PDA

View Full Version : V+ install costs

laliho
10-11-2008, 20:33
Hello

Just ordered V+, but I have been wondering what’s with the £75 install fee, cant they just drop the box off and let me do it myself? Can’t be any more different then installing the standard v box that I got when I first signed up for digital TV or is there something more to it??

Thanks

v0id
10-11-2008, 22:23
Get your moneys worth.
Have the engineer set it up for you, ensure it's all working and have them take you through every single detail of the V+ service before you let them leave. An hour should be long enough :D

Yeah, why VM can offer self installs on a standard box and SACM, but not for the V+ service is stupid. They'd have far more people taking it up if they did

BenMcr
11-11-2008, 00:28
1) Virgin don't want to trust a box that costs as much as it does to a courier firm

2) Do you really want to trust a box that cost that much (and has a hard drive in it) to a courier firm?

v0id
11-11-2008, 01:56
1) Virgin don't want to trust a box that costs as much as it does to a courier firm

2) Do you really want to trust a box that cost that much (and has a hard drive in it) to a courier firm?

Have you never had anything delivered before, or do you believe the items just wish themselves to your front door?

batchain
11-11-2008, 02:17
Yeah, why VM can offer self installs on a standard box and SACM, but not for the V+ service is stupid. They'd have far more people taking it up if they did
Good idea. They could offer a self install option and charge a £75 activation fee or else £15 per month rental (maybe £10 with XL).

BenMcr
11-11-2008, 10:25
Have you never had anything delivered before, or do you believe the items just wish themselves to your front door?
Yes I have, and last time I had something delivered that had a hard drive in it, it failed within 2 months

virgin_tech
11-11-2008, 20:33
dont expect us to show you how its works for an hour, were given 30 mins a job including travel time :( you want us to be late home to our loved ones lol...

£75 is for the box install is free.. or install £75 and box free. not sure... guess you gotta pay £75 whatever :)