PDA

View Full Version : Email and cancelling my subscription

Gooch
26-08-2008, 15:22
I'm moving house in a few weeks and will need to cancel my Virgin broadband subscription.

Will my email address still be valid for a while or will access to my email via webmail be stopped as soon as my subscription expires?

Tech_Boy
26-08-2008, 15:25
your email address will be shut down as soon as your account is disconnected.

Gooch
26-08-2008, 15:25
Thanks for letting me know. I had better get a googlemail account set up a bit sharpish!

whydoIneedatech
26-08-2008, 15:26
I'm moving house in a few weeks and will need to cancel my Virgin broadband subscription.

Will my email address still be valid for a while or will access to my email via webmail be stopped as soon as my subscription expires?

Your email address is provided as part of your package and will finish when you close your account.

I would advise you to open a googlemail account or similar and transfer all your contacts to it and send them a all a cc email to tell them your change of email address.

AbyssUnderground
26-08-2008, 15:44
Your email address is provided as part of your package and will finish when you close your account.

I would advise you to open a googlemail account or similar and transfer all your contacts to it and send them a all a cc email to tell them your change of email address.

Best make that a Bcc e-mail...

whydoIneedatech
26-08-2008, 18:18
Best make that a Bcc e-mail...
Quite right!!

I wonder who was in a hurry:dozey: