet/parcel would have to leave his/her van enter the building a deliver the package or leave it in the van do into the building and post a card saying its returned to the depot either way I am sure the post office manages where asda appears not to

How do you inform the customer his parcel is 100 yards away from where he lives then? Basically you are saying if there is no way to talk to the customer the first they will knwo about their parcel not coming is when they track it and it says returned to depot. Then when they rearrange they have to sit by their phone all day or sit on a deckchair outside and hope to catch ya

Actually most flats would have post boxes (pidgeon holes) at the entrance where people get their post from. (I'm in no way suggesting that the Asda driver stuffs the beans through the letter box though...)

WHISTLED
26-02-2009, 12:24
Yeah why not get compo for mental anguish!?!

Stuart
26-02-2009, 13:13

Actually I am starting to find this topic quite discriminating against those who dwell in flats. I realise crime happens but remember the end of crimewatch where they used to explain serious crime is rarer than you think(or words to that effect) yes some areas will be really dodgy in these areas it will not matter if you leave the van or not you will get a brick round your head and the stuff will be had away. These areas should be done in pairs anyway. A simple policy would be certain postcodes can only be delivered to at certain times. I think some companies are paranoid

The postman does not have to deliver to your door. He has to deliver to your postbox, which can be elsewhere in the building.

As for parcels, the post office are not required to deliver the parcel to you. They can (and frequently do) ask that you go and collect it at the local sorting office. They do need to notify you it is there though.

ASDA (or any company offering a home shopping delivery service) are under no such obligations. If they feel their staff or equipment is in danger, they can refuse to deliver. Indeed, they are *required* to make sure their staff are safe.

None of which helps WelshChris.

Chris, this may not be particularly helpful, but have you considered going to another company? Waitrose/Ocado perhaps?

homealone
26-02-2009, 13:39
Gaz how will they suffer? the asda driver already will not deliver to their door so they are no worse off ;)

yes, logic breakdown, there, sorry :dozey:

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

I don't understand this willingness to cower at the corporate might of Asda. It's not welshchris' fault if the store manager or the home shopping manager, in a fit of petulance, starts threatening to remove the block from their delivery system.

All chris has asked for is for Asda to either provide the service they have advertised, and which he has paid for, or else change their advertising. That is his right as a consumer.

Large chains like Asda (or, indeed, Virgin Media, who have a very close working relationship with the ASA) are never going to be kept in line if everyone's afraid of them taking 'revenge' on customers who dare to complain about poor service.

I don't disagree with that, my point is that the complaint may have been more apt addressed to the local store, or Asda head office, in the first instance, rather than Consumer Wales & ultimately Trading Standards.

Chris
26-02-2009, 14:06
I don't disagree with that, my point is that the complaint may have been more apt addressed to the local store, or Asda head office, in the first instance, rather than Consumer Wales & ultimately Trading Standards.

But it was. From the OP:

I complained to Asda store first of all and was told it was company policy for the drivers to not let the vans out of their sight where as Asda house which is their head office denied this saying the reason Swansea store have done this is because vans were broken into over christmas to which i replied well thats not my problem, im paying for a service ur advertising and ur not delivering the service. The manager of the home shopping also stated that they didnt have to deliver to flats and was going to look into having the block of flats i live in removed from their systems after i put in the complaint.

homealone
26-02-2009, 14:08
But it was. From the OP:

ooops, sorry, missed that, apologies ....

lauzjp
26-02-2009, 17:16
Actually most flats would have post boxes (pidgeon holes) at the entrance where people get their post from. (I'm in no way suggesting that the Asda driver stuffs the beans through the letter box though...)

:erm: I live on an estate full of flats. There be no postboxes here, which is probably just as well, as people would use them for dropping off er, other things. Which is why we have fewer phone boxes.

Chris, this may not be particularly helpful, but have you considered going to another company? Waitrose/Ocado perhaps? ooh Waitrose / Ocado are lovely. They always bring stuff in to the flat, the colour co-ordinated bags x for fridge, y for cupboard, z for frozen are brilliant, and they put the bags next to each thing and ask would I like any help unpacking, would I like the bags taken away!? *sigh* shame they cost a bit more, but they are super. ;)

MartJ
26-02-2009, 17:40
Perhaps its a dikta from Asda's American Owners WalMart not to deliver to flats.

