PDA

View Full Version : support newsgroups with VM

PAYNEARDO
25-09-2008, 22:26
is this a good way for tech support and do you have to reply to your messages on there ?

Cheers

Dave

homealone
25-09-2008, 22:44
???

the second part of your question doesn't make sense, sorry ??

to answer the first question, in my opinion the support newsgroups are a good option for technical support - they certainly sorted out a problem I had that 3 phone calls to 151 apparently couldn't.

PAYNEARDO
25-09-2008, 22:47
sorry I meant to say do they have to reply to messages that are posted on the newsgroups :0

or do they just pick and choose ......

Stabhappy
25-09-2008, 22:59
It's a recognised support system, so it's not just techs popping in and out whilst having nothing else to do. People are employed to not only check, but reply with an answer atleast saying "I can't help you, but you can talk to blah blah at blah blah to get an answer."

moaningmags
25-09-2008, 23:07
They have 4 hours, from when a post is posted in the support groups, to respond to a post. They rarely answer posts in the discussion group.

PAYNEARDO
26-09-2008, 08:01
They have 4 hours, from when a post is posted in the support groups, to respond to a post. They rarely answer posts in the discussion group.

Cheers for the info :)

so if I posted their 3 days ago and and they still haven't responded, they is something badly wrong then unless they are just ignoring me :p: :mad:

Gary L
26-09-2008, 14:04
Cheers for the info :)

so if I posted their 3 days ago and and they still haven't responded, they is something badly wrong then unless they are just ignoring me :p: :mad:

Post again. they sometimes do miss posts in the support groups.
Can't see how though as that all their job is, is just to check and reply :D