PDA

View Full Version : Query with regards to Panasonic VIERA hook up via Virgin + box

Richupton
05-01-2009, 16:48
I received my Panasonic TX32LXD85 today and have been very happy with both the set up and the quality of the pictures (for example, watching the tennis earlier today was a definite improvement).

I do have a question with regards to the connection of the TV to my Panasonic VCR/DVD combi (DMREZ47V). With my previous TV, simply pressing play would shift the signal from the TV to the Video/DVD. At the moment I have to get to the video/ DVD signal via the AV Button and togging up to AV1. Is there a way around this?

In addition, by having the Panasonic TV and VCR/ DVD I should be able to gain access to to the Q and Viera Links. Could anyone explain the benefits and let me know how to do this as my attempts at following the instructions have no effect (receive the message Function Unavailable when I hit the Viera Link button).

I receive my TV pictures through Virgin Plus box (HMDI and Scart connected). The Virgin+ box is connected by scart to AV2 of my DVDR, and AV1 of the DVDR via a scart to AV1 of my TV. I see and record channels when A2 is selected as the input on the DVDR.

Many thanks

Matth
05-01-2009, 21:52
If the TV has two SCARTs, try the other one, generally only one will be auto-trigger.

icestar2
05-01-2009, 22:03
I have a panasonic viera to and you have to be on the AV channels first. If its on normal tv you have to switch to the part with all the AV channels first. If your on this part then it will normally kick in well my PS3 does and V+ do I think but they are both connected via HDMI.

It is annoying having to be in the AV section first as the Tv comes on firstly to normal TV most the time. Not sure if there was a setting to setup what the Tv comes on to when it start's up but I dont think there was.

There is a setting to allow the HDMI device to control the TV that may help. Go to menu and then setup and you should see an option that says control with HDMI make sure thats on. Thats assuming you decide to connect via HDMI in the future.

Aragorn
05-01-2009, 22:23
Are you using fully cabled Scart leads?
I remember having some problems like this setting up a Viera panel which were down to the cables.
There is a section in the user guide which talks about cabling for QLink.
When it works, QLink enables you to record the currently watched signal directly on the DVDR (via you fully wired SCART!)
Unfortunately, I can't refresh my memory any more, as the Viera in question is at my mother-in-law's house 30 miles away!

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

Checking a viera manual on the Panasonic website confirms -
Connect the DVD Recorder / VCR supporting Q-Link to the TV’s AV1 or AV2 terminal via a fully wired SCART cable.