Stuart
26-02-2009, 17:40
:erm: I live on an estate full of flats. There be no postboxes here, which is probably just as well, as people would use them for dropping off er, other things. Which is why we have fewer phone boxes.

In my experience it seems to be individual blocks of flats, or those in private estates that have post boxes by the front door. For example, a friend of mine used to live (until the beginning of December) in a new private estate with three skyscrapers full of flats, and each of the tennants in the sky scrapers had a postbox near the front door of the building.

Council estates tend not to.

Welshchris
26-02-2009, 19:19
We used to live on the 11th floor of a block of flats, serviced by 2 lifts. Only the postie would enter the building, all others buzzed from the ground floor security door, and someone had to go down to get whatever it was.

Having a double mattress exchanged under warranty was a PITA I can tell you, even though they advertised that the driver would do all the shifting. Ditto for a washing machine, a fridge freezer and a gas cooker. Complaints got nowhere.

Come to think of it, there was another person who came up to the flat... a conservatory salesman.....

This is what i dont get u see, it cant be because i live in flats, i had a new bed delivered, they brought it up in flatpacks in the lift and even took it into the bedroom ready for me to assemble, i had 2 sofas delivered from Argos again they were brought in the lift on a trolly and into my living room. I really dont know what ASDA's problem is.

zing_deleted
26-02-2009, 19:20
From this thread Chris it apears as you are lol

idi banashapan
26-02-2009, 20:17
just needed to push for a discount if he goes down to collect it. that would have sufficed really. it just becomes a hollow victory in the name of principle other wise.

superbiatch
26-02-2009, 20:59
This is what i dont get u see, it cant be because i live in flats, i had a new bed delivered, they brought it up in flatpacks in the lift and even took it into the bedroom ready for me to assemble, i had 2 sofas delivered from Argos again they were brought in the lift on a trolly and into my living room. I really dont know what ASDA's problem is.

I have the same problem as you Chris - live on the 4th floor of a 14 storey apartment block and can't get my shopping delivered - even though i'm in a quite an affluent area, with low crime rates. Budget wise it makes sense for me to do one 'friday big shop' a month and then buy as i go - but because of Asda's reluctance to even help me to lift (which would help a bit!), i shop weekly and probably spend more than i actually want to.

The answer is www.mysupermarket.co.uk (http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk) - compare the prices of the other three supermarkets (not asda obviously) and go with the cheapest.

mischievious
26-02-2009, 22:10
What personal injury could occur delivering shopping? lol if that was the case where personal injury could happen delivering shopping what would be the point in offering it?

Personally I agree, but the decision in the end is down to the driver. ASDA cannot force the driver to take to the door let alone inside.

I have had a very mixed bag of delivery drivers in the past from those that actually would risk the chance at serious personal injury to make sure you are happy (I had a cast iron fireplace delivered which he helped with) up to those that consider simply driving as close to your house as the vehicle can get enough. If the driver states that he was concerned about personal injury then there is not much the company can do.

I know the case can then be twisted to the point that driving could be considered dangerous but I have never heard of anyone doing that. I have seen many times people claiming back issues in an office environment just to get a better chair though.... Back issues seem to be a sore subject

Welshchris
27-02-2009, 00:55
well i recieved a letter today from their head office stating that the matter has now been sent to the store manager for his attention which he will also hear from the local trading standards also aswell as their head office.

roadwolf
27-02-2009, 13:44
Welshchris, am I missing something here? Why can't you go to the store to shop like the majority of us do?:confused::confused:

AndyCambs
27-02-2009, 14:56
Perhaps its a dikta from Asda's American Owners WalMart not to deliver to flats.

Wouldn't it be apartments or condos then? :D

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

Welshchris, am I missing something here? Why can't you go to the store to shop like the majority of us do?:confused::confused:

I do have to sympathise somewhat - there might be an elderly or disabled person and this is the only way they can shop

idi banashapan
27-02-2009, 16:44
I do have to sympathise somewhat - there might be an elderly or disabled person and this is the only way they can shop

but does complaining to the point whereby ASDA take the building off their deliverable address listings not become a hollow victory of principles for the fact there may well be a number of people who don't mind walking down some stairs to get their shopping? (which in all honesty is a still a LOT less hassle than going to the shop itself!) Or indeed, just saying to oneself, ASDA won't do what Tesco do, so I'll shop with them instead, and cough up the extra £5?

