PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Mobile bundles

m419
28-08-2008, 09:24
I'm wondering if Virgin Mobile are planning to launch something like T-Mobile's 5 day pass or O2's O2 unlimited service.

It would be great if Virgin could launch something that will allow unlimited calls and texts to other Virgin Mobile phones or even both Virgin Mobiles and Virgin landlines! for a fixed fee per month/per week/per fortnight, or even offer it free upon a £15 to £20 top up like O2 Unlimited.

I'm going to send this to Virgin Mobile as an email which will end up in there feedback box. If other people request it,the more chances they will launch something similar!

BexTech
31-08-2008, 23:50
Would be good if Virgin Media could offer something like Vodafone's Vodafone Family offer.

m419
01-09-2008, 00:59
Yes it would but O2 Unlimited would still be in the league because there is no subscription fee and there are no limits to the number of O2 phones you can call and whatsmore, standard call charges are in place for non-inclusive calls.

How unlimited calling bundles compete:

O2 unlimited:

Unlimited Calls and texts to O2: Free (Providing you topped up with £15)
Unlimited texts to O2: Free (providing you topped up with £10)
Calls to other UK networks: 25p per minute
Calls to UK landlines: 25p per minute. After 3 mins of calls,5p per min
Texts to UK landlines/other networks: 10p
Minimum call charge: 10p
Voicemail: 10p or free if you have O2 unlimited calls,to access voicemail free, dial your own o2 number from your mobile on private number and press * and enter voicemail pin

T-Mobile 5 Day pass:

Unlimited calls and texts to T-Mobile phones for 5 days: £7.50
Calls to other UK networks: 25p per minute (15p on Everyone)
Texts to other networks: 10p (3p on Text appeal)
Picture messages: 20p per message
Voicemail: 10p per minute (Free on Relax payg) Or if you have the 5 day pass just call your own mobile number.

Vodafone Family on the Anynet plan

£5: Nominate and call 3 Vodafone numbers for unlimited call between numbers for a month.
Calls to all networks and landlines: 30p per minute daytime, 5p per minute at evenings and weekends.
Texts to all networks: 12p per message
Picture messages: 36p per message

So the cheapest out of the 3 is the O2 Unlimited offer as once you've topped up £15 you have unlimited calls and texts to other O2 numbers and you can spend the £15 credit for other services such as calling other networks and buying O2 bolt ons including O2 web and wifi.

BexTech
01-09-2008, 01:43
Yeah. But I am on Vodafone Family.

One person pays £5 per month or £7 (in our case) and all four people on the list can call each other for free any time (or 6 people in our case).

This means it costs me £1.17 (we share the cost) and we can all call each other.

£15 per month is almost £14 per month too much to be paying each and every month.

I am happy with paying £1.17.

I put £10 credit on my Vodafone mobile at Christmas and I still have over £9 left.

So you can see paying £15 per month to me is a rip-off and not worth it. As it is extremely rare I would call anyone who isn't on the Vodafone family list.

I do also have a Virgin Mobile for texting a friend on who also has Virgin and for when he calls me and I did use that for when abroad, but now use Vodafone with the passport.

Voicemail - SPIT - Doesn't matter how much it costs voicemail is always disabled on our phones as non of us likes the idea someone is getting fleeced to call us if they have to pay and hit voicemail. They don't get charged to hit a busy signal or out of service message, switched off message etc (though phone never switched off).

So o2 unlimited wouldn't be the cheapest, it would be almost £14 per month more than I'm paying now.

Other than calling people on our Vodafone family, mobile phones are for emergency or extremely shorts calls. Other calls can wait if out until we get home and use the landline or VoIP. I'm extremely tight-fisted and don't like wasting money on anything I don't have to. That's why I didn't have a landline for 3 years and went VoIP only until Virgin Media offered me in addition to my discounted TV and broadband, free install of landline, free line rental, free evening and weekend calls and free caller display for as long as I remain a customer.

m419
01-09-2008, 06:06
Wow thats a great offer! I remember you saying about not having a landline a while back on Digital spy when I used to slag off BT lol

But Vodafone does seem good value for you seeing that you have family members on Vodafone and that you dont call any other number in emergency.

I use Virgin Mobile 200 mins and texts for £10 per month and also get free voicemail with it. And I use this for calling everyone that is not on O2, I also use my Virgin Mobile for accessing Facebook through GPRS when I need to.

And I also have O2 Unlimited £15 per month, because I have lots of friends on O2 and the remaining credit I save up and use it to have a good natter 3 months afterwards lol.

But it really does depend on how you use your phone.

I mean like if you are on T-Mobile Everyone payg and you are using that because you call lots of people on all different networks then I would suggest to people to get a PAC code and transfer to Virgin Mobile's Daily Bonus tariff.

Virgin Mobile finally is competing once again! Take a look at this:

T-Mobile Everyone Payg:

Landlines: 15p per minute
All UK Mobiles: 15p per minute
Vociemail: 10p per minute
Texts: 10p per message
08 numbers: 40p per minute
Minimum call charge: Minimum of 1 minute, so a 10 second call to a 08 number will cost 40p.
Free Minutes and texts: No!
Call waiting: No!
Customer services: 25p per call

Virgin Mobile Daily Bonus Tariff:
Landlines: 15p per minutes
Virgin Mobiles: 15p per minute
Other UK networks: 15p per minute
08 numbers incl 0871: 15p per minute
0800 numbers: 10p per minute
Voicemail: Free!
Call Waiting: Yes!
Free mins and texts: Yes! 5 mins of free calls and 5 free texts everyday.
Customer services: 10p per call
Texts: 10p
Texts to Virgin Mobiles: 5p

So you see Virgin Mobile are now cheaper than T-Mobile and now even cheaper than Orange's equiavalent flat rate tariff!

Virgin are also the only 2G network that offers free voicemail,Call waiting and Call hold, something that all the other networks dont offer. 3 offers them, but not everyone has 3G phones.

Hopefully, they'll introduce new bundles that will compete with Vodafone and O2 soon.

chickendippers
01-09-2008, 18:26
3 have an extensive 2G network.