PDA

View Full Version : Fined for staying too long at KFC

Russ
02-10-2008, 09:18
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1757267.ece

There are so many sub-stories in this I don't know where to start.....

STONEISLAND
02-10-2008, 09:31
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1757267.ece

There are so many sub-stories in this I don't know where to start.....

She is fit :drool: :D

MovedGoalPosts
02-10-2008, 09:46
The comments from "readers" are quite amusing

Looking at the state of those arms I bet she ordered Chicken Wings :rofl:

But 14 pieces of chicken and other stuff between just 2 people. :eek:

Enuff
02-10-2008, 09:51
KFC should pay the fine, A KFC spokesman said: “A parking restriction was introduced to prevent non-KFC customers using the car park. Our customers generally eat for about 30 minutes.

People go to these places to relax and take time out. I wouldn't want the stress of worrying about a fine.

She can eat KFC 7 days a week, it's nothing to do with me, but The Sun wants you to believe that it's her fault because of her size and lifestyle.

Julian
02-10-2008, 11:23
The comments from "readers" are quite amusing

:rofl:

But 14 pieces of chicken and other stuff between just 2 people. :eek:

LMAO

Even better comment...

Dear Natalie, please ignore the hateful comments about your larger than life size and appetite. Some men like a big woman, just carry a bag of flour with you so we can find the damp patch. :rofl: :rofl:

Chicken
02-10-2008, 11:25
...The trainee nurse and a pal plumped for FOURTEEN chicken pieces...vowed there was fat chance of her paying the £150...

You think they might be trying to tell her something..?

Sirius
02-10-2008, 11:35
The 24-year-old fumed yesterday: “It’s disgusting. I spend a lot of money in there. Now I’m never going back.” - Looking at her, that might be a blessing in disguise.

And will cut down on deliveries to that KFC, That should reduce the UK's carbon emissions :LOL:

punky
02-10-2008, 11:39
TBH, I would have rather paid the £150 than be featured like that in The Sun.

KFC monster bucket - £14.13
Cost of losing your dignity in the national press - £150.

Hang on that didn't work right :scratch:

Stuart
02-10-2008, 11:53
KFC should pay the fine,

People go to these places to relax and take time out. I wouldn't want the stress of worrying about a fine.

She can eat KFC 7 days a week, it's nothing to do with me, but The Sun wants you to believe that it's her fault because of her size and lifestyle.

How many people spend 1.5 hours at any fast food restaurant? Ok, so I can understand someone spending a couple of hours at a non-fast food restaurant, but most people pop in the likes of KFC, McDonalds or Burger King for a quick bite before going somewhere.

BTW, HTF does she eat that much? I am a big bloke (about 6ft and overweight) and love KFC, but even I can't eat 7 bits of chicken and a bag and half of chips..

Chris
02-10-2008, 11:54
TBH, I would have rather paid the £150 than be featured like that in The Sun.

KFC monster bucket - £14.13
Cost of losing your dignity in the national press - £150.

Hang on that didn't work right :scratch:

Perhaps you meant:

KFC monster bucket ... £14.13.
Parking fine ... £150.
Becoming a chav legend ... priceless.

:D

zing_deleted
02-10-2008, 11:58
How many people spend 1.5 hours at any fast food restaurant? Ok, so I can understand someone spending a couple of hours at a non-fast food restaurant, but most people pop in the likes of KFC, McDonalds or Burger King for a quick bite before going somewhere.

BTW, HTF does she eat that much? I am a big bloke (about 6ft and overweight) and love KFC, but even I can't eat 7 bits of chicken and a bag and half of chips..

But you should be allowed to stay that long if you so need.What if there is a big queue and they run out of chicken twice that could easily take up half an hour before you get served. I have known this to happen. Then why should you not relax and enjoy your food? Fining someone who spent all the time in the place when the fines are in place to stop none customers parking there all day is just wrong

Kymmy
02-10-2008, 12:34
Perhaps we should merge this thread and the present SLIMMING thread ;)

georgepomone
02-10-2008, 16:08
There are a few car parks attached to fast food places where this is happening. The buckets of chicken apart it is a disgrace that this woman has to put up with all this publicity. There is a McDonalds at Gatwick where the same thing happens. This is happening all over the place. Whether agreeing with her eating habits is anything to do with it. These places are making a fortune out of car parking.
George.

Chris
02-10-2008, 16:25
What is she 'putting up' with? Judging by the photo of her standing outside the KFC holding up her fine notice, I'd say the only reason the Sun has the story is because she gave it to them ... or tried to sell it to them, more likely.

shawty
02-10-2008, 16:32
There are a few car parks attached to fast food places where this is happening. The buckets of chicken apart it is a disgrace that this woman has to put up with all this publicity. There is a McDonalds at Gatwick where the same thing happens. This is happening all over the place. Whether agreeing with her eating habits is anything to do with it. These places are making a fortune out of car parking.
George.

