PDA

View Full Version : Just Stopped A Rape In Progress In My Area

PC Virgin
09-10-2008, 04:24
Thats right, I last logged in about 10-15 mins to catch up on any pm's or any of my recent post (after falling asleep early evening last night) and whilst in the middle of browsing I heard this woman screaming out for her life which I then ran out off the house nearly jack naked (lucky I had my boxers and vest on) and came dashing to this womans aid which made the attacker flee, One of the neighbours have called for the police so I'm just waiting now to give a statement, So glad I had woken up just minutes before or me thinks the woman would of gone through an horrible ordeal (even though she has already) and the attacker would of been successfully, I got a good description of the menacing brute :mad:

p.s i would of killed him if i had got my hands on him :mad:

DocDutch
09-10-2008, 04:33
shame you didnt grab him....cuz the coppers will not do anything.

Tinky
09-10-2008, 08:10
:clap:Very commendable PC, you went to this woman's aid without thought for your own safety. Hope they catch the 'menacing brute'.

Kymmy
09-10-2008, 09:19
Where abouts are you??

Chris
09-10-2008, 09:33
I then ran out off the house nearly jack naked (lucky I had my boxers and vest on) and came dashing to this womans aid which made the attacker flee,

Woman screaming, semi-naked man running towards her ... you be careful they don't put 2 and 2 together and get 5, eh? :p: ;)

It's just as well you don't live in soap opera land, or else you'd already have been nicked. :D

Graham M
09-10-2008, 09:58
Well he's not posted since :erm:

downquark1
09-10-2008, 11:40
Excellent work!

joglynne
09-10-2008, 13:27
Well done PC. :clap:

kryogenik
09-10-2008, 13:29
Well he's not posted since :erm:

He's probably getting some kip!

Well done PC. :tu:

PC Virgin
09-10-2008, 13:38
shame you didnt grab him....cuz the coppers will not do anything. If I was 10 years younger I would of done, True aboutthe police ;)

:clap:Very commendable PC, you went to this woman's aid without thought for your own safety. Hope they catch the 'menacing brute'.Thank you I just did what any decent man would of done.

Where abouts are you??Nr Wigan/Warrington :)

Woman screaming, semi-naked man running towards her ... you be careful they don't put 2 and 2 together and get 5, eh? :p: ;)

It's just as well you don't live in soap opera land, or else you'd already have been nicked. :D:)

Well he's not posted since :erm:Just logged back in, 1st time since all that happening, Anyway me and a neighbour gave a good description so its up to the police now.

Excellent work!:cool:

Well done PC. :clap::cool:

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

He's probably getting some kip!

Well done PC. :tu:Not long since got back home, Thank you as well mate ;)

Graham M
09-10-2008, 14:14
Nice work :)

Derek
09-10-2008, 15:20
shame you didnt grab him....cuz the coppers will not do anything.

Yeah the cops hate catching rapists, keeps them away from their donuts and coffee. If only women would learn to stay indoors and not venture out everything would be peachy. :rolleyes:

Any particular reason for this? or maybe its just a generic have a go at the cops reply. Either way I can assure you rapes are dealt with exceptionally seriously by the Police and if the Police are doing such a crap job how come all the people they catch are clogging up the jails getting out early to offend again?

supremus
09-10-2008, 15:51
Either way I can assure you rapes are dealt with exceptionally seriously by the Police and if the Police are doing such a crap job how come all the people they catch are clogging up the jails getting out early to offend again?This country has some of the developed world's worst conviction rates for rape, which along with the fact that victims are often treated like whores, means a high percentage of these crimes go completely unreported. In an attempt to bolster the embarrassing statistics, the police have instead become far more interested in "legitimate" consensual sex involving young, just barely underage people, because no other evidence than the person's age is required to prove rape. It's a cheaper "investigation", and there isn't much more paperwork required than adding a harmless person's name to the sex register.

Good work, though, PC.

SMG
09-10-2008, 16:17
Excellent work PC. Good on ya!

