PDA

View Full Version : Ginger hair exhibition

joglynne
04-09-2008, 16:44
I know there are several of us ginger nuts on the forum so I thought I would post this link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7596940.stm

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2008/09/04/exhibition-to-celebrate-gingers-97319-21672517/

David Rann: Exhibitions
Forthcoming Exhibitions...

"GINGERFEST" - Starts Wednesday 3rd September at 7:30pm with a ginger-themed evening event at the Quadrant Lounge, Lichfield Street, Wolverhampton. Redheads and participants in the project are especially welcome. Exhibition continues until end of September. Over 20 photographs from the series plus I hope to be releasing the accompanying book that evening too.
http://www.davidrann.com/exhibitions/

Nugget
04-09-2008, 16:53
Typical - I'm not due to visit the homeland for another couple of weeks...

EDIT: Scratch that. It's in Wolverhampton - there's no way I'm going there. Ginger hair's the least of their problems ;)

zing_deleted
04-09-2008, 17:05
Nice for us to be recognised :)

Acathla
04-09-2008, 17:13
Long live us!

joglynne
04-09-2008, 17:16
I certainly second that Acathla. :D

Maggy
04-09-2008, 17:27
I wish I had ginger hair...I hated being mousy brown and now I'm silver mousy...yuk! :(

Wicked_and_Crazy
04-09-2008, 17:37
Nice for us to be recognised :)

Recognition came in "Game On" :Sprint:

joglynne
04-09-2008, 18:37
I wish I had ginger hair...I hated being mousy brown and now I'm silver mousy...yuk! :(

There's nothing that says you have to grow older gracefully. Go on, you know you have a wicked red head hiding under all that mousy silver just itching to get out. :D

Maggy
04-09-2008, 18:41
There's nothing that says you have to grow older gracefully. Go on, you know you have a wicked red head hiding under all that mousy silver just itching to get out. :D

Oh Jo it's too much hard work retouching roots.;)

joglynne
04-09-2008, 18:48
No it's not. ooops my secrets out of the bag, or should I say out of the box. :D

Xaccers
04-09-2008, 19:06
It's not the hair colour most of us have a problem with, it's that it tends to be attached to people who are mingers (perhaps that's why "ginger" is often pronounced to rhyme with it?).
Course thankfully there are many exceptions (such as all those red heads who have posted above), and it seems to be either one end of the looks spectrum or the other, very few "average" looking red heads ;)

Just look at the red heads featured in the video.

Hom3r
04-09-2008, 20:00
Theres a few gingas were I work who a hotties ;)

Xaccers
04-09-2008, 20:40
Theres a few gingas were I work who a hotties ;)

Exactly, they're either drop dead gorgeous (Angie Everhart, Alyson Hannigan, Isla Fisher, Nicole Kidman), or butt ugly (see the video for examples).

dilli-theclaw
04-09-2008, 20:42
I have been out with several ginger girls and have ended up wanting to marry them all!!!

But then I found out about their temper ;)

Mind you I don't know if that temper applies to all ginger girls or just the ones I dated :)

Maggy
04-09-2008, 21:19
Well I have a berserker temper but no red hair...:(

joglynne
04-09-2008, 22:03
Well I have a berserker temper but no red hair...:(

Whilst I have red hair and a sweet disposition. :angel:

:D

TheDaddy
05-09-2008, 01:31
I have been out with several ginger girls and have ended up wanting to marry them all!!!

I went out with a ginger lady tonight and she is hot, well more red than ginger tbh

---------- Post added at 01:31 ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 ----------

Exactly, they're either drop dead gorgeous (Angie Everhart, Alyson Hannigan, Isla Fisher, Nicole Kidman), or butt ugly (see the video for examples).

Tis true for every Angie there is a Sissy Spacek

MoodySuzie
05-09-2008, 01:49
Certainly wouldn't want to be ginger, quite happy the way the I am :) though must admit to trying different colours over the years lol, people should look further than people appearances and not be to judegmental, it's whats on the inside that counts but then again this is a cruel world we live in

Caff
05-09-2008, 02:44
Heck!
I pay for my red hair! :D

Nugget
05-09-2008, 09:01
Heck!
I pay for my red hair! :D

Hey, we all pay for our ginger hair, although it is mostly in the form of taunts while young :D

I'm not sure which way to actually describe my hair anymore - ginger or balding...

Maggy
05-09-2008, 09:06
Hey, we all pay for our ginger hair, although it is mostly in the form of taunts while young :D

I'm not sure which way to actually describe my hair anymore - ginger or balding...

