PDA

View Full Version : Virgin installed today

flatsix
21-11-2008, 23:40
Hi , had virgin "large" broadband installed today. Thought I needed to tell my story cause it's a good one. I live in the Reading area. I had the cable guys turn out last Saturday to pull the cable, they said my property was unserviceable, Monday i had a call from the area manager to say he had been to my property to check the situation and he felt there was an answer. I told him i thought that there was a cable all ready to my property, just a stump, it looked like some one had cut it. within 1 hour an engineer was back at my house to check for the cable, he found it, but was unsure of the quality, the next day the manager and engineer came back to confirm the cable quality. Today another Virgin engineer arrived at 1:20 (i had a 1 to 6 install slot) to complete the install, he did it very well, to a good visual standard and i have a 10meg line, tested on mybroadbandspeed.co.uk. So for me the virgin experience has been excellent so far.

homealone
22-11-2008, 00:20
:welcome:

I'm glad they got you sorted out :tu:

carterma
22-11-2008, 08:36
Simiar story here, cable in the street was installed on Tuesday, box installers came yesterday @ 2:30 for a 1-6 appointment and put everything exactly where we wanted it, with cables under the floor to get to my Hallway. I allowed them to loose lay in the garden, as this was less disruption there for me too. Had a good chat with them and they ensured all was working and showed us the basics of the V+ before they left. They were very good contractors to Virgin and I'm in West Yorkshire, Huddersfield area.

moiraf100
22-11-2008, 12:34
Nice to hear a positive story. :)

mr,m
22-11-2008, 13:06
I had my V+ box installed yesterday too,must have been a good day for VM,I had an 8 till 1 slot.The engineer arrived at 8-30 and was gone by 9-30,had a slight problem getting the box working but he was very proffesional.Just need some HD to watch now!!!lol

mediamaker
22-11-2008, 15:38
At least 2 in 10 get good service

joglynne
22-11-2008, 18:05

Could you give us the link to the official reports that substantiates your statement?

whydoIneedatech
22-11-2008, 20:02
Who are these 2 in 10 that get good service, and if you mean Virgin then do please supply some figures to back it up and not something that you think looks good on paper.

piggy
22-11-2008, 20:26

the other 8 get very good service.

Turkey Machine
22-11-2008, 21:21

Stop grating please. Just because you've had bad service doesn't mean you gotta take it out on everybodys threads.

DC_FC79
23-11-2008, 16:06

ive had good service from VM as well, the engineer had an issue with setting up the V+ box as the cards he had wouldnt work for some reason when he called up to activate the card

JayJay
24-11-2008, 09:46

Im going to be honest, It was really good to see a positive thread, Ive seen your posts around the board and im getting really fed up with you. Why dont you check out www.sky.com and see if its something you might enjoy!

Sorry, back on topic, nice to know people are having positive installs :)