PDA

View Full Version : new 300/300 customer with problems

ruddock08
27-11-2008, 16:27
ordered new 300 300 offer, rang up as soon as i received (took 30 mins to get through) to transfer my number from asda mobile. was told i couldnt as the account "hadnt been setup properly" and any calls or texts would be charged at payg rates. thank god i hadnt done anything, because i would refuse to pick up the bill as it is their fault (and i got the lady to confirm). i could though, access my account section on virgin mobile. the lady said howveer it coudl take up to 7 days before my account is sorted and i will be charged during this time. i said that i would not accept being billed if they cannot tell me when my service is ready to use. but it gets sorted by the next day, and i ring to transfer number. number is transferred on tuesday, still shows as old number on phone but got text saying its transferred. i then find i cant access my voicemail, or the my account on the website. so i ring up again and aexplain this, she tried to get me to change the speed dial for voicemail, but it has obviously been plumbed into the sim card somehow, in a very clever way as you cannot do it. and so now, i have been charged £10 + 10p connection EVERY TIME i tlak to customer services, and have no access to voicemail or the my account section. i suppose though ive got the main point of the packagae, the 300 mins and the 300 texts. ;)

:)

dave_dph
27-11-2008, 18:44
Ok the voicemail one is easily resolved.

With Virgin, when you change to direct debit payment your voicemail number changes and all you have to do is store the new number into your handset.

Dial 222 from the Virgin phone and listen to the recorded message. Usually during this message you will receive a text message which should update the simcard with the new number. Exit the voicemail system and read the text message, it will usually be blank or just say "pers". Delete the message, switch the phone off and back on again.

When the phone reboots, press and hold the "1" button to call voicemail.

Has this worked?

If not you need to retrieve your new voicemail number by entering *#67# into the phone and pressing call. After a few seconds the phone will display a message, something like "Divert calls on no reply" followed by the voicemail number. Make a note of this number in full, it will be in the format +44xxxxxxxxxx.

The next step is to view the original voicemail number that is stored on the sim - depending on the make of handset you can access this through the phone's settings. On Sony Ericsson's go to the message menu then settings then voicemail number.

Replace this number with your new voicemail number, save and exit. You can now call voicemail in the usual way.

If for some reason you can't edit the voicemail number then this is usually resolved by putting the sim into a different handset, editting the number and replacing sim back into original phone. Alternatively, just store the new voicemail number in your phone book under "Voicemail" and use the phone book to call the number.

It isn't the sim that stops you editting the voicemail number, it's the make of handset you are using.

BenMcr
27-11-2008, 19:50
Its +44068 and then your telephone number without the zero for voicemail ;)

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

On a Nokia N series (or any S60) phone under Tools there should be a menu item for Voicemail. You can alter the number it dials there

dave_dph
27-11-2008, 19:52
Its +44068 and then your telephone number without the zero for voicemail ;)

Nope, that is for non direct debit customers.

For customers paying by monthly direct debit the voicemail number resembles a standard number, mine is +447953xxxxxx

BenMcr
27-11-2008, 19:54
Guess which one I'm on then ;)

Hoewever, even if i just dial my own number normally from my mobile it goes to voicemail

dave_dph
27-11-2008, 19:55
Guess which one I'm on then ;)

Hoewever, even if i just dial my own number normally from my mobile it goes to voicemail

Which would then probably be a chargeable call.

ruddock08
05-01-2009, 17:18
sorted now guys, somehow it sorted itself out. thanks for your detailed explanations dave_dph and all the other posters. nice to know in this disrespectful world that there is still some people willing to give up time for other people.

god bless.

:)