Are you saying The Sun published this article without her permission? The only disgrace out of this whole story (including this thread) is you seem to have got the wrong end of the story.

Mr_love_monkey
02-10-2008, 16:39
I feel I should point out that I am capable of eating a 10 piece bucket with 4 fries.

Admittedly I don't go 3 times a week, more like once every 2 or 3 months - but still, I don't see anything wrong with 7 pieces of chicken

Chris
02-10-2008, 16:43
I feel I should point out that I am capable of eating a 10 piece bucket with 4 fries.

Admittedly I don't go 3 times a week, more like once every 2 or 3 months - but still, I don't see anything wrong with 7 pieces of chicken

Unless your physique is anything like hers, I don't see anything wrong with it either.

As for Miss Jackson ... maybe she'll walk to KFC in the future, it would do her some good.

Nugget
02-10-2008, 16:54

Look, we all know that's because it's the only way you can get your hands on breasts...

dilli-theclaw
02-10-2008, 16:55
MMMmmm :)

zing_deleted
02-10-2008, 16:56
A lot of bigger people are happy with being big look at Dawn French. If she is happy with herself then I can not see a problem with her size . After all dieting being thin and healthy only sometimes staves off the inevitable anyway . Each to their own it is important to at least try to be happy in life
Anyone here who is fit and healthy but sad cuz they miss a curry or their carbs etc could easily be hit by a bus a car at anytime

MovedGoalPosts
02-10-2008, 16:57
MMMmmm :)

Someone mentioned that word didn't they.

:notopic::D

shawty
02-10-2008, 16:58

Well neither does everyone else, execpt that she eats it 3 times a week, while also being the size she is, she is a trainee nurse.

Chris
02-10-2008, 16:59
A lot of bigger people are happy with being big look at Dawn French. If she is happy with herself then I can not see a problem with her size . After all dieting being thin and healthy only sometimes staves off the inevitable anyway . Each to their own it is important to at least try to be happy in life

Excessive eating causing morbid obesity is frequently a sign that someone isn't happy with themselves though. And the lack of energy and alertness she will suffer due to being in that condition will by no means help her either.

How do you know Dawn French is happy?

zing_deleted
02-10-2008, 17:00
Well neither does everyone else, execpt that she eats it 3 times a week, while also being the size she is, she is a trainee nurse.

having to work long hours in a stressful often thankless job. So what if she overeats? its upto her

shawty
02-10-2008, 17:00
Anyone here who is fit and healthy but sad cuz they miss a curry or their carbs etc could easily be hit by a bus a car at anytime

Or on the flip side, if your eating takeaways 3 days a week, you could only live to 30 due to heart failure or any other such illnesses due to eating unhealthy. Not I dont really want to live till im 100, I certainly want to reduce my risk of dying at 30.

zing_deleted
02-10-2008, 17:01
Excessive eating causing morbid obesity is frequently a sign that someone isn't happy with themselves though. And the lack of energy and alertness she will suffer due to being in that condition will by no means help her either.

How do you know Dawn French is happy?

cuz she has made it clear on countless occassions. Obviously she could be lying and not happy. Who is anyone of us to judge this woman? she bought the chicken and im sure she enjoyed it

shawty
02-10-2008, 17:02
having to work long hours in a stressful often thankless job. So what if she overeats? its upto her

No one said it wasnt, but its not very professional is it. In the NHS, your supposed to be saving people, its not very professional when the said person is also slowly killing herslef due to the way she eats.

zing_deleted
02-10-2008, 17:03
Or on the flip side, if your eating takeaways 3 days a week, you could only live to 30 due to heart failure or any other such illnesses due to eating unhealthy. Not I dont really want to live till im 100, I certainly want to reduce my risk of dying at 30.

well if everyone was fit and healthy and didnt smoke over eat comsume saturated fat and ate 5 fruit and veg a day think of the population crisis then;)

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

No one said it wasnt, but its not very professional is it. In the NHS, your supposed to be saving people, its not very professional when the said person is also slowly killing herslef due to the way she eats.

oh we all lead by example dont we

shawty
02-10-2008, 17:05
well if everyone was fit and healthy and didnt smoke over eat comsume saturated fat and ate 5 fruit and veg a day think of the population crisis then;)

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

oh we all lead by example dont we

Thats not really a counter argument is it, thats just being silly.

Mr_love_monkey
02-10-2008, 17:07
Look, we all know that's because it's the only way you can get your hands on breasts...

I like my breasts coated in herbs and spices....

