PDA

View Full Version : buzzing sound when on cable

harryfoo
19-10-2008, 10:25
hi
could anyone give me ant advise on the following problem.i recently purchased a sony bravia tv but when i turned the cable box in there is a humming/buzzing sound through the speakers, its ok when playing a dvd or vidio and when on anologue its even ok when i tried i different tv so it looks like its not tuning in correctly for some reason when on the cable box, it uses an av channel for this,the buzz goes when the scart lead is removed and i have even bought some thor scart leads but no difference any help would be appreciated.
regards
jimb

Sirius
04-11-2008, 06:37
spam reported

Maggy
04-11-2008, 07:53
You would think after two spam attempts on this thread someone might have offered the OP some assistance or help or an indication of where to seek help. :(

whydoIneedatech
04-11-2008, 09:05
hi
could anyone give me ant advise on the following problem.i recently purchased a sony bravia tv but when i turned the cable box in there is a humming/buzzing sound through the speakers, its ok when playing a dvd or vidio and when on anologue its even ok when i tried i different tv so it looks like its not tuning in correctly for some reason when on the cable box, it uses an av channel for this,the buzz goes when the scart lead is removed and i have even bought some thor scart leads but no difference any help would be appreciated.
regards
jimb
Usually you have 2 scart sockets on your television have you tried both as I had a similar issue a few years back and got buzzing in one socket but not the other.

harryfoo
04-11-2008, 21:03
hello again
thankyou for comments sorry its took so long to reply.yes i have tried the different scart sockets, i have tried every permitation i can think of, when i tune the tv i use the cable supply only and when you use the tv mode theres no buzzing only when you put it on an av channel, i have tried the various av channels but they are all the same, so to summerise its ok when on tv,videio/dvd it only buzzes when using the cable box.
regards
jimb

joglynne
04-11-2008, 21:34
If you don't get the buzzing when you use the AV channel/scart option with your DVD player do you have, or could you borrow, another TV you could try? This would establish whether it was your TV or your cable causing the problem.

Oh and https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/03/20.gif to the forum

virgin_tech
11-11-2008, 22:41
check to see if you have an isolator fitted,its the white box on the wall inside your house. if install never fitted one, then this can cause the buzzing sound

thamesvalley
11-12-2008, 20:57
if there is an isolator fitted but its quite a long cable run to the set top box, this could also be the cause, especially if the cable passes other electrical equipment along the way. Moving the isolator closer to the STB can cure the problem in this type of situation.

I once saw an install where the cable went through the garage into the lounge but passed a fridge along the way. Moved the iso from garage to lounge and cured buzzing.

on in an hour!
11-12-2008, 21:08
check to see if you have an isolator fitted,its the white box on the wall inside your house. if install never fitted one, then this can cause the buzzing sound

mute the sound when on the cable channel (on set top and tv) if you can still here the buzzing then all of the above and, whilst youre on the cable channel dissconnect the feed from the back of the set top,you should notice it stops,then above is your problem or even the other suggestion about something electrical radiating onto the cable ;)

Nedkelly
11-12-2008, 21:53
I have seen this before it was a faulty isolater :)that was causing the buzz on the tv :)

papa smurf
12-12-2008, 12:38
i bought a new TV and it started buzzing ,almost drove me nuts until my next door neighbour moved out ,then it stopped.
i think it was there wireless router.
before they got the router my TV was OK .