PDA

View Full Version : Sky+HD questions...

Sumanji
10-02-2009, 20:16
Hey,

Just thinking about Sky+HD, as there's a pretty good offer on (free fitting and £50 box).

We currently have a really old Sky dish and digibox (circa 2002?) which we are just watching free channels on at the moment (no subscription). Just wondering if they will install a new dish and cabling, or will they just re-use the old kit? If possible I want to keep the current equipment and maybe have it re-routed to a bedroom to continue using. Rather than pay £10pm for multiroom!

Also thinking of taking Broadband Connect with them for £17pm, as we currently pay £25 for Zen Active ADSL. Is the Sky BB Connect service any good? We went with Zen as they have excellent CS and reliability, so it'd be nice not to compromise on this.

Thanks,

Suman

Matth
11-02-2009, 23:24
Could get complicated, a lot of Sky deals are based on not having already used a discount offer with them.

The Sky+ / Sky+ HD needs a dual LNB (quad for any other equipment as well) so the dish would need the LNB changed even if then original dish was used.

If you terminate channel subscription, you can no longer use the recording function unless you pay a separate Sky+ subscription.

Disappointing that you cannot receive the "main" Sky Broadband, as that is pretty decent and the price unbeatable (if you want Sky anyway).

Tezcatlipoca
12-02-2009, 00:23
Is the Sky BB Connect service any good?

Unlike Sky BB Base/Mid/Max (all LLU services), Sky BB Connect is a re-sold BT Wholesale ADSLMax service, & is subject to traffic management.

As to whether it is any good... some have no problem, while others find the traffic management rather excessive.

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-broadband-help/251-sky-broadband-fup-fair-useage-policy.html

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-broadband-help/27611-sky-connect-broadband-you-being-slowed-down.html

Sumanji
17-02-2009, 20:23
Ok cool thanks Matt(s) lol

My parents use maybe 3 or 4GB per month... when I am not around :p: