PDA

View Full Version : Does a girl like me or not? Advice please.

wwe
17-11-2008, 15:56
hi ive got this girl who i work with and a mate of mine at work 2 weeks ago she just turned round to me and said that she would go out with me so later that night i text her and asked her if she was jokin she said no so i replyed why don't we then she text me back saing she was sort of seeing some one but he doing my head in im thinking of dumping him so 2 days after she told me at work that she finishes with him the next day i text her asking is there any chance for me and her she replyed i don't know yet your a good mate to me i don't want us to fall out.

what do you people reckon is she just saying it or is it true any advice would help thank you

zing_deleted
17-11-2008, 16:04
leave it mate complicated from the start. If she jumps on ya later all well and good

cimt
17-11-2008, 16:08
As David said, leave it. If she was really into you, she wouldn't be thinking of dumping him. She would of. I don't mean to sound harsh, but it's better than getting yourself into some complicated relationship.

AndyCambs
17-11-2008, 16:09
It will only end in tears - wait till she begs you to go out with her.

boroboi
17-11-2008, 16:10
Women like that deserve no attention at all.

Tell her unless she's rid of the other guy and serious about wanting to go out somewhere with you then just forget the idea.

Worked a charm for me on a couple of occasions, because you find out if the girl is really interested or not, and you dont lose out if she isn't. Granted for me its usually worked out for the better and i've managed to get a bit ;) but saves you the hassle if she goes out with you then decides she wants her bf back or something.

wwe
17-11-2008, 16:15
as i said in the 1st post she has got rid of the guy she single now

Maggy
17-11-2008, 16:28
she has got rid of the guy she single now

Hmm!

That was rather quick..don't you think?

I'd be very careful with this girl..she sounds the sort that will keep/string a bloke until someone better comes along.

Best to not invest too much into the relationship to begin with..just have some fun but be ready when boredom sets in.;)

wwe
17-11-2008, 16:33
she not really like that she coun't him cheating on her and she give him a 2nd chance but then he was just doing her head in and texting her bad stuff say if i wanted to go out with the person whats the best way to get her to say yes and she said i don't know yet your a good mate to me i don't want us to fall out

etccarmageddon
17-11-2008, 16:36
sounds like she is stringing you alone and probably others and keeping you in reserve and generally a waste of space. I'd just delete her number.

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

she not really like that she coun't him cheating on her and she give him a 2nd chance but then he was just doing her head in and texting her bad stuff say if i wanted to go out with the person whats the best way to get her to say yes and she said i don't know yet your a good mate to me i don't want us to fall outlook I'm speaking from experience here!!!! you are ****ing in the wind. if you want someone to make a fool out of you then keep chasing and being wound up by her.

firstly I'd tell her I have no interest in any of this she's talking about.

she's the sort who will use you matey. and as said by others will drop you as soon as something more exciting comes along.

oh and she's taking the P out of you - wake up.

Charlie_Bubble
17-11-2008, 16:36
Going out with/sleeping with someone at work is ok until you break up, then it becomes awkward for you and everyone who knows about it. Advice from someone who's gone through it, steer clear.

etccarmageddon
17-11-2008, 16:37
but if you really want her - then a girl like that responds better to someone who doesnt run after her and tells her he's lost interest.

wwe
17-11-2008, 16:44
me and her have been mates for over a year and she not the kind of person to stringing u along she get on with every 1 at work and we talk on the phone for like 30 mins a day she just worried that if we did go out with each orther we might fall out and she doesn't want to lose me as a friend whats the best way to convice her to give it a shot

etccarmageddon
17-11-2008, 16:56
me and her have been mates for over a year and she not the kind of person to stringing u along she get on with every 1 at work and we talk on the phone for like 30 mins a day she just worried that if we did go out with each orther we might fall out and she doesn't want to lose me as a friend whats the best way to convice her to give it a shotlearn to use full stops.

she just turned round to me and said that she would go out with me

the next day i text her asking is there any chance for me and her she replyed i don't know yet your a good mate to me

yeah you're right she's not the type to string you along!

