PDA

View Full Version : Issues in Stoke on Trent today?

scoobydoo[uk]
05-02-2009, 15:19
Is anyone having speed issues in stoke on trent today?.

Web browsing is painfully slow and newsgroups are un-useable.

Checked on the status page and no known issues although theres a the broadband dot is red!?.

Ignitionnet
05-02-2009, 15:59
You guys got 50Mbit today and the overlay network, wonder if there's some teething trouble or if it's just a local issue to yourself?

murfitUK
05-02-2009, 16:16
No worse than I've had to put up with for the last five years - although my email accounts are now not responding.

slowcoach
05-02-2009, 17:03
Email has been down all day here, earlier VM site was unreachable.

scoobydoo[uk]
05-02-2009, 17:19
Currently got a connection back after speaking to c/s for ages, my modem is 5yrs old so they are sending a new one out.
Not that this has anything to do with it, its a network issue in stoke at the moment as my mate is also having terrible speeds.

Surfing web pages isnt too bad now, but my newsgroups have dropped from 2.34mb/sec to 300k.
Fingers crossed they are working on it

scoobydoo[uk]
06-02-2009, 00:22
Looks like i might have been traffic managed for some reason, bang on midnight my speeds jumped back up to 20mb speeds.

I hadnt broke any STM during the day so i dont know when all of a sudden my speeds became correct again at midnight.

Any ideas?

scoobydoo[uk]
06-02-2009, 10:44
I was wrong about being traffic managed, after getting full 20mb for about 15mins my connection died down to less than 5mb.

This mormning it was even worse, less than 4mb, rebooted my modem 4 times, on the 4th time my speeds are back to normal now.

How long this will last i dont know though.

Maybe the modem is on its way out?

jingleman
06-02-2009, 12:13
Email has been down all day here, earlier VM site was unreachable.

I've only just been able to access e-mail. There would appear to be some missing (12 hours worth), hopefully they will flow over shortly.

jingleman
06-02-2009, 15:14
Missing e-mails now coming through.

scoobydoo[uk]
07-02-2009, 10:35
Just incase anyone else was having problems in Stoke.

Tech support said i needed a new modem, tech support via newsgroups said my power levels were too high and a tech is coming out today to sort those.

Im no tech but as my speeds went belly up when 50mb was switched on in stoke on thursday i thought that may have had something to do with it!!!!. although tech support said no, thats got nothing to do with it.

After re-booting my modem this morning, speeds are back to normal!, looks like it was a network issue!.

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 ----------

Spook too soon.

Speeds back down below 2mb.. arrggghhhh