PDA

View Full Version : Are o2 obliged to give me a PAC code

zing_deleted
04-01-2009, 22:55
I have been on a simplicity package for 2 years its a 30 day contract . I requested a PAC code some months ago and never recieved it but didnt need it in the end. Now I do need it and called for one a couple of days ago. I am worried they are going to blank me again and have little or no idea of my rights so if anyone can point me in the right direction I will be grateful :)

Stuart
04-01-2009, 22:59
As far as I know, they are obliged to give you a PAC code.

Raistlin
04-01-2009, 23:03
Condition 18 of OfCom's 'General Conditions of Entitlement' (which apply to all communications networks and service providers in the UK) provides for the following:

Your current Service Provider must give you a Porting Authorisation Code (PAC) or a reason why it cannot be issued within 2 working days of your request. You can obtain your PAC by calling the customer service group of your current network. Usually your network operator will be able to provide your PAC over the phone and will then follow this up in writing.
Your PAC is valid for a period of 30 calendar days and your request must be submitted to your new Service Provider within that time.
Your number can then be transferred anytime between 2 and 32 calendar days from the date your PAC is issued.

Full text here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porting_Authorisation_Code

zing_deleted
04-01-2009, 23:04
Excellent guys thanks :)