Welshchris
27-02-2009, 19:19

1. I have 5 collapsed disks in my spine and cant carry heavy things.
2. ASDA is about a 20 min drive and i dont have a car, + no busses go near it.

WHISTLED
27-02-2009, 19:27
Ultimately the drivers will not have to carry your shopping to the flat, health and safety etc (lift or otherwise).

What I suspect will happen is they remove your postcode from their delivery areas/systems, there will be no issue in doing so as they can select their delivery areas without consultation.

That wont require any change to the advertising nor will they have to chnage process/policy.

You and your neighbours will however no longer have the facility

zing_deleted
27-02-2009, 19:31
Ultimately the drivers will not have to carry your shopping to the flat, health and safety etc (lift or otherwise).

What I suspect will happen is they remove your postcode from their delivery areas/systems, there will be no issue in doing so as they can select their delivery areas without consultation.

That wont require any change to the advertising nor will they have to chnage process/policy.

You and your neighbours will however no longer have the facility

Tescos do it so that excuse does not wash

Welshchris
27-02-2009, 19:56

So will iceland do it also.

idi banashapan
27-02-2009, 20:05
then why not just shop with tesco or iceland, instead of putting others out by making such a stick that ASDA look into taking the building off their deliverable addresses? hardly fair on those who don;t mind or are able to go downstairs.

mischievious
27-02-2009, 20:27
Tesco and ADSA have different drivers. It hasn't really been established that a Tesco drive would indeed travel to said floor in a block of flats over that of an ASDA driver. This was merely a point of reference. If the TESCO driver is an ass then maybe you're not better off after all ;)

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

So will iceland do it also.

Don't know, however given your current disability and no car I really do feel for you. Iceland do not offer an internet service so have to either know what you want???? or travel to the store and when you pay ask for it to be delivered.... I miss the days when internet ordering were poss with iceland I used to save loads, £40 of shopping filled my freezer :p:

Welshchris
27-02-2009, 20:39
then why not just shop with tesco or iceland, instead of putting others out by making such a stick that ASDA look into taking the building off their deliverable addresses? hardly fair on those who don;t mind or are able to go downstairs.

because they r more expensive than than what ASDA are and at the end of the day as we have been over if they advertise a service then they should provide it.

idi banashapan
27-02-2009, 20:44
they should, but evidently, they are not, so it leaves you no choice... why hot headedly ruin a service for others who may be quite happy collecting at the block doors? seems very selfish.

Welshchris
27-02-2009, 22:01
they should, but evidently, they are not, so it leaves you no choice... why hot headedly ruin a service for others who may be quite happy collecting at the block doors? seems very selfish.

and if u read what ive put it will explain quite evidently why i cant collect at the doors. How do u expect someone who has 5 prolasped disks in his spine to carry all the shopping in and to the lift and then out of the lift and then into the flat when they are getting paid to bring it to the flat door on a trolly which they have.

piggy
27-02-2009, 22:17
and if u read what ive put it will explain quite evidently why i cant collect at the doors. How do u expect someone who has 5 prolasped disks in his spine to carry all the shopping in and to the lift and then out of the lift and then into the flat when they are getting paid to bring it to the flat door on a trolly which they have.

you sir have to much time on your hands!! asda and anybody else can deliver where they like and also local conditions apply, you will not win all you will do is get your property blacklisted so whats the point?

Welshchris
27-02-2009, 22:39
Piggy, if local conditions apply in the way u say it does, why have Consumer Direct pointed out that the advert is misleading?

danielf
27-02-2009, 22:41
Chris: couldn't you get trolley of your own and ask if the ASDA staff can load the shopping onto your trolley, which you could then (hopefully) take into the lift/to your front door yourself?

mischievious
27-02-2009, 22:41

I honestly do sympathise with your predicament however did you explain this to ASDA when you ordered? It looks as though the argument has now hit a deadlock e.g. your need for shopping to your flat door vs a drivers right to refuse delivery.