---------- Post added at 16:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

ok, in answer to your question I will repeat myself, the best way to give it a shot is to delete her number, tell her you're bored and you need sex and you aren't her agony uncle and dont give a poo about her previous relationships. also tell her you're not sure if she could handle you anyway cos you're a real man. I am not joking.

Gary L
17-11-2008, 17:00
I'd be very careful with this girl..she sounds the sort that will keep/string a bloke until someone better comes along.

I'm at the very end of that list. she'll need to go through a few to get to me :)

wwe
17-11-2008, 17:05
sorry mate for not useing full stops. We were talking at work on a break and car't remmber it all we were talking about 2 orther people at work going out with each orther and what we reckon to it and i think i turned round and said wounder if that will every happen to me? she said she would go out with me but i thought she was just joking so i left it like that. We finishes the shift fine no promblems we still spoke thats when i text her once we finishes just to she if she ment it and she said she wasn't joking. But she sort of seeing the lad who i got told by her she finishes with him becouse he was cheating on her but she give him a norther chance but did not want to say anything incase people started asking her why? But now she finishes with him becouse he was texting her bad stuff and doing her head in couse i asked her how she getting on with him and she said she finishes with him. So i texted her later asking her she said she doesn't know she doesn't want to lose me as a good mate.
what would your advice be to convice her that we should give it ago?

Chris
17-11-2008, 17:07
me and her have been mates for over a year and she not the kind of person to stringing u along she get on with every 1 at work and we talk on the phone for like 30 mins a day she just worried that if we did go out with each orther we might fall out and she doesn't want to lose me as a friend whats the best way to convice her to give it a shot

The best way to convince her is not to try. If she's genuinely interested, she'll come after you.

etccarmageddon
17-11-2008, 17:11
essential homework for you:- www.imdb.com/title/tt0098160

you are over analising it all.

and, do you want to be with a girl who gives someone a 2nd chance after cheating on her?

if ever there is another man on the scene you should stay well clear as she'll get a kick out of it and she will cherry pick.

what would your advice be to convice her that we should give it ago?
oh god wake up!!

The best way to convince her is not to try. If she's genuinely interested, she'll come after you.correct.

wwe
17-11-2008, 17:11
do you think that she needs me to prove that it will work so she knows that she woun't lose me as a mate?

alferret
17-11-2008, 17:13
The best way to convince her is not to try. If she's genuinely interested, she'll come after you.

Take Chris's advice, just because you got the hots for her don't mean to say you should loose your head and run around after her.

If its gonna happen it'll happen, let it run its own course without other people trying to offer advice.

Thats my advice :erm:

Chris
17-11-2008, 17:14
do you think that she needs me to prove that it will work so she knows that she woun't lose me as a mate?No, she needs to feel wanted, which is why she wants you to chase her, and why she gave her boyfriend a second chance, and why she has dumped him (she will be hoping for him to try to get her back).

Stay. Well. Clear.

Although I don't think you started this thread to find out what other people think, I think you started it to try to get people to agree with what you've already decided you want to do, and you're going to ignore anyone who says something different. ;)

etccarmageddon
17-11-2008, 17:17
do you think that she needs me to prove that it will work so she knows that she woun't lose me as a mate?no, she's just coming up with excuses when she says she dont want to lose you etc.

what's she's saying is.... I need a man to put me in my place and stand up to me. but no, you dont stand up to her instead you pander to her excuses.

tell her she had her chance and blew it.

in fact tell her nothing. just leave well alone, and watch the movie.

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

No, she needs to feel wanted, which is why she wants you to chase her, and why she gave her boyfriend a second chance, and why she has dumped him (she will be hoping for him to try to get her back).Chris is right - in her ideal world she has both of you chasing after her and will use you as a way of making her ex want her.

next time she texts you, text her this "I think there is something still going on between you and [insert name] so I am walking away"

and then ignore her reply.

I guarantee it will at least make her respect you a little bit more than she does now.