..but enough of what I do in my spare time

zing_deleted
02-10-2008, 17:07
I am just pointing out that it is her choice what she does what food she eats whether or not she does anything about her weight .I am sure plenty of people there stand outside smoking on their breaks. I do see prejuduce against obese or overweight people and it is tolerated. When I was at my biggest I used to have kids extracting the urine all the time and often "normal" members of the public used to laugh at it.

At the end of the day this womans fine was unjustified which is what this thread is about not if she is overweight or over eats

shawty
02-10-2008, 17:11
I am just pointing out that it is her choice what she does what food she eats whether or not she does anything about her weight .I am sure plenty of people there stand outside smoking on their breaks. I do see prejuduce against obese or overweight people and it is tolerated. When I was at my biggest I used to have kids extracting the urine all the time and often "normal" members of the public used to laugh at it.

At the end of the day this womans fine was unjustified which is what this thread is about not if she is overweight or over eats

How was it unjustified? I dont see how a fast food restraunts carpark limit of 1 hour and 15 minutes is unreasonable. Esepcially if the correct signage is up and clear.

I say being overwight has everything to do with it, not the fine but the overall article in the paper is to paint the picture of the women bing overweight.

zing_deleted
02-10-2008, 17:13
because the customer spent all the time in the place

from the article
A spokesman said: “A parking restriction was introduced to prevent non-KFC customers using the car park.

this does not apply to her

shawty
02-10-2008, 17:19
because the customer spent all the time in the place

from the article

this does not apply to her

It was introduced to stop it, that does not mean that she still didnt break the rules. The ovewrall stay there is 1 hour and 15 minutes, she overstayed that, without seeing what the sign says, then as far as Im aware at the moment, the ticket was justified.

zing_deleted
02-10-2008, 17:20
We will have to agree to differ :)

shawty
02-10-2008, 17:22
We will have to agree to differ :)

Not really. Its pretty simple, the rule was there to stop none paying KFC users parking there, so they put a time limit on, she broke it, thats pretty clear cut to me aslong as the signs state that.

If it was the one like what used to be near me, then fair enough. That stated "for KFC customers only", then you would have the point your trying to have now.

zing_deleted
02-10-2008, 17:23
Sorry but I do not agree with you so I agree to differ from you you can agree to differ or not matters not :)

Chris
02-10-2008, 17:30
Sorry but I do not agree with you so I agree to differ from you you can agree to differ or not matters not :)

Shawty is right about this. The maximum stay rule may have been introduced in order to address a particular problem, but it was worded in such a way as to prevent *anyone* staying more than 75 minutes in the car park. As such, the rule *does* apply to her. Unintended consequences perhaps, but consequences nonetheless.

However it's a rule in a private car park, not a law. KFC and their enforcement agents are perfectly at liberty to choose not to apply it in this case.

shawty
02-10-2008, 17:32

Hang on. Surely you agree there is a time limit on the car park, yes?

So surely you can admit she broke that, yes?

So how is the parking fine, unjustified, going by them two statements?

Like I said, the one enar me was worded different and had no time limit on, so yes, you would have a point, but this wasnt the one near me and has different rules.

Stuart
02-10-2008, 18:11

And in spending her life doing stuff that is bad for her, she would be joining a lot of other NHS staff. I used to work in a hospital, I have a fairly good idea of what some Nurses get up to. And a lot isn't healthy..

In my original post, I actually expressed no opinion on the parking, and don't really have an opinion on how much she eats (if she wants to eat 3, 7 or 70 pieces of chicken, it's not my business).

I still stand by what I say though. In my experience most people don't go to fast food restaurants for 1 and a half hours. Even if the place is busy, they just go elsewhere (I don't know her area, but I am fairly certain there is more than one KFC in the immediate area).

kryogenik
02-10-2008, 18:26
Up to her what she does with her body and her money. As long as it's not hurting anyone, who should care if she herself doesn't?

Car park rules say 75 mins. Stay over it and risk getting fined. She did and did.
She probably diodn't realise & KFC will more than likely drop the fine.

Summed up: a complete non-story.

LSainsbury
02-10-2008, 18:42
Shawty: What is it with you and fines, particularly car parking fines?

shawty
02-10-2008, 19:15
Shawty: What is it with you and fines, particularly car parking fines?

If you had some land, would you want people parking all over it when they shouldnt? Its not my fault that when I park my car, I make sure I park it in a place Im allowed.

Anyway, what is it with you, that even though I explain myself everytime a subject like this comes up, you or anyone else keep having to ask the same question over again.

zoombini
02-10-2008, 23:42
Thing is, there is jack that they can do about it, the "fine" cannot be enforced & all she has to do is ignore it. It will not go to court, so no bailiffs can be called in & she need not worry.