PeteTheMusicGuy
09-10-2008, 16:31
Well done PC and here is well deserved pint for you :beer:.

Nugget
09-10-2008, 16:52
This country has some of the developed world's worst conviction rates for rape, which along with the fact that victims are often treated like whores, means a high percentage of these crimes go completely unreported. In an attempt to bolster the embarrassing statistics, the police have instead become far more interested in "legitimate" consensual sex involving young, just barely underage people, because no other evidence than the person's age is required to prove rape. It's a cheaper "investigation", and there isn't much more paperwork required than adding a harmless person's name to the sex register.

Good work, though, PC.

You do realise what Derek does, don't you ;)

supremus
09-10-2008, 17:06
You do realise what Derek does, don't you ;)Who's Derek?

Graham M
09-10-2008, 17:23
Who's Derek?

The Moderator you were replying to: Derek S

supremus
09-10-2008, 17:50
The Moderator you were replying to: Derek SI see. Well, then I don't know what he does. Can I assume from the question that he's a policeman?

Maggy
09-10-2008, 17:56
I see. Well, then I don't know what he does. Can I assume from the question that he's a policeman?

Yes and he's rather entitled to be sarcastic when people state that he and his colleagues aren't doing their job as is so frequently posted on CF.

DocDutch
09-10-2008, 18:02
Yeah the cops hate catching rapists, keeps them away from their donuts and coffee. If only women would learn to stay indoors and not venture out everything would be peachy. :rolleyes:

Any particular reason for this? or maybe its just a generic have a go at the cops reply. Either way I can assure you rapes are dealt with exceptionally seriously by the Police and if the Police are doing such a crap job how come all the people they catch are clogging up the jails getting out early to offend again?

Derek chill mate :) I know your a copper :) what I ment to say is that in a case of a rape I think prison is too (okay how to make it sound less harsh then it should be) much of a holiday. send them off to Siberia or public gallows :D

supremus
09-10-2008, 18:07
Yes and he's rather entitled to be sarcastic when people state that he and his colleagues aren't doing their job as is so frequently posted on CF.Indeed he is. I've made no assumptions about Derek or his professional conduct, though. I happened to receive above-and-beyond attention from my local police force myself a few years ago, I know policemen who themselves have echoed my sentiments about the leadership demands for fluffed up statistics, and I certainly don't take the view that all British cops are useless.

kryogenik
09-10-2008, 18:23
along with the fact that victims are often treated like whores

:confused:

Whores??
That's a terrible thing to say. And I'd say highly unsubstantiated.
Having worked with some of the fantastic, unyielding people that run refuges and subsequently police officers involved, in my experience they have both been extremely caring, compassionate and professional in every way.
To say victims of rape are 'often' treated as whores is a flabbergasting comment, and completely unfair.
:td:

etccarmageddon
09-10-2008, 18:34
This country has some of the developed world's worst conviction rates for rape...I think part of the problem is, there is a small number of ladies who use 'rape' as a way of fitting people up.

Thats right, I last logged in about 10-15 mins to catch up on any pm's or any of my recent post (after falling asleep early evening last night) and whilst in the middle of browsing I heard this woman screaming out for her life which I then ran out off the house nearly jack naked (lucky I had my boxers and vest on) and came dashing to this womans aid which made the attacker flee, One of the neighbours have called for the police so I'm just waiting now to give a statement, So glad I had woken up just minutes before or me thinks the woman would of gone through an horrible ordeal (even though she has already) and the attacker would of been successfully, I got a good description of the menacing brute :mad:

p.s i would of killed him if i had got my hands on him :mad:well done.

Derek
09-10-2008, 18:34
Derek chill mate :) I know your a copper :) what I ment to say is that in a case of a rape I think prison is too (okay how to make it sound less harsh then it should be) much of a holiday. send them off to Siberia or public gallows :D

Ah OK. Sorry the response was a bit OTT. A combination of things have put me in a very bad mood right now. :(

This country has some of the developed world's worst conviction rates for rape, which along with the fact that victims are often treated like whores, means a high percentage of these crimes go completely unreported.