Gary L
17-11-2008, 17:22
No, she needs to feel wanted, which is why she wants you to chase her, and why she gave her boyfriend a second chance, and why she has dumped him (she will be hoping for him to try to get her back)

Yep. Chris knows all the facts because she's his sister. or he just knows her :)

Chris
17-11-2008, 17:23
Yep. Chris knows all the facts because she's his sister. or he just knows her :)

:bsmack: Cheeky git! :p:

Gary L
17-11-2008, 17:27
next time she texts you, text her this "I think there is something still going on between you and [insert name] so I am walking away"

Some people are reading too much into all this and condemning the poor girl :)

Chris
17-11-2008, 17:28
Some people are reading too much into all this and condemning the poor girl :)

Right ... your sister then, is it? ;)

wwe
17-11-2008, 17:30
so your all telling me to stay well clear is it ok still to be mates with the person?

Gary L
17-11-2008, 17:30
Right ... your sister then, is it? ;)

It's starting to sound like it :D

Saaf_laandon_mo
17-11-2008, 17:34
and, do you want to be with a girl who gives someone a 2nd chance after cheating on her?

Cheryl Cole? Yes pleeeeeeeeeeeeease

etccarmageddon
17-11-2008, 17:35
so your all telling me to stay well clear is it ok still to be mates with the person?I wouldn't even have anything more to do with her.

Gary L
17-11-2008, 17:36
so your all telling me to stay well clear is it ok still to be mates with the person?

Just be mates.

/close thread

:)

Halcyon
17-11-2008, 17:38
At the moment she is obviously not happy with her current guy and you are the next best thing to her.
If I was you I would leave it for a while. If you do go out it could easily be a rebound thing and she is using you to feel better about herself and forget her other guy.

If given time she is still interested in you and it is clear that she wants a relationship with you then go for it.

If you are the type of guy who just wants a bit of fun, then act now and see where it goes but you may get hurt. If you want to have a proper relationship, be a friend to her at the moment and see how it develops over time. Don't rush things as right now her feelings will be all over the place and you may end up getting hurt.

Good luck.

etccarmageddon
17-11-2008, 17:47
you need a girl with a clear head ie. free of all baggage - one that is completely into you and reliable ie. when she says something's going to happen, the next day she doesnt back track.

Alien
17-11-2008, 18:04
you need a girl with a clear head ie. free of all baggage - one that is completely into you and reliable ie. when she says something's going to happen, the next day she doesnt back track.
Don't tease the bloke, you know girls like that are just an urban legend. :D

tomosden
17-11-2008, 19:00
Best way is to take another girl out nd rubb her nose init bet she asks u out ......... there happy dayz

Enuff
17-11-2008, 19:11
Dont even start to try and understand how a womans brain works! ;)

The last thing you want to do is show her you're interested. She may be one of those women who like to have what they can't get? In which case you're doing yourself no favours by showing you're willing. My advice would be to play it cool, step back and let her do the chasing.

Oh the game of love. :romance:

etccarmageddon
17-11-2008, 19:21
blow hot and cold if you want to get into the mind games.

Damien
17-11-2008, 19:27
Sounds like a job for a boombox and Peter Gabriel.

etccarmageddon
17-11-2008, 19:28
Sounds like a job for a boombox and Peter Gabriel.ahhh if only!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098258/

wwe
17-11-2008, 20:01
say if this girl does really like me but just scared incase it doesn't work out and we fall out whats ur advice to convice her

Chris
17-11-2008, 20:04
say if this girl does really like me but just scared incase it doesn't work out and we fall out whats ur advice to convice her

As I said - you don't want to know our advice for dealing with the real situation as it actually is. You've already decided you want to go after her and you want us to give you chat-up lines.

Well it aint going to happen - not from me, anyway, and not from most of the people who have posted in here so far.

