PDA

View Full Version : The Halloween Pumpkin Carving Thread 2008

LSainsbury
21-09-2008, 08:20
Hello all,

Well it's only a few weeks away so - anybody here attempting to carve their own pumpkins?

I'm looking for some stencils but can only find one you have to pay for at the moment. Will have a better look later...

Perhaps we could have some photos here of CF members attempts?!

:o: :D

alferret
22-09-2008, 20:57
Personally I dont go in for all that Halloween rubbish, its just more Americanism and far to commercial for moi!

LSainsbury
22-09-2008, 21:03
Personally I dont go in for all that Halloween rubbish, its just more Americanism and far to commercial for moi!

Fair enough.

Wondered why I hadn't had many replies!!

Xaccers
22-09-2008, 21:14

Exactly, traditionally us Brits carve turnips.

Dave2010
22-09-2008, 21:45
i love halloween and pumpkin carveing, they look cool if you put wig on them aswell :D

Halcyon
22-09-2008, 21:50
I do it for fun and also to save all the bits inside to make a lovely pumpkin cake.

Cobbydaler
22-09-2008, 22:33
Hello all,

Well it's only a few weeks away so - anybody here attempting to carve their own pumpkins?

I'm looking for some stencils but can only find one you have to pay for at the moment. Will have a better look later...

Perhaps we could have some photos here of CF members attempts?!

:o: :D

You're not morphing into mouqeet (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/members/43973.html) are you? ;)

dilli-theclaw
22-09-2008, 22:36
Peter likes doing it so I guess I will :)

Maggy
22-09-2008, 23:31
Never ever bothered with Halloween..It was Bonfire night that was more important to me as a kid. :erm:

LSainsbury
23-09-2008, 16:59
You're not morphing into mouqeet (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/members/43973.html) are you? ;)

Uh?? :confused:

joglynne
23-09-2008, 17:40
Off topic as far as carving pumkins but I was given a pumpkin at weekend, having never used one before I decided to make Pumpkin Soup, and I was about to post a moan.

Started with a medium size pan and got to the liquidize bit when I realised that the stuff was too thick. Added load of milk and had to put everything in a larger pan. As I carried on cooking the soup keep thickening and I carried on adding milk. The large pan was filling rapidly so I decanted everything into to my pressure cooker. It got thicker so I split the monster between my pressure cooker and largest pan diluting it yet again. By lunch time I had at least half a gallon of the stuff and took bowls round to several neighbours in a desperate effort to get rid of some of it.

It tasted OK, I suppose, and as I had 3 pints left I put it in the fridge to have again to-day. Can't get it out of the container, It's set rock solid and welded the lid shut. Thrown the whole thing in the dustbin along with the unused half pumpkin.

Back on topic. If my friend tries to give me another pumpkin for Halloween I may just brain him with it.

Maggy
23-09-2008, 17:43
Off topic as far as carving pumkins but I was given a pumpkin at weekend, having never used one before I decided to make Pumpkin Soup, and I was about to post a moan.

Started with a medium size pan and got to the liquidize bit when I realised that the stuff was too thick. Added load of milk and had to put everything in a larger pan. As I carried on cooking the soup keep thickening and I carried on adding milk. The large pan was filling rapidly so I decanted everything into to my pressure cooker. It got thicker so I split the monster between my pressure cooker and largest pan diluting it yet again. By lunch time I had at least half a gallon of the stuff and took bowls round to several neighbours in a desperate effort to get rid of some of it.

It tasted OK, I suppose, and as I had 3 pints left I put it in the fridge to have again to-day. Can't get it out of the container, It's set rock solid and welded the lid shut. Thrown the whole thing in the dustbin along with the unused half pumpkin.

Back on topic. If my friend tries to give me another pumpkin for Halloween I may just brain him with it.

http://incognitas.ghotihosted.com/lod.jpg