PDA

View Full Version : HD ruined my box

Kisageru
19-02-2009, 17:21
i have recently installed the hd cable, but now my screen is black and i cant watch tv, furthermore i cant uninstall the HD, i have tried to remove the hd cable, remove the cable and reset the box, tried every channel on my tv and nothing works. and yes my tv is hd.

i need help i cant live without tv

moaningmags
19-02-2009, 17:51
Call tv faults they will talk you through resetting it back to SD.

Toto
19-02-2009, 18:14
i have recently installed the hd cable, but now my screen is black and i cant watch tv, furthermore i cant uninstall the HD, i have tried to remove the hd cable, remove the cable and reset the box, tried every channel on my tv and nothing works. and yes my tv is hd.

i need help i cant live without tv

Have you tried this?

Q: I've set my V+ output to HDMI or Component, but I don't have an HDTV and now I can't see any pictures
A: Hold in the Stop and Play/Pause buttons on the front panel, and press Reset. Keep Stop and Play/Pause held in until the display says 'boot'.
After a few seconds the display should say 'outpt'. Press the Fast Forward button several times until the display says 'Sd', then press OK. Wait for the V+ to reboot then you should be back in SCART mode.

moaningmags
19-02-2009, 18:16
When following Toto's instructions, make sure you use the front of the cable box and not the remote control like I tried to do :)

on in an hour!
19-02-2009, 18:17
When following Toto's instructions, make sure you use the front of the cable box and not the remote control like I tried to do :)
ya numpty!!! :D :D :D

moaningmags
19-02-2009, 18:19
LOL I work in TSC not FMC :)

Kisageru
20-02-2009, 12:58
wow thankyou, you saved me :monkey: they were going to charge me for an engineer to come out!

Toto
20-02-2009, 16:36
wow thankyou, you saved me :monkey: they were going to charge me for an engineer to come out!

Excellent news. :)

CraigC
01-12-2009, 20:28
Hi,
I've just got the same problem today - my HD TV has been taken away for repair and I can't get a picture through the scart. I've tried changing the settings "blind" and tried the method suggested on the thread but can't get anything to work.

My box doesn't have a play or stop button on the front nor does it have a reset button. It's a pretty new V+HD box though so not sure if they have changed design since this was originally posted.

I've found that it says where there is no reset button hold the standby button down - done this and the word "LOAD" appears, but no pressing of play/stop on the remote does anything and it just appears to reboot.

At the start of the process i get a message from the box saying my digital tv service will start shortly but then I guess it reverts back to HD and it all goes away.

Frustrating.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Stuart
01-12-2009, 20:55
Hi,
I've just got the same problem today - my HD TV has been taken away for repair and I can't get a picture through the scart. I've tried changing the settings "blind" and tried the method suggested on the thread but can't get anything to work.

My box doesn't have a play or stop button on the front nor does it have a reset button. It's a pretty new V+HD box though so not sure if they have changed design since this was originally posted.

I've found that it says where there is no reset button hold the standby button down - done this and the word "LOAD" appears, but no pressing of play/stop on the remote does anything and it just appears to reboot.

At the start of the process i get a message from the box saying my digital tv service will start shortly but then I guess it reverts back to HD and it all goes away.

Frustrating.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

This is the Samsung V+.. I think you may need to contact customer support...

CraigC
01-12-2009, 21:15
Sorted....It is indeed the Samsung model.

At the very bottom of this thread...:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/101/33605855-v-faq.html

It tells you to put the scart into the vcr socket - this is supposed to allow you to see the menus and therefore change the display settings.

However, I'm getting everything through the vcr one so i'm just going to leave it there till my beloved HD TV is back!

Cheers!