Package and cost

A free USB modem
£15 a month for 3GB
18 month contract

ENJOY if you want it

m419
02-09-2008, 17:35
Sounds good.

I suppose its provided by Virgin Mobile and is basically re-selling T-Mobile's service right.

WHISTLED
02-09-2008, 17:53
Hmm do we get it half price as staff I wonder.. And will it work with my laptop with the stupid VM build?

v0id
02-09-2008, 18:53
15 quid a month for a 3Gb cap? pah! Mobile BB offerings atm are rubbish

SnoopZ
02-09-2008, 18:53
A far better deal is to get mobile broadband on pay as you go with 3. The modem dongle costs you £49.99 and then you can top-up either £10 (1gig) £15 (3gig) or £25 (7gig) and each top-up lasts 30 days.

The advantage of this is you won't be stuck in a lengthy 12 or 18 month contract.

Link (http://www.three.co.uk/personal/products_services_/mobile_broadband_/price_plans_payg.omp).

Zhadnost
02-09-2008, 20:55
Will it be offered to existing customers at half price? (like the 3 service was).

Sirius
02-09-2008, 21:03
Will it be offered to existing customers at half price? (like the 3 service was).

Now waits for the "If i dont get it half price i will move to Insert name of other company here " posts :LOL:

m419
02-09-2008, 21:14
Haha Not this time lol

But the offer seems fair deal for mobile braodband. You shouldn't expect much anyway, its for built for outdoor usage really.

3 are tempting but I bet it does not work outside 3G coverage, 2G coverage on 3 is provided by Orange and sometimes O2 and they wont allow it, well I doubt they will.

WHISTLED
02-09-2008, 21:15
It wasnt £15 with 3 though was it.

m419
02-09-2008, 21:18
Maybe not, but you want something that works properly. Its like when One2one expanded outside London in the late 90's, people would join just because its cheap and then start moaning that they cant get a signal. And having no signal is really irritating.

So you get what you pay for!

SnoopZ
02-09-2008, 21:27
Haha Not this time lol

But the offer seems fair deal for mobile braodband. You shouldn't expect much anyway, its for built for outdoor usage really.

3 are tempting but I bet it does not work outside 3G coverage, 2G coverage on 3 is provided by Orange and sometimes O2 and they wont allow it, well I doubt they will.

They do have 2G listed on the coverage map (http://www.three.co.uk/personal/coverage_/three_coverage.omp?place=) so i don't see why it won't work. It works fine on 3G and HSDPA for me luckily.

Zhadnost
02-09-2008, 22:39
It wasnt £15 with 3 though was it.

Depends on which package you wanted, there was a £5 one. (existing cutomers only).

The 3GB package was £7-50 (also existing customers only). But was only a 12 month contract.

i-Set
02-09-2008, 23:08
i advise anyone thinking of getting 3 wireless broadband not to get it...it is atrocious in many departments...too many for this time of the night to mention but one being well its hard to get a signal lol...i also have a mobile contract with them which finishes next septmeber god i cant wait...someone sends me a text message at 1pm i get at 4pm...sometimes people ring me and even though im available it goes to my answermachine :( i want to go back to o2

SnoopZ
02-09-2008, 23:42
i advise anyone thinking of getting 3 wireless broadband not to get it...it is atrocious in many departments...too many for this time of the night to mention but one being well its hard to get a signal lol...i also have a mobile contract with them which finishes next septmeber god i cant wait...someone sends me a text message at 1pm i get at 4pm...sometimes people ring me and even though im available it goes to my answermachine :( i want to go back to o2

3 Mobile Broadband works perfect here in Cambridge and my main 2 reasons for getting it were it's available on pay as you go and you can get it for as little as £10 a month.

What other supplier can supply it at that cost and on pay as you go as i couldn't find one? :)

Zhadnost
03-09-2008, 08:00
IME all mobile broadband services are pants, speed fluctuations. Poor speed in the first place.

3 have got by far the biggest rollout of HSDPA, but lets be honest, none of the services beats a proper wired connection.

Ignitionnet
03-09-2008, 09:41
True but you can't use a wired connection on a train :)

haydnwalker
03-09-2008, 10:31
I think that Mobile Broadband is designed for just that. Surfing for eg a map of a place while your out and about. Speed shouldn't be a major issue as they aren't designed for downloading large amounts of data. We use Vodafone's mobile 3G service at work to VPN into our LAN and it works well, albeit quite slowly in some areas. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that wants a superfast (landline style) broadband connection, as its not up to that level yet....

LaineY
03-09-2008, 11:19
Hmm.. Yeah Fair enough...
Mabey this will be a good thing for VM
But OMG.. im never going to touch three again even with a pair of tweezers..
the most shocking mobile phone company i have ever known in my whole life..
if they are not messing up deliveries of phones.. they are messing up ur credit rating

Zhadnost
03-09-2008, 14:18
They've been pretty good to me, mind you their CS staff are even more generous than VM. (I'm on 350 Min, 25 Video Min, 150 Text, £5 downloads and 25 MMS's for £5/month, no commitment, so I would be happy).

Never messed up a delivery (on 3 phones for me, 2 for wife, 2 for eldest, 4 for Boss).
Only snag I had was my number port got botched, all that took was a quick call to them and they saw what the problem was and fixed it.

LaineY
03-09-2008, 15:03
im not even gonna argue with u :P people have their own oppinions i suppose..

4 years ago i bought a three contract.. it took them 3 times to deliver it correctly.. the 2nd time they buggered off with my battery and sim card.
i then had signal issues.. where i was getting dropped off calls constantly..

i lost my job.. phoned up to ask if they could put my contract on hold for a month or so.. and they said no..
so i cancelled my direct debits for the time being..
i then had a cocked up credit file for 4 years.. and its still with me now.

I then said to myself.. u know what they have to have improved..
so i now have a nokia n95 8GB with them on 1200min/txts and Internet
it took them.. 3 times to deliver that @ the correct address (this was a different address from my contract 4 years ago)
they buggered off with my battery this time and i had to buy my own...
then the building i lived in had no 3G Signal.. and it was a Edinburgh City Centre Appartment with nothing blocking signals..

i was getting txts at all hours due to delays in 3gs signal
funny thing is ... if theres no 3g signal they switch u to orange lol.
i had a full signal everytime three decided to hand me over to orange.. lol

anyway this a broadband forum and iv had my rant lol