PDA

View Full Version : Abysmal "customer support"

rossdagley
29-09-2008, 14:28
I think just figured out VM's master-plan method of keeping subscribers:

Phoned 150:

12:30 - navigate phone menu to "thinking of leaving" to get automated "the person you are calling is not signed in"

13:15 - navigate phone menu to "changes to package" - woman answers who asks for the landline number - I tell her I can't remember it (honestly cant!) as never use it, she sighs and hangs up.

13:20 - navigate phone menu to "thinking of leaving" again - same message.

So it would appear VM's customer retention plan is to simply cut-off anyone calling to cancel services.

Another nail in the VM coffin for me. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Looks like I'll have to write to you - I'm tempted to send the letter recorded delivery, but wonder whether there'll actually be anyone in the office to bother signing for the letter.... :rolleyes:

moaningmags
29-09-2008, 14:34

Phoned 150:

12:30 - navigate phone menu to "thinking of leaving" to get automated "the person you are calling is not signed in"

Sounds like an issue with their phone system.

13:15 - navigate phone menu to "changes to package" - woman answers who asks for the landline number - I tell her I can't remember it (honestly cant!) as never use it, she sighs and hangs up.

You never give out your home phone number or write it in when filling in forms?

13:20 - navigate phone menu to "thinking of leaving" again - same message.

So it would appear VM's customer retention plan is to simply cut-off anyone calling to cancel services.

Another nail in the VM coffin for me. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Looks like I'll have to write to you - I'm tempted to send the letter recorded delivery, but wonder whether there'll actually be anyone in the office to bother signing for the letter.... :rolleyes:

General Enquiries,
Virgin Media,
PO Box 333,
Matrix Court,
Swansea.
SA7 9ZJ

or

Complaints,
Virgin Media,
PO Box 333,
Matrix Court,
Swansea.
SA7 9ZJ

Or the complaint form found at:-
https://help2.virginmedia.com/assets/customer_zone/complaintformCZ.html

xspeedyx
29-09-2008, 14:38
Wow I wonder why I have to speak to customer and save them if this is the plan VM are taking

rossdagley
29-09-2008, 15:12
Wow I wonder why I have to speak to customer and save them if this is the plan VM are taking

Clearly you dont - try answering the phone ;)

fireman328
29-09-2008, 15:18
I usually do not put my telephone number on any forms or requests for my number as I found it attracted cold callers shortly afterwards.

moaningmags
29-09-2008, 15:41
I usually do not put my telephone number on any forms or requests for my number as I found it attracted cold callers shortly afterwards.

The point I was making was that surely your own telephone number is something you give out, to friends, family, people you do business with such as utility companies, doctor, dentist etc.
Therefore it's something you know.
I have 4 daughters who have been able to rattle off address and phone number since the age of 2 or 3.

rossdagley
29-09-2008, 15:54
I can rattle off about 20-30 different phone numbers I suspect. But I cant tell you my landline number as it's only purpose is to support either broadband and/or TV services.

Its free for me to make and receive nearly all types of call on my mobile (which I've had with the same provider for some 12 years now) - why would I remember a number I've never used? Why would anyone? ;)

g0mit
29-09-2008, 16:22
They sometimes use phone number to check there records and security

xspeedyx
29-09-2008, 18:07
I do and take pride in the service I supply ;)

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

Clearly you dont - try answering the phone ;)

Gary L
29-09-2008, 18:12

What you're not realising is that they are too busy with people cancelling, and that is why you can't get through.
I've just heard on the news about a convoy going down the motorway. sounds like the extra staff are on their way! :D

xspeedyx
29-09-2008, 18:41
What you also have to realise is that most customer choose the wrong option just so they can through to someone

rossdagley
29-09-2008, 19:35
What you also have to realise is that most customer choose the wrong option just so they can through to someone

I tried disconnections - no one manning the phones there (presumably - "not signed in" was the automated message).

I tried changes to packages (as technically leaving is a fundimental change to the package) - got the hang up from the girl who didn't want to help.

Perhaps give me a direct dial number for you and i'll comment first hand on your excellent customer service - until then, I can only comment on the service I've received from the other members of VM's team - crud service, crud customer "care" and lies from the very top to the bottom feeding poor souls who answer the phone and are paid a princly sum for passing on the BS the marketing department dreams up.

I'm still waiting for my fibre optic broadband connection. And when it arrives, I'll be expecting an unrestricted service too. Oh don't even get me started on the lies VM keep rolling out.

I may turn more than a little blue if I hold my breath though, I suspect... :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

What you're not realising is that they are too busy with people cancelling, and that is why you can't get through.
I've just heard on the news about a convoy going down the motorway. sounds like the extra staff are on their way! :D

I thought that was rats leaving the ever sinking ship of VM?

xspeedyx
29-09-2008, 20:09
I tried disconnections - no one manning the phones there (presumably - "not signed in" was the automated message).

I tried changes to packages (as technically leaving is a fundimental change to the package) - got the hang up from the girl who didn't want to help.

Perhaps give me a direct dial number for you and i'll comment first hand on your excellent customer service - until then, I can only comment on the service I've received from the other members of VM's team - crud service, crud customer "care" and lies from the very top to the bottom feeding poor souls who answer the phone and are paid a princly sum for passing on the BS the marketing department dreams up.

I'm still waiting for my fibre optic broadband connection. And when it arrives, I'll be expecting an unrestricted service too. Oh don't even get me started on the lies VM keep rolling out.

I may turn more than a little blue if I hold my breath though, I suspect... :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

I thought that was rats leaving the ever sinking ship of VM?

Only really nice people get lil Darthy's special customer service lol (only kidding).
To be honest I am sorry you had so many problem

WHISTLED
29-09-2008, 21:23
What you're not realising is that they are too busy with people cancelling, and that is why you can't get through. Churn has never been better actually. Even Non pay is pretty good unlike the market model.

I tried disconnections - no one manning the phones there (presumably - "not signed in" was the automated message). As if a whole department including hundreds of normal Customer Care that are cross trained were all signed out.

Obviously a fault and by the sounds of it the IVR was trying to connect you to an individual extension not a hunt group. They took plenty of calls.

AndyCambs
29-09-2008, 22:05
Try dealing with National Express East Coast customer relations - then you'll realise what "abysmal support" really means...

rossdagley
30-09-2008, 08:45
Churn has never been better actually. Even Non pay is pretty good unlike the market model.

As if a whole department including hundreds of normal Customer Care that are cross trained were all signed out.

Obviously a fault and by the sounds of it the IVR was trying to connect you to an individual extension not a hunt group. They took plenty of calls.

I didn't think VM had faults? There's never been one when I've phoned up to say the service isn't working - it's all fibre optic you know!

WHISTLED
30-09-2008, 08:59
Im surprised you could even dial the right number based on yoru current ramblings

Sirius
30-09-2008, 09:30
I didn't think VM had faults? There's never been one when I've phoned up to say the service isn't working - it's all fibre optic you know!

Instead of ranting, Put your message across in a grown up adult way. At the moment you sound like a ranting chip on the shoulder and if i was working for them i would not want to help you if i was going to be spoken to in that fashion.

Enuff
30-09-2008, 10:27
Instead of ranting, Put your message across in a grown up adult way. At the moment you sound like a ranting chip on the shoulder and if i was working for them i would not want to help you if i was going to be spoken to in that fashion.It's good to rant. Go ahead rossdagley let it all out! :tu: