PDA

View Full Version : PC Guard problem

pjpwoody
26-08-2008, 19:49
Hi All

I need some help with removing PCGuard. I've lost my PCGuard password and the tech support phone line told me to uninstall/reinstall. Trouble is the uninstall asks for the password to allow removal. Help please.

Cheers

Paul

whydoIneedatech
26-08-2008, 20:01
Best to call Tech Support as the is a sequence of buttons to disable the PC Guard password and they can tell you what it is.

Tech Support is open 24/7 on the numbers below.

For help with your TV or Phone and for Broadband Technical Support:

Call Product Support/Faults on 151 option 3 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.

SteevieNiteHeat
26-08-2008, 20:17
Use Your Uninstaller (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/Your-Uninstaller.shtml) to remove any software from your computer!

It is really good and it has removed traces of programs I had long forgotten about!

pjpwoody
27-08-2008, 03:38
Best to call Tech Support as the is a sequence of buttons to disable the PC Guard password and they can tell you what it is.

Tech Support is open 24/7 on the numbers below.

For help with your TV or Phone and for Broadband Technical Support:

Call Product Support/Faults on 151 option 3 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.

I don't have a Virgin Media Phone.

Some idiot reprogrammed the 0845 454 1111 menu system last week and made such a mess of it that not even the the people on it could tell me what key sequence to press to get through to technical support. Hence my post here - which tells me to phone the support line :confused:

The online help says to phone support and get them to send an email with instructions to download a tools that resets the password.

The support line gave me a key sequence to try. This did not to work so I was told to uninstall/reinstall.

The support guy said press the 3 keys together and then press the reset button. Unfortunately there was no reset button in the dialogue box. He was very unclear in his instructions. Maybe someone could describe the steps from pressing unlock on the PCGuard panel.

Cheers

Paul

Joxer
27-08-2008, 13:52
How to proceed depends on which version you have - try this Start -> All Programs -> PCGuard -> Diagnostic Tool/Utility and look for a button that says reset all settings this will reset to no password amongst other things but only if it is version 6. It will only work if PCGuard isn't running and to shut it down you will need the password - try it in safe mode. I can't remember the key combination (too hungover) but in my experience it never worked anyway.

whydoIneedatech
27-08-2008, 19:21
Hi All

I need some help with removing PCGuard. I've lost my PCGuard password and the tech support phone line told me to uninstall/reinstall. Trouble is the uninstall asks for the password to allow removal. Help please.

Cheers

Paul

Password removal is > CTRL,SHIFT, U. this is the button sequence.