PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest/Best Mobile Operator

ruddock08
27-09-2008, 21:44
Don't know if this is in the right place but..

What is the cheapest mobile operator tariff at the moment?

Texts Minutes Rewards

Orange 3p 20p Magic Numbers, 120 evening weekend minutes
Vodafone 10p 20p Free Weekends
T-Mobile 10p 20p Unknown
O2 10p 35p Free texts, Bolt ons.
Virgin 100 texts 100 mins (payg contract £10)

was looking at £10 300 300 tariff but you have to give a full 30 days notice.
i use phone mostly at weekends, both texts and minutes.
let me know if you find any good payg offers or contracts but they have to be £10/ month.

:D cheers.

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

anyone?

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

anyone?

zing_deleted
27-09-2008, 21:49
Well you are not gonna get much better for a tenner. Also please be patient it is Saturday night

i-Set
28-09-2008, 14:56
for 10 quid these days matey your gonna get jack all, having said that if you take out a cheap contract in the region of 20 quid a month and stay with the operator for a year or beyond, then when that contract is over they will offer you a cheaper tariff and more mins and texts when you upgrade that is. id recommend this pathway...or there are cashback deals from cpw, phones4u, e2save etc.

i remember one deal from p4u 500 mins 400 txts 30 quid a month, but because you get cashback it works out that your only paying 6 a month. ah decisions decisions....;)

ruddock btw what happened...u never added me on ps3 network...add me if you like for cod4 or fifa 08 (fifa 09 soon) :D

zing_deleted
28-09-2008, 16:00
o2 simplicity till the end of the month sim only 600 mins and a bolt on so say unlimited texts for £20

SnoopZ
28-09-2008, 17:38
Not sure if this applies to the o2 simplicity sim but on the normal pay and go simcard they tricked me into changing my tariff, which now means you don't get any free mms messages or 1meg of data!

Shaun
28-09-2008, 19:22
Vodafone sim only - one month contract - 600 min, unlimited texts all for £20 a month. Couple that with the offer at cash back kings (http://www.cashbackkings.com/vodafone/bargains/m2494) £90 cashback - paid at the end of the 4th month means you get it all and get given £10 over the 4 months!!!

:tu:

tweetypie/8
28-09-2008, 21:10

Texts Minutes Rewards

T-Mobile 10p 20p Unknown

let me know if you find any good payg offers or contracts but they have to be £10/ month.

anyone?

anyone?

first choice for me is virgin,300@300 is hard to beat plus their cs is excellent.

i-Set
28-09-2008, 23:05
first choice for me is virgin,300@300 is hard to beat plus their cs is excellent.

yes but what is their network and coverage like?

they dont have their own one do they...i read somewhere that they use some other operators?

Zee
29-09-2008, 00:19
You're not going to get much for £10 per month, but for £15 or £20 per month, "3" do some decent deals with free phones.

www.three.co.uk

MoodySuzie
30-09-2008, 07:53
www.02.co.uk

i find these cheap, plus you get extra bonuses and rewards

m419
30-09-2008, 12:57

Texts Minutes Rewards

T-Mobile 10p 20p Unknown

anyone?

anyone?

Virgin Mobile offers 200 mins and texts for £10 per month on pay as you go for Virgin Media customers, if you or someone you live with are Virgin Media customers then you are eligible for this offer. Just call 789 press 0 to speak to someone and say 'you'd like the 200 mins and 200 texts offer for £10 and they will put you through to sales team which will take the following details:

Your Virgin Mobile phone number
Name and address of where Virgin Mobile account is registered.
Virgin Mobile password if you have one.
Virgin Media Account number
Post code of Virgin Media account

You dont need the Virgin Media account holders permission and there details are not required, however, the Virgin Mobile and Virgin Media must be at the same address.

You also get free voicemail on Virgin Mobile and you also get Call Waiting,Call Hold and 15p per minute call rate to 08 numbers unlike anyother pay as you go network.

For every £100 you spend,you get £10 off a new phone.

When you run out of minutes you pay one flat rate of 15p per minute and 10p per text to any UK network or landline, texts to other virgin mobiles are 5p. You also get 5 mins of free calls and 5 free texts everyday too.

Prefer to call UK landlines and Virgin Mobiles?

Then the Standard tariff offers calls to UK landlines and Virgin Mobile phones for 5p per minute after the first 5 minutes of calls each day, texts to other Virgin mobile's cost 5p. And as usual, Voicemail,Call Waiting and Call hold are absolutely free!

Chris
30-09-2008, 13:04
yes but what is their network and coverage like?

they dont have their own one do they...i read somewhere that they use some other operators?

Most 'virtual network' operators in the UK are carried by T-Mobile. I believe Virgin's phone service is no exception.

T-Mobile is by far the least well-developed 2-G network in the UK, although you only tend to suffer the effects of that if you go away from the towns and cities. I live in a very rural spot, and only Orange works reliably inside my house, but Voda and O2 are both available - sort of - if you stand in the right place, or go outside. T-Mobile, on the other hand, don't even pretend to offer service here, which excludes me from all sorts of cheap deals.

I don't use my phone much and was very tempted by Ikea's pay-as-you-go SIM only offer, until I found that they, too, are carried by T-Mobile.

Ah well. At least with not using the phone very much, it actually doesn't matter too much who I get my service from. A fiver a month is a fiver a month ...

ruddock08
30-09-2008, 19:27
ruddock btw what happened...u never added me on ps3 network...add me if you like for cod4 or fifa 08 (fifa 09 soon) :D

sorry mate, busy atm, add me? ruddock08.