Treated like whores. Possibly in court be some shameless defense lawyer, not during the investigation. Things have changed like banning the accused from conducting his own defense.
You also have to take into account by its very nature most rape cases will be the word of one person versus another.

If you were a juror and had a case where one person, probably suited up and looking respectable, says he was out with a girl, they both got drunk and had consensual sex and the only evidence against him was the girl saying it wasn't consensual would you be happy giving him a guilty verdict?

In an attempt to bolster the embarrassing statistics, the police have instead become far more interested in "legitimate" consensual sex involving young, just barely underage people, because no other evidence than the person's age is required to prove rape.

Tosh. Do you think the Police go out questioning couples who look like one of them is under 16 fishing for crimes? They still need to have it reported to them to investigate it.

DocDutch
09-10-2008, 19:15
Ah OK. Sorry the response was a bit OTT. A combination of things have put me in a very bad mood right now. :(

happens to the best of us mate :) its stressful anywhere jobwise and I dont think yours is the easiest especially in Glasgow.

supremus
09-10-2008, 21:30
Treated like whores. Possibly in court be some shameless defense lawyer, not during the investigation.Yes, that's what I meant. I have no reason to think the police or the support system are anything other than compassionate towards the victim.

You also have to take into account by its very nature most rape cases will be the word of one person versus another.Sure, but that's the case anywhere in the world. I don't remember the exact numbers, but the statistic I saw probably about a year ago put Britain dead-last among 50 or so countries. Do you have a view on why that may be?

Tosh. Do you think the Police go out questioning couples who look like one of them is under 16 fishing for crimes?No, that's not what I said, but as a policeman, you must surely know about how things are "massaged" for the sake of statistics?

Derek
09-10-2008, 22:02
but the statistic I saw probably about a year ago put Britain dead-last among 50 or so countries. Do you have a view on why that may be?

From a Scottish point of view a big chunk of it is down to the 'Not Proven (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_proven)' verdict.

No, that's not what I said, but as a policeman, you must surely know about how things are "massaged" for the sake of statistics?

As has been pointed out in other threads there are some crimes that can't be massaged away easily. Off the top of my head Murder and Rape are probably the biggest of these.

That said the Scottish definition of rape is so narrow quite a few cases are prosecuted as Indecent Assault when almost anywhere else in the World it would be classed as rape.

supremus
10-10-2008, 00:09
From a Scottish point of view a big chunk of it is down to the 'Not Proven (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_proven)' verdict.It doesn't strike me as significantly different circumstances than anywhere else.

As has been pointed out in other threads there are some crimes that can't be massaged away easily. Off the top of my head Murder and Rape are probably the biggest of these.In terms of the exact definition, I suppose it depends on how you choose to prosecute any given case, but I didn't mean massaged away, quite the opposite. What I'm told, and feel free to contradict this, is that the poor rape conviction figures had prompted a greater interest in statutory rape for the sake of making the statistics look better, which means that cases such as consensual sex, where one participant is just under legal age, would be far more likely to be prosecuted than ever before. Presumably, this also has a lot to do with an increased interest in child abuse, which is obviously a very serious issue, but not necessarily the same as the example I mentioned.

That said the Scottish definition of rape is so narrow quite a few cases are prosecuted as Indecent Assault when almost anywhere else in the World it would be classed as rape.OK, but do you feel that affects the conviction rate of cases that are prosecuted as rape?

TheDaddy
10-10-2008, 00:15
:confused:

Whores??
That's a terrible thing to say. And I'd say highly unsubstantiated.
Having worked with some of the fantastic, unyielding people that run refuges and subsequently police officers involved, in my experience they have both been extremely caring, compassionate and professional in every way.
To say victims of rape are 'often' treated as whores is a flabbergasting comment, and completely unfair.
:td:

It's not unfair, many women are to affraid to report attacks because of reports of rapists getting 'let of' due to the victim wearing to short a skirt, getting drunk, 'asking for it' etc etc etc

ShaneC
10-10-2008, 00:44
GJ PC, hope you feel pretty chuffed with yourself right now, not everyone has that attitude when it comes to helping others. Good for you.

