PDA

View Full Version : 50 megs in london

toufas
01-01-2009, 19:01
is there any timetable on when 50 megs are gonna hit london? nw3 postcode if it makes any difference
thank you :)

busboy125
01-01-2009, 19:29
is there any timetable on when 50 megs are gonna hit london? nw3 postcode if it makes any difference

Use the checker at this link http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/50Mb/index.do

Hope this helps

toufas
01-01-2009, 19:32
i know about it but it doesnt help checking every week to see if its available, i am asking if any technicians knew anything about it.

nutellajunkie
01-01-2009, 19:47
im sure we will be first to know.. Have patience dear boy.

General Maximus
01-01-2009, 22:04
I was under the impression that London had already been done or it was being done first

Stuart
01-01-2009, 22:14

Virgin Media haven't (AFAIK) published a timetable, even a rough one, for when they are upgrading each area. If and when we get one, you can bet we'll published it on the front page.

spiderplant
01-01-2009, 22:46
I was under the impression that London had already been done or it was being done first
At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, London is huge. Two parts have been done (Hayes and Croydon), but the majority hasn't been.

In fact NW3 isn't even precise enough to tell me which network region toufas is in. NW3 is split between two VM regions.

A reminder of the areas enabled so far: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33643334-50mbit-area-rollout-plan-going-made.html#post34701711

ufitm
01-01-2009, 23:23

Accroding to C/S person i spoke to before xmas to see when my area was due to be done, as i have a Dudley postcode, but i am in worcestershire
I was told that the whole of london area was the only place in the uk
that had been done( which from the list in the thread i knew was wrong)
i told them i the areas i knew that had been done, answer they did not
know any other areas than london. thats just one answer the easier one to qoute, looks like the left arm does not know what the right arm is doing
ufitm

broadbandking
01-01-2009, 23:27
The timetable should be available this month as for which date only VM knows

Ignitionnet
02-01-2009, 10:38
At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, London is huge. Two parts have been done (Hayes and Croydon), but the majority hasn't been.

In fact NW3 isn't even precise enough to tell me which network region toufas is in. NW3 is split between two VM regions.

A reminder of the areas enabled so far: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33643334-50mbit-area-rollout-plan-going-made.html#post34701711

Indeed :)

London is in several parts, from the ex-Telewest side, regional headend bolded:

London North

Haringey
Hackney [Dalston]
Enfield
Camden

London South East (Looks more like Kent / Essex to me, *shrug*)

Basildon
Chelmsford
Southend
Tilbury (Grays)
Gillingham
Maidstone

London South

Croydon
Mortlake
New Malden

London West

Hayes

Then you throw in the ex-ntl.

Westminster
Seven Kings
Greenford
Watford
Lewisham
Acton
Waltham Park
Bexleyheath
Harrow
+ more

toufas
02-01-2009, 18:41
its camden then i suppose (i am in hampstead to be exact) but the council is camden :P

leesonmedhurst
02-01-2009, 19:05
Indeed :)

London is in several parts, from the ex-Telewest side, regional headend bolded:

London North

Haringey
Hackney [Dalston]
Enfield
Camden

London South East (Looks more like Kent / Essex to me, *shrug*)

Basildon
Chelmsford
Southend
Tilbury (Grays)
Gillingham
Maidstone

London South

Croydon
Mortlake
New Malden

London West

Hayes

Then you throw in the ex-ntl.

Westminster
Seven Kings
Greenford
Watford
Lewisham
Acton
Waltham Park
Bexleyheath
Harrow
+ more

A quick question, are you sure Croydon has been enabled? As I am in the Croydon area and when i use the postcode checker it tells me 50mb is not yet available. I admit I haven't yet embarked on the nightmare of trying to speak to customer services.

Does anybody have 50mb up and running in the Croydon area?

General Maximus
02-01-2009, 19:45
Broadbandings wasnt saying that all those areas have been enabled, he was replying to my comment that I thought I had read all of London had been done and he was simply highlighting the fact that London isn't "one" area which can be done simultaneously and that it is split up into multiple regions/areas which are listed above.

Ignitionnet
02-01-2009, 21:04
A quick question, are you sure Croydon has been enabled? As I am in the Croydon area and when i use the postcode checker it tells me 50mb is not yet available. I admit I haven't yet embarked on the nightmare of trying to speak to customer services.

Define Croydon area - when you click the Connection button at the top do you see .croy somewhere in your connection details?

Gav Mack
06-01-2009, 13:17
Define Croydon area - when you click the Connection button at the top do you see .croy somewhere in your connection details?

Croydon is definitely enabled - I'm in Purley and my 50Mb upgrade has been booked for the morning of Tuesday 20th. £50 activation plus £30 for the modem I thought a bit steep but I guess I'll take slight advantage of no TMS by hammering it :D

Chris
06-01-2009, 13:35
its camden then i suppose (i am in hampstead to be exact) but the council is camden :P

Our IP log says you're connected to Camden, ex-Telewest.

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

... and you're connected to Hersham, ex-NTL.

This info might help one of our VM staff members identify whether your areas are up for 50meg any time soon.

Pushkar
06-01-2009, 20:31
Im in the Croydon area, I didn't sign up to the 50mb right now because of the bumper £80 activation fee/installation right now, but it is deffo enabled.

spiderplant
06-01-2009, 22:36
50 meg is available in the ex-Telewest Croydon areas, but not the ex-NTL areas with CR postcodes (Banstead, Warlingham and Caterham).

toufas
01-04-2009, 11:00
just a heads up,my area has 50mbit now, and the installation date is next monday

leesonmedhurst
02-04-2009, 18:14
just a heads up,my area has 50mbit now, and the installation date is next monday

Hi Toufas, where abouts are you?

toufas
02-04-2009, 18:25
camden is my virgin area (i live in hampstead)

Octal
02-04-2009, 19:38
50 Megs? It would be nice to get the 10 Meg I paid for.

Efour
03-04-2009, 09:32
agreed NE/East London is FUBAR and has been for 2 years now.

Needs major investment not more pressure from 50Mbit

Its terrible when you cant even stream a youtube vid or BBCi ptogram in the evenings.

Considering the population/ammount of customers in the area im amazed its still so bad.

I downgraded from 20 to 10mbit and i havent noticed any difference except more money in my pocket.

Hope they do something about this soon.