PDA

View Full Version : is this possible

masec
22-12-2008, 08:05
i am in a country were local domain servers configure computers using this method.you first buy a phone usually a fix phone from them.the phone is then configurated to the internet by them.when you connect the phone to your computer by means of a usb you have instant access to the internet,i wanted to fine out if this is possible with the ps3.
Any ideas will be appreciated please.

Kymmy
22-12-2008, 08:53
Hi Masec and welcome to the forum,

I've moved your post here as articles isn't a place to be asking questions.

Stuart
22-12-2008, 09:32
i am in a country were local domain servers configure computers using this method.you first buy a phone usually a fix phone from them.the phone is then configurated to the internet by them.when you connect the phone to your computer by means of a usb you have instant access to the internet,i wanted to fine out if this is possible with the ps3.
Any ideas will be appreciated please.

Yes, it is. If I understand what you are asking, you need to contact your telephone company. If they can offer broadband internet, they will send you a device, called a Modem that you can use to attach a PC or PS3 to the Internet.

If you want to connect more than one device, you'll need to get a router, such as the Linksys WRT54GL.