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Virgin Mobile offers 200 mins and texts for £10 per month on pay as you go for Virgin Media customers, if you or someone you live with are Virgin Media customers then you are eligible for this offer. Just call 789 press 0 to speak to someone and say 'you'd like the 200 mins and 200 texts offer for £10 and they will put you through to sales team which will take the following details

had a look and they've changed it to 100 mins 100 texts now, which if i used 100 mins and 100 texts atm with my asda mobile sim it would still be £12. thanks anyway.

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

Most 'virtual network' operators in the UK are carried by T-Mobile. I believe Virgin's phone service is no exception.

T-Mobile is by far the least well-developed 2-G network in the UK, although you only tend to suffer the effects of that if you go away from the towns and cities. I live in a very rural spot, and only Orange works reliably inside my house, but Voda and O2 are both available - sort of - if you stand in the right place, or go outside. T-Mobile, on the other hand, don't even pretend to offer service here, which excludes me from all sorts of cheap deals.

I don't use my phone much and was very tempted by Ikea's pay-as-you-go SIM only offer, until I found that they, too, are carried by T-Mobile.

Ah well. At least with not using the phone very much, it actually doesn't matter too much who I get my service from. A fiver a month is a fiver a month ...

try asda mobile, they piggyback off vodafone and so far are brilliant coverage! :D and 8p a min and 4p a text.

dragon
30-09-2008, 22:32

Depends on the operator.

Networks known to use another Operator's infrastructure (From memory so may not be 100% accurate)

Virgin = T-mobile
Tesco = O2
BT mobile, Asda = vodafone
'3' (When out of 3G coverage) = Orange

Womble
06-10-2008, 21:20
T-Mobile and 3 agree to share their respective 3G networks in order to bring high-speed mobile broadband services throughout the UK by 2009

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/blog/7547/tmobile_and_3_combine_3g_networks.html

Nikesh
06-10-2008, 21:25
Depending on your age... check out Blyk (http://www.blyk.co.uk/), it's free! :)

dragon
06-10-2008, 21:34
T-Mobile and 3 agree to share their respective 3G networks in order to bring high-speed mobile broadband services throughout the UK by 2009

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/blog/7547/tmobile_and_3_combine_3g_networks.html

Wander what that will do to my mobile BB.

At a guess while 3G coverage will be improved speeds may take a dive since there will probably be more people using the network.

chickendippers
07-10-2008, 15:55
That's interesting as Virgin Mobile have just launched their Mobile BB service too.

PeteTheMusicGuy
07-10-2008, 16:06
If you want a cheap deal with a phone 3 is the network, right now they are doing the samsung soul with 750 mins plus unlimited texts for 25 per month!

They are also the N95 8 gig or the E71 on the 300 mix and match plan for the same price

m419
07-10-2008, 19:30
Virtual Networks:

Virgin Mobile: T-Mobile UK
Fresh Mobile: T-Mobile UK
Mobile World: T-Mobile UK
TalkTalk Mobile: T-Mobile UK
Take 5: T-Mobile UK
Blyk: Orange
Tesco Mobile: O2
BT Mobile: Vodafone
Asda Mobile: Vodafone
Sainsbury's: O2
Kingston Comms: O2
3 Mobile 2G Coverage: Orange and O2

T-Mobile cover 98% of the UK population which is good enough unless you live rural parts of scotland and wales, the frequency is also good and doesn't interfere with TV's and Radios unlike Vodafone and O2 where you hear that awful static noise when you go near such things.

Mercury One2One (T-Mobile) was launched in 1993 and was the worlds first digital GSM mobile network. It was a joint venture between Cable and Wireless's Mercury group and United Artists now called Qwest/US West which are the former owners of Telewest. It covered Greater London and southern Hertfordshire until 1996 and spread to other cities over the years, Its development was very slow. In 1997 Mercury and 3 Cable companies where merged by Cable and Wireless and the mobile arm was rebranded to 'One2one'.

In 1998, One2One launched its Pay As You Go (Prepayment) mobile service called 'Up2You' it offered calls to all UK networks and all UK landlines for 50p per minute at all times. In 1998 it lowered its calling costs and became the cheapest on the market.

In 1999, the Virgin Group became the first to offer a virtual network, it choose One2one for its operations.
Also In 1999, Cable and Wireless and US West agreed on off loading One2One. Deutsche Telekom acquired One2One (Mercury Personal Communications) between then and 2002, it began a process of improving the network including network coverage and increased from 96% to 98%, in 2002, It rebranded the company to 'T-Mobile' as we know it today.

Key points to remember:

T-Mobile 3G coverage is much greater than O2's network and is even bigger than Vodafone's!

T-Mobile have recieved awards for offering best value on the market.

T-Mobile have the best Mobile internet service at great prices!

Womble
08-10-2008, 08:40
m419
RE Post #20, were did you get the info, and how upto date is it?
Just wondering cos if 3 and T mobile are now 3G partners, either will have a superior network to other company's.
Anyways, left Orange now, I'm on 3, got me a N96 and no problems so far!!

dragon
08-10-2008, 15:51
T-Mobile 3G coverage is much greater than O2's network and is even bigger than Vodafone's!

T-Mobile have recieved awards for offering best value on the market.

T-Mobile have the best Mobile internet service at great prices!

Don't know about that but I'd certianlly aruge their FUP is much better on their mobile BB than the other networks, and its the reason I stayed with them for that. (basically go over the limit of your plan and they just cripple the speed which i'd much rather have happen than have a huge bill land on the mat)