PDA

View Full Version : How do you claim money off your bill ?

c64
28-12-2008, 22:53
Had 20mb installed around a month now and average about 4mb speeds only times I have seen near 20mb is sporadic and always 1am-8am.

I have a fault at my ubr according to the tech support from the news server.

Do you just ring 151 and say hey and quote the ticket number and get a reduction on your bill ?

moaningmags
28-12-2008, 22:57
Call and ask if the fault has been logged onto your account, if it has then ask them to check the length on time the issue has been going on and to credit you accordingly.

If not, ask that a work order be logged against your account and to state the length of time it has been ongoing.
Some agents will tell you they won't credit for an ongoing issue, this is normal.
However, I take each case on it's own, if it has been ongoing less than a month, I advise to wait until a full month has passed then call for credit for that month.
If a month or more, then I'll credit.

c64
28-12-2008, 22:59
So they can supply you with a 4mb line and charge you the 20mb line rate ? that doesn't sound legal to me or am I missing something ?

moaningmags
28-12-2008, 23:01
No you're not missing anything, you've said there is a fault. Call in for a credit for your reduced speeds due to this issue or downgrade to 2MB. If they have no estimated time for this to be fixed downgrading may be your better option.
You have said you get 20MB sporadically so that sounds like a high utilisation issue.

caph
29-12-2008, 22:09
So they can supply you with a 4mb line and charge you the 20mb line rate ? that doesn't sound legal to me or am I missing something ?

Yes. It's up to 20Mb so 0Mb-20Mb all fall in this range. I know it sucks but it's legal (the agreements need to be reworded in my opinion). I was getting less than 1Mb for about a month and I was on 20Mb. There's very little you can do apart from keep phoning in and getting discounts. Just for the record, I was told that I'd got a discount but I never did. So don't simply believe what you are told.

You can ask 2nd line support about your UBR status directly on the newsgroup (this is WAY more reliable that ringing in) but as far as I know there is no-one that us customers can chase to get these things sorted. 2nd line have no power to schedule a UBR upgrade. It's crazy, but that's the way it is.