PDA

View Full Version : Installation issues...

dee_jay
17-10-2008, 11:08
Hi i have just moved into my new flat, so i decided to get virgin media broadband.
I already had a connection in my living room, but i wanted my broadband in my bedroom. So when the virgin media technician came i told him i want it from my living into my room because there's already a connection in my living room. And he says he cant drill a hole through the wall, but he could provide me with long cable. So now i can't shut my living room and bedroom doors properly because i have cable in the way and it looks untidy. My mum and brother are with virgin media and they have broadband and they have the wire through the walll. Did the technician try an pull a fast 1 on me? he was there 5min max, and i am paying £30 for what?

Any help much apreciated

Kymmy
17-10-2008, 11:36
Perhaps they're only allowed to drill a hole through an outside wall and only to allow entry of the cable into the house...

dee_jay
17-10-2008, 11:48
Perhaps they're only allowed to drill a hole through an outside wall and only to allow entry of the cable into the house...

But i have been living at my bros house with vmedia broadband, and the connections are in the same place, but a hole was drilled from the living room into my old bedroom.

Kymmy
17-10-2008, 11:59
When that that install done?? You never know if the rules have changed...

There should be a VM install tech along sometime soon who can give you a definate yes/no answer to what they're allowed to do..

Dytac
18-10-2008, 21:13
If you have a problem with your install you have the right to call Virgin and tell them you are not satisfied, they will take your problem up with the install Company, Virgin Install Engineers all nearly all sub contracters...........

morph178
19-10-2008, 12:41
Hi i have just moved into my new flat, so i decided to get virgin media broadband.
I already had a connection in my living room, but i wanted my broadband in my bedroom. So when the virgin media technician came i told him i want it from my living into my room because there's already a connection in my living room. And he says he cant drill a hole through the wall, but he could provide me with long cable. So now i can't shut my living room and bedroom doors properly because i have cable in the way and it looks untidy. My mum and brother are with virgin media and they have broadband and they have the wire through the walll. Did the technician try an pull a fast 1 on me? he was there 5min max, and i am paying £30 for what?

Any help much apreciated

Did he say why he couldn't drill a hole, the tech is there to put the modem exactly where you want it!! Looks like he did pull a fast one on you, call Virgin Media and get it put right!

JayJay
22-10-2008, 20:53
Sorry mate, as a Install Tech, youve been done. We can drill through walls, nothing stopping us. UNLESS there is cables/pipes/etc and we dont feel safe doing it. I personally always work out an alternative with the customer.