Obviously a need for change is required, I went to the ASDA website and it does indeed say "Direct to your Door" without any asterisks nor numbers suggesting any kind of clause. I and anyone who knows a delivery driver does or should know there are clauses concerning H&S.

It would be a little ironic that a delivery driver should endure the fate of 5 prolapsed disks caused whilst delivering shopping to a man with the exact same ailment..... ;)

piggy
27-02-2009, 22:51
Piggy, if local conditions apply in the way u say it does, why have Consumer Direct pointed out that the advert is misleading?

i agree the advert is misleading but so what? why spend time and energy on a problem you will not win.

Tech_Boy
27-02-2009, 22:52
ASDA is about a 20 min drive and i dont have a car, + no busses go near it.

you are not talking about the Asda in Llansamlett/Morriston are you?
As that Asda has a bus stop in the car park, and 2 bus stops on the A48 that runs along side the carpark (one either way).

mischievious
27-02-2009, 23:07
I think he may well win a moral victory but yes it will be hollow, TS will force ASDA to change their wording or add something to show sub-clauses....

In a wider sense then should we accept this as right? In the sense that though unlikely the case will be won in the sense that chris gets guaranteed groceries to his door (though he may well get a diligent del driver for many years, ASDA??) vs whether welshchris "should" win?

Sorry at this point I have to ask a harmless question, why the alias welshchris? I suspect that you may be welsh but why do I need to know that immediately?

Chris
27-02-2009, 23:16
Sorry at this point I have to ask a harmless question, why the alias welshchris? I suspect that you may be welsh but why do I need to know that immediately?

Why at this point? There is a thread where people can discuss their choice of user name already, but it's pretty ancient. If you want to know badly enough, go and search for it. ;)

Meantime let's stick to the topic.

mischievious
27-02-2009, 23:22
Apologies I assume I have just had my bottom smacked.... ;)

Welshchris
27-02-2009, 23:23
wtf was that about?

Chris
27-02-2009, 23:24
Apologies I assume I have just had my bottom smacked.... ;)No, just lined up in my sights ... ;)

idi banashapan
28-02-2009, 00:44

and if you read what I wrote, I didn't tell you to go and meet them at the door since you explained your situation. my point is that not everyone has a bad back and some of the people in your block may well have been happy to collect at the door / from the van, as it still saves them going to the supermarket. but your persistent heckling of ASDA regarding the situation may well mean they will no longer deliver there at all. this is why I said, instead of ruining it for others, just shop elsewhere. everything is not you. jeez.

Peter_
28-02-2009, 06:40
I presume that you have told all your neighbours as a courtesy what you are doing and because of this issue you may have gotten the building blacklisted as undeliverable by ASDA as they do actually need to be made aware as to why they can no longer order from them online and expect a delivery due to the blacklisting.

Chris
28-02-2009, 09:41
I think everyone here who is claiming that welshchris is the one 'ruining' things for his neighbours is being grossly unfair on him. His complaint is entirely reasonable. Asda's response is not, and smacks of petty revenge.

Lay the blame at the correct door, please, people.

LondonRoad
28-02-2009, 10:13
I think everyone here who is claiming that welshchris is the one 'ruining' things for his neighbours is being grossly unfair on him. His complaint is entirely reasonable. Asda's response is not, and smacks of petty revenge.

I'm with you and Welshchris on that. It is Asda that are being unreasonable and credit to Welshchris for not letting them walk over the top of him. :tu:

Peter_
28-02-2009, 20:02

I agree that ASDA are being petty as all big businesses can be, but all I am saying is that he should keep his fellow neighbours fully informed of what is happening and maybe this could be a good opportunity to get the local press involved as a company such as ASDA would not like such a negative argument as this to be publicised.

Tech_Boy
28-02-2009, 20:31
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question.
As that Asda has a bus stop in the car park, and 2 bus stops on the A48 that runs along side the carpark (one either way).

Chris
28-02-2009, 20:38
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question.

You may not get one - nobody here is under any obligation to reveal what part of the country they live in or where they do their shopping.

