PDA

View Full Version : Problem with virgin landline

DC_FC79
29-01-2009, 20:25
Ive got a problem with our virgin phone, i cant make or receive calls, is there anything i can check, it was fine the other day as i had a call

Scrubbs
29-01-2009, 20:37
swap it with another phone, a relatives or neighbours to see if it's the hand set

DC_FC79
29-01-2009, 20:49
swap it with another phone, a relatives or neighbours to see if it's the hand set

well ive got the phone working as such, before you couldnt dial a number as there was no tone but now i dial a number and it rang, ill try another phone in the socket tomorrow

Scrubbs
29-01-2009, 20:52
sounds like it is/was a bad connector, plug

DC_FC79
29-01-2009, 20:59
sounds like it is/was a bad connector, plug

its now playing silly beggers and it wont ring when i dial a number

Scrubbs
29-01-2009, 21:26
It's not a cable free, mobile type, that sits in a cradle is it ?( can't think of the word, the drugs are kicking in:D)
'cos it might have a flat battery?

DC_FC79
29-01-2009, 22:06
It's not a cable free, mobile type, that sits in a cradle is it ?( can't think of the word, the drugs are kicking in:D)
'cos it might have a flat battery?

no its a normal phone, its a cable free type of phone that sits in a cradle when not used, the batteris fine as theres a small symbol which represents the battery of the phone and its charged

ive just had another try and its still not working,

DC_FC79
30-01-2009, 10:10
Ok well this morning the phone seems fine, maybe there was a fault last night

shashamane
31-01-2009, 13:44
I am having the same problem. Just noticed in the past day or so the the phone has stopped working (no incoming/outgoing calls, no dial tone) cables are all ok, plugged in and batteries fine (it is also the cradle type).

This happened on and off before and I thought the problem must be with my phone, so I replaced it with a new one. Clearly it is another type of problem. Still not working today.

roland69uk
31-01-2009, 22:37
I am having the same problem. Just noticed in the past day or so the the phone has stopped working (no incoming/outgoing calls, no dial tone) cables are all ok, plugged in and batteries fine (it is also the cradle type).

This happened on and off before and I thought the problem must be with my phone, so I replaced it with a new one. Clearly it is another type of problem. Still not working today.

Same here, mine was playing up yesterday a friend tried to phone me and it rang once and went dead, today i went to use the phone and nothing but static and now nothing, i have someone coming to have a look at it on monday morning