PDA

View Full Version : ITV i-player

hokkers999
19-01-2009, 18:33
My daughter often watches Eastenders on the bbc player and it always just works, smoothly with no problems.

She tried to watch this new itv player yesterday - awful rubbish. It doesn't buffer so you can't pause to build up some slack. Hit pause and it stops downloading!

ITV's servers appear to have some serious capacity issues, it stop every few minutes for 5-20 seconds and then started again.

Or was it just vm's network again?

Everything else was working fine.

General Maximus
19-01-2009, 18:42
probably just ITV. I can't believe they would under fund the bandwidth they have available for their iplayer because that is the way things are going these days and they need to compete with Sky and the BBC. You should try again later to see if they were just having an off-moment

JackSon
20-01-2009, 22:18
I'd vote for the ITV player simply being mince. BBC iPlayer kicks it into a cocked hat any day. The only usability I could get from ITV was when they streamed stuff live like the F1 - anything that was recorded was just stacked with errors, programmes failing after advert breaks etc.

hokkers999
21-01-2009, 00:12
I'd vote for the ITV player simply being mince. BBC iPlayer kicks it into a cocked hat any day. The only usability I could get from ITV was when they streamed stuff live like the F1 - anything that was recorded was just stacked with errors, programmes failing after advert breaks etc.

That pretty much sums it up. :p:

yingying
12-08-2009, 01:46
:confused:

HI i am fed up trying to even log into the I itv player and trying to watch it is even worse all i get is the adverts and then it stops inbetween i really wish they would sort this out , It is frustrating :confused

webcrawler2050
12-08-2009, 01:49
I use the ITV player a fair bit, works fine for me with no problems. The same can be said, about the Channel 5 Player, no problems there either.

Ben B
12-08-2009, 02:05
I use it and it's fine for me once I installed Silverlight