PDA

View Full Version : Telewest branded kit in a house I viewed

timking
24-01-2009, 16:57
Hi :) I wonder if anyone can help (and if this is the right forum?). I viewed a house I like today, and it had Telewest branded gear in for the TV and the usual small box that brings the cable in from outside. I put the postcode into Virgin's site and it tells me it isn't a cabled area.

Is this because it's not been brought into the Virgin network fully as yet, or could it just be down to their postcode records not being correct? Will hopefully get the landline number next week, but was getting impatient seeing if I shoudl get Virgin or Sky etc

Cheers :)

Stuart
24-01-2009, 17:48
Hi :) I wonder if anyone can help (and if this is the right forum?). I viewed a house I like today, and it had Telewest branded gear in for the TV and the usual small box that brings the cable in from outside. I put the postcode into Virgin's site and it tells me it isn't a cabled area.

Is this because it's not been brought into the Virgin network fully as yet, or could it just be down to their postcode records not being correct? Will hopefully get the landline number next week, but was getting impatient seeing if I shoudl get Virgin or Sky etc

Cheers :)

It's probably because their postcode checker is wrong. The Virgin network is the same one used by Telewest. They aren't installing a new network.

timking
24-01-2009, 18:57
It's probably because their postcode checker is wrong. The Virgin network is the same one used by Telewest. They aren't installing a new network.

Ah excellent, cheers for that :)

indie1982
25-01-2009, 09:19
Yeah, even some of their internal systems are wrong, when I first wanted cable services I rang ntl and they told me they weren't in my area.... Until I told them the shop below my flat had an ntl phone line, had to persuade them to escalate it and the next day someone called me and said I could be connected.