Ginger fringe? :erm:

Nugget
05-09-2008, 09:48
Ginger fringe? :erm:

I haven't got enough for a fringe :erm:

Auburn monk, maybe :D

wigro
06-09-2008, 01:03
My sons got red hair, a real ginge, not the wirey type but ginger. He got so much stick at school etc . He is 19 now and has had so many girlfriends before the one he has now ,the love of his life ;), its untrue.

I said ' Dave how do you do it ' , he said , 'i guess im just a ginger chick magnet dad' I fell on the floor in bits . :rofl:

Maggy
06-09-2008, 01:08
My sons got red hair, a real ginge, not the wirey type but ginger. He got so much stick at school etc . He is 19 now and has had so many girlfriends before the one he has now ,the love of his life ;), its untrue.

I said ' Dave how do you do it ' , he said , 'i guess im just a ginger chick magnet dad' I fell on the floor in bits . :rofl:

A sense of humour is more important to the discerning female...;)

Alien
06-09-2008, 02:21
It's not the hair colour most of us have a problem with, it's that it tends to be attached to people who are mingers (perhaps that's why "ginger" is often pronounced to rhyme with it?).
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2008/09/64.jpg
:jk: :Sprint:

Course thankfully there are many exceptions (such as all those red heads who have posted above),
Nice recovery. ;)

But then I found out about their temper ;)

Mind you I don't know if that temper applies to all ginger girls or just the ones I dated :)
In the case of 1 of them [you know which 1 I mean :nutter:], it wasn't so much being a fiery tempered ginger/red-head, it was just that she was a total "bunny boiler".

mouqeet
06-09-2008, 09:05
I dont have red hair or temper :p:

Hugh
06-09-2008, 13:33

Binger?

Galding?

;)

Nugget
06-09-2008, 14:18
Binger?

Galding?

;)

Well, it is fairly galling :erm:

You may have cracked it - say it loud, I'm binger and proud :D

Hugh
06-09-2008, 17:15
Well, it is fairly galling :erm:

You may have cracked it - say it loud, I'm binger and proud :D
And if you drink a lot, you would be a binger binger.;)

idi banashapan
06-09-2008, 20:13
this thread is totally hairist! You 'Strawberry Blondes' should be ashamed of yourselves for having an exclusive event based solely on your hair colour. disgraceful.

Hom3r
06-09-2008, 21:43
I dated a red head,

no hair just a red head

:Sprint:

joglynne
06-09-2008, 21:52
I dated a red head,

no hair just a red head

That's what happens when you go out in the midday sun. I hope you advised him to put some Aftersun on his bald pate.

:DDownload Failed (1)

Cobbydaler
06-09-2008, 21:59
I dated a red head,

no hair just a red head

That's what happens when you go out in the midday sun. I hope you advised him to put some Aftersun on his bald pate.

:Dhttp://www.foren4all.de/images/smilies/drinks_drunk.gif

Hom3r's gay? :shocked: ;)

joglynne
06-09-2008, 22:03
Well that was the impression he gave.

I mean, when have you ever seen a bald headed woman with a red scalp? A woman would have known to put a sun block on her skin. :D

johnnyposs
06-09-2008, 22:53
My avatar has a ginger, i am Bald though.:cool:

thenry
16-09-2013, 21:38
Gary L is going to be all over this thread.. time for a rebrand :rofl:

http://creativeboom.co.uk/inspiration/red-hot-a-new-exhibition-that-aims-to-rebrand-the-ginger-male/

tizmeinnit
16-09-2013, 21:49
I got below shoulder length red hair and I am proud of it. Most guys my age are bold bolding or grey hehehehehehe

tizmeinnit
17-09-2013, 13:16
way shorter but mine is brighter lol

Gary L
17-09-2013, 13:38
Gary L is going to be all over this thread..

I'm a firm believer in cheering up the gingers by giving them a hug :)

Anonymouse
17-09-2013, 13:39
I was almost a redhead. you wouldn't believe it to look at him now, but I'm told my dad used to be a redhead. It's stell grey now, looks more like steel wool than anything else. Actually there's the odd red streak in my beard, and one or two other places.

But I've never seen a redheaded woman who wasn't at least pretty. I don't get why people are so down on the colour. Maybe they're jealous! :p:

tizmeinnit
17-09-2013, 13:41
I was almost a redhead. you wouldn't believe it to look at him now, but I'm told my dad used to be a redhead. It's stell grey now, looks more like steel wool than anything else. Actually there's the odd red streak in my beard, and one or two other places.

But I've never seen a redheaded woman who wasn't at least pretty. I don't get why people are so down on the colour. Maybe they're jealous! :p:

yeah it is because they do not stand out like us red heads ( although the standing out part is the worst part about having it apart from the idiots who have not come up with anything new to say in 30 years )