Stuart
28-02-2009, 20:45

On the other hand why attack someone who came here for help?

The fact is that ASDA do promise to deliver to the door. While they do not specify the Building door, or the door to the flat, most people would assume that delivery to the door means delivery to their front door. Consumer Wales clearly agreed that this ad is misleading.

Now, it *is* ASDA's right to decide where to deliver, and it *is* a requirement of law that ASDA ensure their staff are safe. I am not disputing those facts. But ASDA do not have the right to lie on their ads. No company should advertise a service if they are not going to deliver it as advertised. Look at Virgin..

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

Although it is worth noting that if Chris is unable to get his shopping from the front door of the building, he is likely to be unable to get it from his nearest bus stop or from the car..

Tech_Boy
28-02-2009, 21:01
Although it is worth noting that if Chris is unable to get his shopping from the front door of the building, he is likely to be unable to get it from his nearest bus stop or from the car..

well he stated the following reason for not going to the store in his previous post

"Originally Posted by Welshchris
ASDA is about a 20 min drive and i dont have a car, + no busses go near it."

Which if he is talking about the only store in Swansea is rubbish, as I pointed out in my original post in this thread.

idi banashapan
28-02-2009, 21:07
On the other hand why attack someone who came here for help?

'Attack' is a bit harsh. and I thought the thread was more about keeping forum members up to date judging by the title, rather than asking for help.

The fact is that ASDA do promise to deliver to the door. While they do not specify the Building door, or the door to the flat, most people would assume that delivery to the door means delivery to their front door. Consumer Wales clearly agreed that this ad is misleading.

assumption simply causes problems. people should pay more attention to wording when it comes to companies covering their legal standing on 'promises' to consumers.

Now, it *is* ASDA's right to decide where to deliver, and it *is* a requirement of law that ASDA ensure their staff are safe. I am not disputing those facts. But ASDA do not have the right to lie on their ads. No company should advertise a service if they are not going to deliver it as advertised. Look at Virgin..

I don't think ASDA are lying. for one, they did deliver to doors, but found their vans began to get vandalised, thus they are having to review the situation. something that is out of their control really. secondly, if they are taking items to a buildings front entrance, then they have not lied at all. they have technically done what they said they would do.

as for the whole 'up to' thing, again, technically they are supplying. again, it's people who have been caught out because they did not read the small print or assumed something. but your point is valid, I would not expect to consistently see 2Mb speed when paying for 20Mb. that said, if I did only ever see 2Mb speeds, I would just change provider. same could be applied to this scenario.

Stuart
28-02-2009, 21:22
'Attack' is a bit harsh. and I thought the thread was more about keeping forum members up to date judging by the title, rather than asking for help.

Maybe the phrasing is a little harsh, but people on this thread have accused the OP of potentially ruining things for his neighbours while apparently letting ASDA off scot free.

assumption simply causes problems. people should pay more attention to wording when it comes to companies covering their legal standing on 'promises' to consumers.

Assumption does cause problems which is why ASDA should have been more specific in their ads.

I don't think ASDA are lying. for one, they did deliver to doors, but found their vans began to get vandalised, thus they are having to review the situation. something that is out of their control really. secondly, if they are taking items to a buildings front entrance, then they have not lied at all. they have technically done what they said they would do.

Lie was a strong phrasing. They have mislead people though..

as for the whole 'up to' thing, again, technically they are supplying. again, it's people who have been caught out because they did not read the small print or assumed something. but your point is valid, I would not expect to consistently see 2Mb speed when paying for 20Mb. that said, if I did only ever see 2Mb speeds, I would just change provider. same could be applied to this scenario.

That is actually one of the things I suggested earlier. If, for any reason, I am unhappy with a company, I change companies. It's also something I recommend to people having an excessive amount of problems with Virgin Media.

idi banashapan
28-02-2009, 21:24
That is actually one of the things I suggested earlier. If, for any reason, I am unhappy with a company, I change companies. It's also something I recommend to people having an excessive amount of problems with Virgin Media.

likewise, I said the same thing earlier in this thread too.

Or indeed, just saying to oneself, ASDA won't do what Tesco do, so I'll shop with them instead, and cough up the extra £5?