PDA

View Full Version : Sky+ major problem

GLENDOBBS
10-01-2009, 19:48
Hi all, i have just fitted my thomson sky+ box with a new 250gb hd as the old hd broke.
Now the problem is that the box won't even turn on! I used to get the problem with my old hd but it would eventually turn on after about half an hour or so. It's now been at least an hour and a half with the new hd and it's still not working!:confused:
As soon as i fitted the new hd i forced a firmware update, so that can't be the problem.
Anyone had this problem or know how to solve it??
Many Thanks

MadGamer
10-01-2009, 20:00
Is the standby light illuminated?

GLENDOBBS
10-01-2009, 20:40
Is the standby light illuminated?

Yes, the standby light is illuminated (red).

MadGamer
10-01-2009, 23:34
Ok disconnect the power cord for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. Once you have done this wait 2 minutes for the box to boot up and then try turning it on.

GLENDOBBS
10-01-2009, 23:58
Ok disconnect the power cord for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. Once you have done this wait 2 minutes for the box to boot up and then try turning it on.

have already tried that quite a few times, but i'll give it another go. cheers mate

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

just tried it....still no joy:(

Bulky
13-01-2009, 21:29
sounds like the hard drive is not compatible , this can happen
, something to do with the spin up time on the drive if i remember right . google it , i'm pretty sure you're stuffed if this is the problem its a case of send the drive back and try another one.

edit , have you tried this ??
1. Press and hold LEFT+RIGHT while switching on at mains
2. When ring lights, release LEFT+RIGHT and press SELECT
3. Ring will cycle backwards while HDD is quick formatted
4. Green PLAY lights for success, red RECORD for failure
5. Box returns to standby - wait 2 minutes, then use remote or front panel button to "wake it up"

Ernie_C
16-02-2009, 13:01
Hi all, i have just fitted my thomson sky+ box with a new 250gb hd as the old hd broke.

How did you identify that the hard disk was the problem?

If you've changed a component and the problem still exists, perhaps the problem wasn't the hd in the first place?