Maggy
10-10-2008, 09:39
It's not unfair, many women are to affraid to report attacks because of reports of rapists getting 'let of' due to the victim wearing to short a skirt, getting drunk, 'asking for it' etc etc etc

But that is not how the police currently deal with rape and as pointed out that is down to the confrontational style of the courts when the evidence comes down to one person's word against another's.It's barristers who tend to be asking and implying that a victim was 'asking for it' not the police.It's the fear of the court experience that tends to put a victim off.:(

Russ
10-10-2008, 09:52
Whatever you think about the way the courts deal with rapists, there's one less woman having to live with the trauma for the rest of her life due to the OP :clap:

Maggy
10-10-2008, 10:05
Agreed and well done to PCV for doing his civic duty...:clap:

tweetypie/8
10-10-2008, 11:30

p.s i would of killed him if i had got my hands on him :mad:

fair doos pc.:tu:

supremus
10-10-2008, 13:31
But that is not how the police currently deal with rape and as pointed out that is down to the confrontational style of the courts when the evidence comes down to one person's word against another's.It's barristers who tend to be asking and implying that a victim was 'asking for it' not the police.It's the fear of the court experience that tends to put a victim off.:(Nobody said it was the police. Do you think a rape victim is going to feel reassured when you tell her that it's not until she gets to court she'll be humiliated?

Maggy
10-10-2008, 13:38
Nobody said it was the police. Do you think a rape victim is going to feel reassured when you tell her that it's not until she gets to court she'll be humiliated?

So?I was merely correcting someone else's assertion that it is the police who are responsible for the fear of reporting a rape...but everything posted by anyone is grist to your trolling.

supremus
10-10-2008, 13:42
So?I was merely correcting someone else's assertion that it is the police who are responsible for the fear of reporting a rape...The person you quoted did not say the police were the culprits.

but everything posted by anyone is grist to your trolling.No, I was merely correcting something. As a moderator, if you really believe the trolling accusation, I'd encourage you to take the appropriate action, or Chris might call strawman on you. ;) Disagreeing with incorrect statements is not trolling. I'm just trying to raise the bar around here.

Chris
10-10-2008, 13:48
The person you quoted did not say the police were the culprits.

No, I was merely correcting something. If you really believe the trolling accusation, as a moderator, you should take the appropriate action,

Now, what have I said about pseudo-modding? ;)

or Chris is going to call strawman on you. If not, I might.

If you knew what it meant - which you appear to have suggested elsewhere you don't. And judging by your use of it in this context, you don't.

Disagreeing with incorrect statements is not trolling.

Doing so in a way liable to inflame a discussion rather than take it forwards is trolling. The CF Team are the only arbiters on this site when it comes to deciding whether that's what is happening.

I'm just trying to raise the bar around here.

And yet you keep cracking your head against it. Never mind.

supremus
10-10-2008, 13:55
Now, what have I said about pseudo-modding? ;)"it's a dirty job, but someone has to do it"? ;)

If you knew what it meant - which you appear to have suggested elsewhere you don't. And judging by your use of it in this context, you don't.I thought it was just something you threw around randomly at people you didn't agree with?

Doing so in a way liable to inflame a discussion rather than take it forwards is trolling. The CF Team are the only arbiters on this site when it comes to deciding whether that's what is happening.And you're doing a fine job. That wasn't even sarcastic. But as I'm sure you'll agree, my correction was not intended to inflame, but differing opinions can have a tendency to do so, which appears to say more about the inflamed party than anything else. Regardless, it was a valid correction.

PC Virgin
10-10-2008, 14:14
well done.

Good work, though, PC.

Well done PC and here is well deserved pint for you :beer:.

Nice work :)

Excellent work PC. Good on ya!:) Thanks guy's :smokin:

FAO: Derek S, Only joking before mateTrue about the policeI respect the police, So no hard feelings :)