PDA

View Full Version : a ‘negative picture of Western life’.

papa smurf
20-02-2009, 18:20
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1150753/Some-Muslim-schools-make-children-despise-West-Ban-cricket-Harry-Potter.html

"Some Islamic schools are promoting fundamentalist views and encouraging children to despise Western society, a report warns."[from the article ]

very disturbing if true,
there's some rum ideas of what is /isn't allowed .;)

punky
20-02-2009, 18:37
If Muslims can't play cricket then how do Pakistani national cricket team get on?

WTF is this about?: "The Holy Prophet stated the person who plays chess is like the one who dips his hands in the blood of a swine." ???

Russ
20-02-2009, 18:40
If Muslims can't play cricket then how do Pakistani national cricket team get on?

I guess none of them are Muslim?

In anycase, this article doesn't seem much worse than the picture of Muslims that the Mail usually paints....

papa smurf
20-02-2009, 18:40

WTF is this about?: "The Holy Prophet stated the person who plays chess is like the one who dips his hands in the blood of a swine." ???

i did say there were some rum ideas :)

slug
20-02-2009, 18:52
"The Holy Prophet stated the person who plays chess is like the one who dips his hands in the blood of a swine." ???

Almost as bad as this one

"When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets:

Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her."

Deuteronomy 25:11-12

lucy7
25-02-2009, 20:12
Daily Mail again...........................

MartJ
25-02-2009, 20:18
Daily Mail again...........problem is some people actually beleive what they print is true!!!!!!!!!

lucy7
25-02-2009, 20:33
Daily Mail again...........problem is some people actually beleive what they print is true!!!!!!!!!

Not me!

So sick of seeing this paper quoted as gospel on forums!!!!

Hugh
25-02-2009, 21:15
Not me!

So sick of seeing this paper quoted as gospel on forums!!!!
I think you will find that is the Star.......