PDA

View Full Version : phone and v+ package installation advice

hobbitfeet
25-11-2008, 12:10
Hi
Im hoping someone can help as im discovering that virgin customer services are REALLY unhelpful!!

Last night I ordered a package online for my mum, ('XL' phone, 'M' TV with V+HD box) credit check done, order accepted and advised that paperwork will be sent out confirming order and contract to sign and return.

The online form did not have an option for putting the landlords details in (for virgin to ask for permission to install) so this morning I called the installation line but was told I needed to advise 'sales'

The girl in the sales dept said that V+ cannot be ordered over the internet as there is the £75 one off fee to pay for, that has to be authorised on the phone. Therefore the order that I placed would not be processed unless I get my mum to call and reorder. (She even gave me a separate landline number and her name, for my mum to ask for her personally!!)

The advise given online said nothing about having to call to activate the order or to pay the £75.

Is this correct? I suspect that she was about to cancel the order and redo it via sales, so she could get the commision, rather than my mum getting the 'online order discount'

Am I being paranoid?
I have not had an email confirmation of the order, and we put in a preferred installation date of next monday! Do they usually call to confirm/change the installation date or just turn up?

Slight panic setting in as the £75 installation finishes this sunday (or is it a DFS sale where another one will start monday!!)

I would appreciate your advice.
Thank you

BenMcr
25-11-2008, 13:07
There is no reason why the V+ cannot be ordered online. The sales girl is trying to get the sale.

Even if there are any issues with the order, there is a dedicated web sales team that will contact you/your mum and resolve.

As you have already place the order, the V+ price would be honoured. But the offer isn't finishing until 31st December, so nothing to worry about :D

hobbitfeet
25-11-2008, 13:33
Thanks BenMcr, you have confirmed what I suspected. problem is I have no email confirmation of my order, im concerned that she may have cancelled the order!
I googled the landline number she gave me (I was beginning to think it might be her home number and she was going to clone my mums card!!) but the number is an old NTL number, so she was just trying to get the sale, still sneeky though!

I must have misread the web page, I thought it was nov 30th, unless they have extended it...again!

edit, forgot to put 'hd' on original post, just incase there is a different offer for just the V box, just checked online, and still saying offer ends 30th nov, but it has already been extended once....!

Will the installation guy just turn up on monday (provisional choice made on the online order) or are they likely to contact my mum to confirm?

BenMcr
25-11-2008, 13:51
I would give customer services a phone tomorrow (as it can take a day for the order to show up) to double check what has been loaded or noted to the address. It will say if there is any problems.

Any problems, let me know ;)