What you have already posted about her is enough for us to work out that she is not "scared incase (sic) it doesn't work out". There doesn't seem to be any point giving you advice for dealing with a situation that doesn't exist.

wwe
17-11-2008, 20:06
ok i would like to thank u all for your advice and help

Gary L
17-11-2008, 20:23

Just tell her that it'll grow eventually. you just need to work on it.
I'm sure if you both put enough effort into it, it'll be rock solid.

etccarmageddon
17-11-2008, 20:33
say if this girl does really like me but just scared incase it doesn't work out and we fall out whats ur advice to convice hersorry mate but you're glass is almost empty not almost full!

read my lips

SHE AIN'T INTERESTED IF SHE WAS YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO ASK.

sorry, life sometimes sucks but round the corner there will be one who is interested but you can't meet her until you get rid of this waster.

get that film I recommended a watch and learn

wwe
17-11-2008, 20:35
ok thanks mate

etccarmageddon
17-11-2008, 20:43
she's probably used you as a safety net.

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

here's another suggestion for you but it requires confidence.

when you chat to her you back off regarding wanting her and also when talking about her ex dont run him down, tell her that you actually think he's a great guy and probably marriage material.

mention the marriage thing no more than once a day as you need to be subtle.

I know it works cos me and my mate both fancied this girl but whenever I was around he'd run me down in front of her - taking the P out of me. It put her off me. Anyway, one day I was with her chatting and we were talking about my mate and I said lots of nice things about him - did that for the next couple of times I met her and she started talking about a night out she had planned - told her she should ask my mate. She said nope, and said she wanted to be with me.

A couple of days later he rings me up saying he'd bumped into her and she was cold and "what have you said to her about me?". I, of course was completely innocent as I'd only said nice things!

talking to that girl you fancy about marriage to that other bloke will get her thinking and it'll be just as bad as if he'd suggested it - she'll worry.

Julian
17-11-2008, 20:46
Girls love a challenge.

Tell her you'd like to get together but you'll have to clear it with your boyfriend first.

Signed
Cathy and Claire

etccarmageddon
17-11-2008, 20:49
I can tell you now that, that bit of advice dont work! I was with a mate and this very fit young girl came over to chat and I said "we're homospiens" - he still hasn't forgiven me and mentioned it last weekend over 10 years since the event! the girl said "hey, that's cool".

Gary L
17-11-2008, 20:55
here's another suggestion for you but it requires confidence.

when you chat to her you back off regarding wanting her and also when talking about her ex dont run him down, tell her that you actually think he's a great guy and probably marriage material.

mention the marriage thing no more than once a day as you need to be subtle.

I can't wait till you start giving him the next stage of advice where he has to wipe on...wipe off...wipe on... :)

etccarmageddon
17-11-2008, 20:58
it might actually reach a point where painting my house and fences is the only way forward for grass hopper.

Damien
17-11-2008, 21:31
I can tell you now that, that bit of advice dont work! I was with a mate and this very fit young girl came over to chat and I said "we're homospiens" - he still hasn't forgiven me and mentioned it last weekend over 10 years since the event! the girl said "hey, that's cool".

I did that! Expect instead of Homosapians I said something that sounded almost like that. Didn't go down well though..

tweetypie/8
17-11-2008, 22:22
as i said in the 1st post she has got rid of the guy she single now

wise up m8 she is taking you for a mug,dont rush into anything when the right girl comes along you will know,this one is stringing you along and it could end up very messy, BEWARE.

etccarmageddon
17-11-2008, 22:31
think like this... how would you feel if you just (sort of) broke up with your g/f then another girl was trying to get you to go out with her and was willing to put up with you dithering and messing her around.... if she kept chasing you would you want her? nope cos you'd think she's a mug but if she said "get stuffed" you'd properly respect her.

Maggy
17-11-2008, 22:40
Train wreck! :(

etccarmageddon
17-11-2008, 22:41
Train wreck! :(eh?

Maggy
17-11-2008, 22:43
eh?

As in watching one...:rolleyes:

boroboi
17-11-2008, 23:11
:doh:As in watching one...:rolleyes:

homealone
18-11-2008, 00:17
wwe if you do get involved with this person, whatever you do remember what happened with the last 'friend' that took advantage of your kind nature & 'borrowed' a load of money that afaik never was paid back.

Only seeing 'good' in people isn't necessarily a 'bad' thing - so long as you know you may be prone to it, because there are some who will just use that to their own purpose.