Somehow I think she will be eating buckets elsewhere though :D

shawty
03-10-2008, 14:20
Thing is, there is jack that they can do about it, the "fine" cannot be enforced & all she has to do is ignore it. It will not go to court, so no bailiffs can be called in & she need not worry.

Somehow I think she will be eating buckets elsewhere though :D

Why can the fine not be enforced?

TheDaddy
04-10-2008, 02:42
Why can the fine not be enforced?

Because they can't prove who was driving the vehicle in most cases, just because some times these fly by night cowboy operations pay the DVLA to provide them with details of the registered keeper and bother to send a letter doesn't mean they are enforcing anything, if you ask them to substantiate who was driving they'll not pursue it, especially if you ask them to do it in court.

Also KFC should check the terms of the planning permission, normally retail parks and the like are obliged to provide free parking for anyone on site regardless of whether they are using any particular shops or facilities

shawty
04-10-2008, 17:12
Because they can't prove who was driving the vehicle in most cases, just because some times these fly by night cowboy operations pay the DVLA to provide them with details of the registered keeper and bother to send a letter doesn't mean they are enforcing anything, if you ask them to substantiate who was driving they'll not pursue it, especially if you ask them to do it in court.

Also KFC should check the terms of the planning permission, normally retail parks and the like are obliged to provide free parking for anyone on site regardless of whether they are using any particular shops or facilities

Why would they have to prove who was driving? What law is that? Surely if that is a law then its a stupid one, regardless of who is driving the car, the car was still parked there. You and plenty of others would soon moan when the same car was parked on your driveway.

Obligied by who? What rule is this? Surely, its up to the person who owns the land? Which would be KFC? Also it was free. There was nothing to state that it was for KFC customers only, not that we know of anyway.

TheDaddy
04-10-2008, 17:38
Why would they have to prove who was driving? What law is that? Surely if that is a law then its a stupid one, regardless of who is driving the car, the car was still parked ther

You are denying liability for the fine, in my experience it's very doubtful they'll pursue it

You and plenty of others would soon moan when the same car was parked on your driveway

Why are you trying to make it personal? You asked why they wouldn't enforce it and I gave you several reasons, at no time have I expressed support for the heifers position.

Obligied by who? What rule is this? Surely, its up to the person who owns the land? Which would be KFC? Also it was free. There was nothing to state that it was for KFC customers only, not that we know of anyway

Obliged by the local authority granting planning permission in a lot of cases and yes it is up to the people who own the land, whether they want to have a retail park or not. And no it almost certainly wouldn't be KFC if it's on a retail park. It isn't free if they are charging £150 is it, the heifer should speak to her local authority to see what stipulations are attached to the original application, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out this fine and all others levied there are illegal.

shawty
04-10-2008, 18:15
You are denying liability for the fine, in my experience it's very doubtful they'll pursue it

Why are you trying to make it personal? You asked why they wouldn't enforce it and I gave you several reasons, at no time have I expressed support for the heifers position.

Obliged by the local authority granting planning permission in a lot of cases and yes it is up to the people who own the land, whether they want to have a retail park or not. And no it almost certainly wouldn't be KFC if it's on a retail park. It isn't free if they are charging £150 is it, the heifer should speak to her local authority to see what stipulations are attached to the original application, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out this fine and all others levied there are illegal.

Thats a lot of if's and buts with no real evidence.

The car was parked there. Isnt it the case of who owns the car should know who is driving it at any time. Wasnt that a new law passed.

Not making personal, but its true. I for one and you would not want people parking on our driveways, so why do we park were we shouldnt?

Do we know this is on a retail park? Or is it just a KFC. Again a lot of ifs and buts, but for all we know the car park might but owned by KFC. Of course its free, as far as we know, its free for anyone to use for 75 minutes. The £150 is a fine for staying in the car park to long, not for using the car park. I dont see how they would be illegal.

Chris
04-10-2008, 21:45
Thats a lot of if's and buts with no real evidence.

The car was parked there. Isnt it the case of who owns the car should know who is driving it at any time. Wasnt that a new law passed.

Not making personal, but its true. I for one and you would not want people parking on our driveways, so why do we park were we shouldnt?

Do we know this is on a retail park? Or is it just a KFC. Again a lot of ifs and buts, but for all we know the car park might but owned by KFC. Of course its free, as far as we know, its free for anyone to use for 75 minutes. The £150 is a fine for staying in the car park to long, not for using the car park. I dont see how they would be illegal.
I don't think TheDaddy is saying the company is unjustified in setting terms of use for its car park and then enforcing those terms. So far as I can see, he is simply suggesting that despite those terms, it is usually possible to get away without paying their 'fine'.