PDA

View Full Version : BB and TV gone, 2nd time

mw95
15-09-2008, 14:13
Hi

At 11.30 today, both BB and TV disappeared. TV has an ld:20 which I understand to be loss of signal to the box. They're both still off (thankfully, the person in charge of getting the old connection switched off still hasn't done so!)

The same thing happened at the same time on Thursday or Friday of last week, but it was back within about 45 minutes that time and it was being reported as a fault on the fault line.

So, today I rang the fault line every 10 minutes for an hour before I decided to phone VM - and they said I have an engineer coming out tomorrow as apparently there is nothing wrong in our area this time.

It seemed very weird to me that it's happened at the exact same time as it did last week. And - low and behold - just as I'm typing this, it's just come back on, nearly 2/5 hours after it went off.

Is it worth cancelling the engineer just yet, do you think? :)

Chris
15-09-2008, 14:16
No, it's happened twice, it's an intermittent fault ... have him come out and poke around the cables in your house and the street cab, you never know what he might find.

:welcome: to the forum by the way.

mw95
15-09-2008, 14:25
Thanks, Chris.

Just as I am naturally dubious (having had a pretty shocking experience with VM in the past in my old house) I phoned the fault line again and it is actually on there as an area fault now that service is resumed.

If I do decide to keep the engineer appointment and have him poke about in the street, am I likely to be charged for it?

Chris
15-09-2008, 14:27
It's not your fault if it wasn't showing as an area fault when you booked it ... I guess it's up to you, if they say it's an area fault and it's fixed, it may not be worth your while ensuring you're home to meet a tech who might just fail to arrive anyway ...

mw95
15-09-2008, 14:33
LOL, well I work at home so I'd be in (hence the reason I've noticed it both times at that time of the day) but do need to nip up to school to fetch my daughter part way through the apointment slot (therefore the exact moment he will turn up is just as I've gone round the corner)

No, I'll cancel it, I think. If it happens again I'll make a proper complaint about it.

Cheers.