PDA

View Full Version : Netgear Wireless Router not connecting to Laptop

MK1
27-08-2008, 14:05
My dad's been trying to connect a netgear wireless wgt624 router to the new laptop but it's not having it. The furthest we get is the activation part or something like that and it won't connect then the internet won't work and we have to keep rebooting the modem.

Does anybody know where we're going wrong?

Thanks.

MovedGoalPosts
27-08-2008, 14:33
The modem will not know there is a new devices, (computer / router / etc) connected to it, unless the modem is powered off and on again. This has to be done every time you swap the connected device.

Joxer
27-08-2008, 15:29
It's difficult to answer this question without more information, it would help if you could tell us what is happening rather than what isn't. Rather than saying "it won't connect" try rephrasing to something like "when I try to connect X happens".

Is it a VM suppliled router? Are you running the setup cd? Built in wireless or VM adapter? Which version of Windows? Exactly where is it failing and what error message do you get?

whydoIneedatech
27-08-2008, 19:07
My dad's been trying to connect a netgear wireless wgt624 router to the new laptop but it's not having it. The furthest we get is the activation part or something like that and it won't connect then the internet won't work and we have to keep rebooting the modem.

Does anybody know where we're going wrong?

Thanks.
Here is the link to Netgear support pages for your router.

http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/WGT624.asp

This router is not Virgin supplied.