PDA

View Full Version : Virginmedia fault in Swansea area.

Jelly Bean
31-08-2008, 16:20
All services are affected in the Swansea SA1 and SA5 are since the 29th of this month,still waiting for this to be resloved.

Ping is nearly 400 and my speed is either cut in half or less than the 1 meg wich I should have 4 meg.

How many more days to fix this issue?

Still waiting for outr free upgade to 10 meg also.

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

Update,services for BB and TV should be fixed at the latest 10 pm tonight.

I have eventualy got through and complained to righ departments.

I now will receive money off my next bill for loss of both of these services.

The free upgade should be sorted very soon?Thats all I got on that issue.

Dean
03-09-2008, 17:55
I think I'm pretty close to you. We both had simultaneous problems last time. I'm getting about 11k a sec tops here in Sketty. Meh! It's been like this for 3 days now.

Jelly Bean
04-09-2008, 09:16
Hey Dean.

I still had issues.

Turns out I needed new modem and cable to wall box in living room.The wall box had to be replaced.Myne was realy realy old.They are calling back on Friday to fit new cable from internal box to the outside wall box.

Is the light on the right of your modem blinking?This may indiacate you need the signal resent to your connection,you would need to ring Virgin.

Sketty is only a few mile away.I have run Virgin and SA5 and SA2 are having problems,unsure if they are fixed yet.

Have you tried reboot modem then your computer?Update network adaptor drivers via device manager.

Could you possibly have an issue with malware?

You need to ring Vurgin and politly complain that these issues are happening,get the issues fixed then you ask for money off your bill every time.

I am getting £30 off my next bill due to the issues.

Well done Virgin.

Virgin tech says Cwmbhula is worst area for slow internet.

JediMaster
04-09-2008, 10:32
Virgin tech says Cwmbhula is worst area for slow internet.

Worste place for a lot more than just Internet :p: lol

SA6 is fine (no 10mb yet) but FAB speeds all Month

Jelly Bean
06-09-2008, 17:54
All my cables are now fully replaced my speed has now been known to hit a little over 4 meg.

Back to normal.

Upgrade I am still waiting.At least my update cables and modem etc will handle the new speed.

There website has not been updated since 12 th last month so god knows when we will get this upgrade.

millers
08-09-2009, 09:01
my broadband has been off since sunday evening :( and is still off today im in the SA5 area i rung twice yesterday and told an engineer was needed to come out but i think thats just a normal procedure from the guys in india because they wasnt aware of the automated message saying there was a fault in SA5

Jelly Bean - which number did you ring to get through to someone who knows about this fault.

Cheers
millers

Ignitionnet
08-09-2009, 19:09
Jelly Bean hasn't logged onto the site for nearly a month.

I'm afraid your only option is to get the engineer present. I'm not sure why you disagreed with this given that they'll either fix the area fault and your service will come back on, or they'll fix it and you'll still be off and then have an engineer onsite anyway, so it's win-win.

Chances are if it's still off now that it's not the area fault and you should have accepted the engineer visit.

There's no magic number to phone, tech support are the only way forward.