PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham broadband connection problem

Abdul Raheem
28-12-2008, 16:45
Hello. Has anyone else lost their internet broadband in Birmingham, in the B19 area? I have no connection at all, except this iPhone I'm using to post this.

I have searched this forum for any section on broken connections but can't find anything. If I've posted in the wrong forum then I apologise. There is another one with the same problem in Leicester so thought it may be allright.

I have tried to contact VM customer services but can't seem to get through to anyone. I only get a message telling me to unplug my modem for 2 minutes to reset but that doesn't help.

I've never had any sort of problem with either my connection or customer services, but that may be because this is the 1st time I've ever had to contact them. I have read a lot about poor customer services and colleagues at work say they wouldn't touch VM with a barge poll. They've had it before but never again.

Please tell me if there is a known problem in Birmingham B19 at the moment and when it's likely to be fixed or where I look to get this info

chickendippers
28-12-2008, 17:52
There's a national issue with broadband at the moment: http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do

homealone
28-12-2008, 17:53
:welcome:

the contact details for Virgin Media are here

http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/contact/service-fault.php

calling the status line on 0800 561 0061 probably the first option to try

otherwise if you don't have a Virgin phone & can't use the free 151 faults number the alternative is 0845 454 1111 , but that call is charged.

Abdul Raheem
28-12-2008, 18:48
Thanks to both of you. I did get through to VM on the number given and they tested my modem and it was all green. They gave me the number for apple, as I'm on a mac, but they're not open till Monday. I tried the internet again and got a very random and slow connection so tried something a little extreme. You may have heard of time machine on the mac. I've been using it for about a year so I decided to roll back my computer to exactly how it was on a date I had full internet. It worked and I now have internet access back to normal. Don't know what's going on there as I only took it back to yesterday at 3.00

Anyway, thanks again. Lets hope the problem is solved and doesn't crop up again.

homealone
28-12-2008, 19:28
Thanks to both of you. I did get through to VM on the number given and they tested my modem and it was all green. They gave me the number for apple, as I'm on a mac, but they're not open till Monday. I tried the internet again and got a very random and slow connection so tried something a little extreme. You may have heard of time machine on the mac. I've been using it for about a year so I decided to roll back my computer to exactly how it was on a date I had full internet. It worked and I now have internet access back to normal. Don't know what's going on there as I only took it back to yesterday at 3.00

Anyway, thanks again. Lets hope the problem is solved and doesn't crop up again.

At least it is sorted for now :tu: