PDA

View Full Version : Connecting direct

caveman
07-09-2008, 09:41
Why if I connect my PC direct to SACM will it not connect. I usually connect to router and assume that is what VM expect to see terminated at my end (I cannot be more technical than that)
What must I do if I want to connect to VM BB without using my router. Cheers

Raistlin
07-09-2008, 09:45
1. Power off: PC, router, modem

2. Disconnect: PC from router, router from modem

3. Connect: PC to modem via Ethernet

4. Wait: 10 minutes

5. Power on: Modem

6. Wait: 5 Minutes

7. Power on: PC

Should now work.

caveman
07-09-2008, 09:57
Thanks for that. The reason for wanting to do this is so my son can connect direct, as he has a laptop with problems (spyware malware etc) and I dont want to take a chance with the router developing problems. I know I may be going over the top.
After he has used the the BB connection direct can I go through the same procedure to reconnect the router without having to contact VM CS or will it just return to how it is now.?

Raistlin
07-09-2008, 10:04
You should be able to just power down the devices, swap the connections over, then power everything back up again, and everything should work ok.

If it doesn't then you may have to either leave everything off for a while longer, or contact CS/Tech Support to get the unwated devices removed from their lists.

I wouldn't have thought that would be necessary hough, I never had any problems when I was on Cable :)

caveman
07-09-2008, 10:06
OK, thanks for that.