When you do find someone interested in just who you are, not what you can do for them, then that is the start of a true friendship :)

wwe
18-11-2008, 01:59
wwe if you do get involved with this person, whatever you do remember what happened with the last 'friend' that took advantage of your kind nature & 'borrowed' a load of money that afaik never was paid back.

Only seeing 'good' in people isn't necessarily a 'bad' thing - so long as you know you may be prone to it, because there are some who will just use that to their own purpose.

When you do find someone interested in just who you are, not what you can do for them, then that is the start of a true friendship :)

thanks mate ill remmber all this thanks again

etccarmageddon
18-11-2008, 10:56
As in watching one...:rolleyes:only if he bothers to continue chasing this no hope situation. he's on the borderline of getting hurt.

---------- Post added at 10:56 ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 ----------

....When you do find someone interested in just who you are, not what you can do for them, then that is the start of a true friendship :)indeed wise words.

Nidge
18-11-2008, 19:34
hi ive got this girl who i work with and a mate of mine at work 2 weeks ago she just turned round to me and said that she would go out with me so later that night i text her and asked her if she was jokin she said no so i replyed why don't we then she text me back saing she was sort of seeing some one but he doing my head in im thinking of dumping him so 2 days after she told me at work that she finishes with him the next day i text her asking is there any chance for me and her she replyed i don't know yet your a good mate to me i don't want us to fall out.

what do you people reckon is she just saying it or is it true any advice would help thank you

Leave it mate by the sounds of it she's just after a bit on the side, if she's seeing someone and seeing you what's to say she'll not do the same to you when she wants a change in a few months. Relationships need a cooling off period when you've finished with someone, jumping into another relationship is not good.

Maggy
18-11-2008, 19:35
Leave it mate by the sounds of it she's just after a bit on the side, if she's seeing someone and seeing you what's to say she'll not do the same to you when she wants a change in a few months. Relationships need a cooling off period when you've finished with someone, jumping into another relationship is not good.

Excellent advice. :clap:

etccarmageddon
18-11-2008, 19:39
WWE is busy watching the movie I hope and thus learning.

and as others have pointed out, this girl is bad news. she promised to you that she'd be your g/f while she was still with the other bloke. IF you ended up with her she'd do the same to you... line someone up before you and her break up.

fireman328
19-11-2008, 23:34
To see how serious she is, tell her that you would love to date her. Once the antibiotics have started to work on the infection. That would be the acid test of true love !

:D:D:D

David1994Allan
20-11-2008, 01:02
Hey, go with what you think! Everytime someone's said just leave it you stick up for her, so clearly your already running after her. My advice, is unless your going to agree then don't ask for advice. Other than that, go with what you think, I was friends with a girl for over a year, best friends to say the least, previously dated her but she wasn't ready for another relationship, just coming out of one for 10 months, but I never lost interest and then back in April we got together again, and 7 months on we're still together... Whether this sounds gay or not, go with your heart, at least if things don't work out, you know you made your own decisions. Worked for me, and I'm thick!:nutter:

DocDutch
20-11-2008, 01:12
1 of my main rules in life... never date some1 that you work with. makes it veryyy uncomfortable if it ever would go sour.

saying that go with what every1 else has said as well... dont go for it.

bopdude
20-11-2008, 01:26
1 of my main rules in life... never date some1 that you work with. makes it veryyy uncomfortable if it ever would go sour.

saying that go with what every1 else has said as well... dont go for it.

After reading the first page and a couple of snippets here and there , I agree.

Wake up man, in the morning, look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself this, is it what I really want ? can I do better ? Do I need the baggage that this ' relationship ' is gonna bring.

In the long run, reading between the lines, don't do it, she sounds like high maintenance / hard work.

Pleased to be of service

frogstamper
20-11-2008, 04:11
When all's said and done wwe, the only way your going to find out if there is a future with this girl is to put yourself on the block and ask her out, if she says yes, get in there my son:D if she says no, thats life:shrug:
Your only young once so go for it, just remember though don't go "falling madly in love" you don't want to end up like the last guy.:)
Best of luck.:tu: