PDA

View Full Version : Being showered with junk mail by BT!

m419
16-01-2009, 17:23
So who else is being showered with junk mail by BT??? I'm getting every 2 to 3 weeks trying to get me to sign up and order a BT line.

They are trying to sell me BT Total Broadband and Unlimited landline calls.

So my current deal is this:

Virgin Phone XL package(Talk Unlimited) £9 per month
Virgin phone line rental: £11 per month
Virgin TV XL package: £22 per month
Virgin Broadband M package: £18 per month(2MB speed)
Caller Display: £1.75 per month
Bundle Discount: £8.00-

Total: £53.75

So if i went with BT's offer:

BT Telephone Line rental: £11.50 per month
BT Total Broadband option 3: £24 per month
Unlimited landline calls: £9 per month
Caller Display: £0.00

Total: £66.50 per month

And then add a £122 charge for a new line on top of that £66.50, nearly £189 for first bill!

So from that comparison sticking with all 3 services from Virgin Media is still cheaper than BT!

Furthermore, who BT Total Broadband option 3 is the equivalent of Virgin Media's M and L package, my neighbours have BT Total Broadband option 3 and they just about get 1MB, so who in the right mind would pay BT £24 for 1MB Broadband and unlimited downloads when you can get 10MB and unlimited downloads for £25 or even 2mb and unlimited downloads for £18 which is still more than what BT are offering for your money!

That just shows how uncompetitive BT really are!

icestar2
16-01-2009, 22:19
I get a similar problem from SKY. We get a leaflet with a diffrent offer on it through the door every 2 weeks or so. I've had 2 in one week a couple times. Just gets annoying after a while. Wasting paper tbh.

webcrawler2050
17-01-2009, 19:49
This could be the direct result of spoofing etc etc. Speak to BT they *might* be able to do something about it

m419
18-01-2009, 09:06
I used to get the ones from Sky too, I complained and they stopped.

Charlie_Bubble
18-01-2009, 11:26
So who else is being showered with junk mail by BT??? I'm getting every 2 to 3 weeks trying to get me to sign up and order a BT line.

They are trying to sell me BT Total Broadband and Unlimited landline calls.

So my current deal is this:

Virgin Phone XL package(Talk Unlimited) £9 per month
Virgin phone line rental: £11 per month
Virgin Broadband M package: £18 per month(2MB speed)
Caller Display: £1.75 per month
Bundle Discount: £8.00-

Total: £53.75

So if i went with BT's offer:

BT Telephone Line rental: £11.50 per month
BT Total Broadband option 3: £24 per month
Unlimited landline calls: £9 per month
Caller Display: £0.00

Total: £66.50 per month

And then add a £122 charge for a new line on top of that £66.50, nearly £189 for first bill!

So from that comparison sticking with all 3 services from Virgin Media is still cheaper than BT!

Furthermore, who BT Total Broadband option 3 is the equivalent of Virgin Media's M and L package, my neighbours have BT Total Broadband option 3 and they just about get 1MB, so who in the right mind would pay BT £24 for 1MB Broadband and unlimited downloads when you can get 10MB and unlimited downloads for £25 or even 2mb and unlimited downloads for £18 which is still more than what BT are offering for your money!

That just shows how uncompetitive BT really are!

They all do it, I get VM junk mail almost weekly!

m419
18-01-2009, 19:30
And after all that posting and packing, they arent even good offers!