PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with votes

chrisjones
08-10-2008, 10:33
Hi,
Firstly - I'm really sorry for posting this here, I wasnt sure where the Off Topic Chat goes, and since I mainly post in here that would be a good place to start.

Me and my partner Alice were entered by a family member into a competition to win our wedding. Voting started today at http://www.strayfm.com/minisite/oldswanwedding/
To vote you have to go to the site, scroll down the middle page and fill in the details it asks for. Remember you need to vote Alice & Chris.
We just bought our first house and are expecting our first child together, winning this comp would be a fantastic end to the year..... OH and we are keeping our Virgin connection when the new house is ready :-P

http://www.strayfm.com/minisite/oldswanwedding/

Thanks guys!!

Chris
08-10-2008, 10:38
Moved to the 'Lifestyle' forum.

Kymmy
08-10-2008, 10:41
Guys I hope you get it, but you really should warn others that their details are likely to get them SPAM and/or cold calls as it is asking for your name, email and telephone number.....

STONEISLAND
08-10-2008, 10:42
snip

Thanks guys!!

Done and good luck. ;) :D

Chris
08-10-2008, 10:47
Guys I hope you get it, but you really should warn others that their details are likely to get them SPAM and/or cold calls as it is asking for your name, email and telephone number.....

That may be so they can verify genuine votes by randomly sampling them, or so they can go looking for soundbites from the 'friends' of the lucky winning couple.

I suspect the wheels will come off Chris and Alice's campaign pretty quickly if Stray FM discovers they've been orchestrating an internet-wide voting campaign.

Of course, anyone voting for them could supply fake contact details, but then this is only likely to hasten their demise ...

chrisjones
08-10-2008, 10:57
I checked - We can get votes from ANYONE, ANYWHERE. Since its being announced on the radio every other ad break people we dont know will be voting for us anyway.

MovedGoalPosts
08-10-2008, 11:17
So if you win, does this mean we're all invited to the party :D

chrisjones
08-10-2008, 11:21
You know full well I'll have no say in that, wife to be and mother in law have a firm grasp on that!
Ive been handed the task of getting votes in!

Kymmy
08-10-2008, 11:24
Rob, you should have asked..."Am I invited to the Stag Party"

Now where's Alice, Maggy and I have a question for her ;)

joglynne
08-10-2008, 11:43
I'm a softy when it comes to romantic weddings so you've both got my vote. :)

chrisjones
08-10-2008, 15:30
Thanks so much for all your votes - This means an awful lot to my GF... I'm trying hard to achieve a win :-)

Nugget
08-10-2008, 15:37
Thanks so much for all your votes - This means an awful lot to my GF... I'm trying hard to achieve a win :-)

Doesn't mean that much to you then?

;)

chrisjones
08-10-2008, 16:19
If it means I never have to go through this voting process ever again, then YES it means an AWFUL lot to me too! lol

Nugget
08-10-2008, 16:29
If it means I never have to go through this voting process ever again, then YES it means an AWFUL lot to me too! lol

Sounds fair :D

You've got my vote anyway :)

frogstamper
08-10-2008, 16:41
Got my vote also, all the best for the both of you...don't forget to post a few pics.

Angua
08-10-2008, 18:38
Voted :tu:

Perhaps you could try this (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1069192/Couple-trawl-streets-litter-months-recycle-pay-honeymoon-flight.html) for the honeymoon :D

wigro
09-10-2008, 00:34
Voted also , good luck :)

chrisjones
13-10-2008, 09:09
Thanks everyone! Voting doesnt end until this Thursday, please keep those votes coming!

Big thanks guys

LSainsbury
13-10-2008, 12:09
Isn't doing this, kinda vote rigging?

chrisjones
13-10-2008, 12:23
We were told by the radio station we can get votes from anyone, anywhere. Its all legit. Its an open competition in which said radio station invites on air for the public to vote for their fave couple.
Please understand how important this is to us, me. If it seems like I'm desperate doing this, well honestly, its because I am. I'm not looking for anyones pity, but I am sure you all understand times are hard at the moment and an opportunity like this can't be passed up.
We all do things for our family above and beyond.
I respect your decision if you choose not to vote. Its cool.

Fingy
13-10-2008, 13:21
Voted.

Wooossaaaahhhh!

chrisjones
13-10-2008, 13:28
Thanks Fingy :-)
............ although Lee's message has got me all a panic now, I don't see how Ive done anything wrong if this is an 'open to the public vote, but im worried now! :-S

joglynne
13-10-2008, 17:13
All you are doing here is letting all your friends know about the competition. You wouldn't think twice about letting your workmates know about the vote so stop worrying.

Vote rigging would be you encouraging people to vote multiple times and as far as I can see the voting site has that angle covered.

chrisjones
13-10-2008, 17:44
*sigh of relief*
Yeah thats what I thought. In fact ive gone out of my way to do this properly. I heard of people that have been part of competitions like this in the past that have created 'fake' emails addresses, used IP cloning and even written programs to vote for them! I may well have spent every day since last week asking people to vote, but ive asked for genuine votes the whole way along.

alferret
13-10-2008, 21:09
Hope you win Chris. All the best for the future.

:tu: Voted

frogstamper
13-10-2008, 21:16
Thanks Fingy :-)
............ although Lee's message has got me all a panic now, I don't see how Ive done anything wrong if this is an 'open to the public vote, but im worried now! :-S

All you've done is show a bit of initiative Chris...its not your fault posters on CF want to vote for you and your good lady.;)

All the best.

chrisjones
16-10-2008, 08:08
Hi guys - Just to let you know voting ends today at 12 noon. Thanks again for all your support.